West Ham fined £5.5million

Belfast Boy

Hammers have been fined a massive £5.5 million for the dodgy Argie deals but no points deducted. I am guessing there will be some sort of appeal, which IMO may be a risk as it could be changed to a points deduction. Depends if they think they have any chance of staying up I suppose.

Guest NIToon

Looks like they've been f**ked in both ends, they're going down anyway now they're taking a financial hit as well as probably losing players in the summer.  Shove it up 'em

Guest brewer

Apparently Tevez ans Masc were neither on loan nor fully owned by West Ham, they were, or in Tevez's case are still owned by Kia Joorabchians company.

Liverpool bought Masc from the third party.

I think thats right, not sure.

So why are West Ham still allowed to play Tevez? Surely he should now be banned for the rest of the season.

Got SSN on in the background, I think I just heard the presenter say that they have to buy him properly if they want to play him again.

So why are West Ham still allowed to play Tevez? Surely he should now be banned for the rest of the season.

Got SSN on in the background, I think I just heard the presenter say that they have to buy him properly if they want to play him again.

if thats the case i dont think he'll be playing again

Guest smoggeordie

Probably a stupid question...............I'm gonna ask it anyway though!!

What happens to the £5.5m?

New Ferrari's all round at the FA.

Guest NIToon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Mascherano

On January 16, 2007, Liverpool requested clearance from FIFA to take Mascherano on loan from West Ham. FIFA's rules state that no player can play for more than two different clubs between 1 July and 30 June the following year, but Mascherano had already played for both Corinthians and West Ham during this time.

FIFA approved the deal on January 31, 2007. However, although Liverpool submitted his registration details before the midnight transfer deadline England's Premier League did not immediately announce whether it would allow Mascherano to play for Liverpool, saying that it wanted to "take time to satisfy itself with the proposed arrangements".

According to the wiki Mascherano's deal at Liverpool is a loan from the spammers.  Does this mean that Macherano is still owned by MSI and he can't play either?

Probably a stupid question...............I'm gonna ask it anyway though!!

What happens to the £5.5m?

Well it'll probably go into grass roots..... errr no what am i on about they've got Wembley to pay for.

Guest killers_perm

Simply fining a club, even if it is to the tune of £5.5M will just send out the message that the richer clubs can break the rules and pay off the consequences.

The penalty HAS to be points deducted - the only true punishment that a club will fear.

Guest Kenton Magpie

They are down anyways, so why pile on the misery and take points off them?

either way they are going to suffer as a result next season when the egg jumps ship and realises that buying the 'ammers is the worst thing he has ever done.

Championship side always have been always will be for me

If it had been a mid-table team that were in this situation then there is no doubt that they would have been docked points.

Just because points win prizes at the moment for West Ham,  they have got off with it!  If Chelsea or Man Utd had been in the same position then I reckon the same would have applied!

Guest makemeacupoftea

I blame Souness.

you go in a thread saying what's the point in the topic etc

what is the point in that post?

Guest triggy99

I blame Souness.

you go in a thread saying what's the point in the topic etc

what is the point in that post?

he just likes being a menace to society