Guardian's Fiver Rumour Mill

GM

THE RUMOUR MILL

Craig Bellamy, Peter Crouch and Dirk Kuyt will be packed in Cellophane, shoved in Rafa Benitez's Datsun Sunny and taken to the 18th annual Wirral Car Boot Sale. Provided they can fit Crouchy in the boot, that is.

With the £6.18 and Prince William/Kate Middleton commemorative wedding Tupperware set Rafa gets for that little lot, Liverpool will capture David Villa, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Benni McCarthy.

Cartoon-legged, teetotallin', gambling man Michael Owen will whir about the GlazerDome next season. Until he gets injured.

Microsoft's co-founder Paul Allen, the 19th richest man in the world, will take over Southampton this summer. Well, Matt Le Tisser always was a fan of chips etc, and so on.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/fiver/

So who reckons that we'll be clever enough to nick in and pick up Kuyt before anyone else does?

Interesting to see Owen to Man Utd rumours are doing the rounds again. Slow news day, shirley?

Guest graemeh72

I think Bellamy has peaked as a footballer ...

which is a shame - I think he's capable of flashes but not on a consistant basis.

Bellamy is no kidding world class.  Why Rafa has set up Liverpool, just doesn't suit him.

Last season here was the best player i have seen for friggin ages, was clinical, high work rate and was easily most creative player of that season.

Swap for Owen plus they give us a couple of million and would snap it up.

If i have to choose between Crouch,Bellamy and Kuyt i will choose Crouch 100%,especially with the other 2 forwards we have Owen and Martins.

Crouch-Owen

Crouch-Martins

This partnerships would be perfect imo

Bellamy is no kidding world class.  Why Rafa has set up Liverpool, just doesn't suit him.

Last season here was the best player i have seen for friggin ages, was clinical, high work rate and was easily most creative player of that season.

He was, well apart from Drogba, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Boa Morte, Milner, Rooney.....  :D

He was, well apart from Drogba, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Boa Morte, Milner, Rooney.....  :D

Your ability to read and understand what people are saying is a real problem for you, mate. You should take your time thinking about what you're posting instead of banging out a reply as fast as you can trying to be a smartarse. You just completely missed what dcmk meant in his post but hey, we're all used to you posting rubbish.

Crouch ahead of Bellamy?   :cheesy: :cheesy:  I read some funny stuff on this forum and there's another one. Each to their own like......

Scores more goals.

Gets more assists.

Hasn't HTL gotten out of bed the wrong side of bed this morning? :lol:

Stats didn't help Laurent Robert.....

Bellamy is a much better footballer than Crouch. If you people prefer to use stats to judge a footballer then that's upto you, I couldn't give a s*** tbh, it's a good laugh.

Crouch is a decent player and if we signed him I'd be happy enough 'cos he'd be an improvement over what we currently have at the club, but he's not as good as Bellamy.

Stats didn't help those people unable to judge with their eyes when it came to Laurent Robert.....

Bellamy is a much better footballer than Crouch. If you people prefer to use stats to judge a footballer then that's upto you, I couldn't give a shit tbh, it's a good laugh.

Crouch is a decent player and if we signed him I'd be happy enough 'cos he'd be an improvement over what we currently have at the club, but he's not as good as Bellamy.

'better footballer'

how? he doesnt score more or assist more, he runs alot but doesnt really do anything worthwhile for all his running as if he does get a 1 on 1 it ends up wide.

Stats didn't help those people unable to judge with their eyes when it came to Laurent Robert.....

Bellamy is a much better footballer than Crouch. If you people prefer to use stats to judge a footballer then that's upto you, I couldn't give a s*** tbh, it's a good laugh.

'better footballer'

how? he doesnt score more or assist more, he runs alot but doesnt really do anything worthwhile for all his running as if he does get a 1 on 1 it ends up wide.

mackems.gif

Sorry like, but that's absolute tosh.

Rubbish rumours, cant see Lpool selling 3 of their strikers... cant see Fergie being daft enough to gamble on Owen, when he wants Saha out the door for similar reasons.

I'd take Crouch out of those 3, good target man, scores goals and makes goals, also scares the crap out of a lot of defences. Crouch & Owen/Martins partnership would be good, with Shola as 4th choice and Carroll 5th.

But this wont happen, Sibierskis new contract means we'll go with Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Sib, Carroll.

HTL are you one of those people who is blinded by pace?

You remind me of my little cousin who gets excited by any player who runs fast ...

Could you please explain to me how Bellamy is a better striker than Crouch?

You remind me of my little cousin who gets excited by any player who runs fast ...

he provides no explanation in any of his posts, just writes off other peoples opinions :D

he provides no explanation in any of his posts, just writes off other peoples opinions :D

Bellamy is essentiallly a guy who has excellent speed which bothers defenders who are not very mobile but other than that ...

He is caught offside quite a bit doesn't particularly pass the ball well or cross the ball well and doesn't have a threatening shot. He also isn't clinical in one on one situations.

Isn't he supposed to be a striker? Not impressive at all.

If you say so.