All 'Mackems are promoted as champions' posts in here

Superior Acuña

How crap are burnley? incapable of stringing 2 passes together.

The commentator's banging on about how there are 20 000 more there than on keane's first game-  as if it's something to be proud of.  Surely it just highlights there are 20 000 glory hunters there.

My mate's in Dublin at the moment, he just texted saying the pub was going wild whenever the mackems scored, as if he'd been in sunderland.

Fucking pathetic, after what Keane did to them as well, losers.

Serious question - does Sunderland's renaissance worry you? Be honest.

We've got the same thing with Birmingham potentially coming up, but in that case it is different, as they're always going to be a badly run grotty parks team. Sunderland seem to have some money and momentum behind them.

We've got the same thing with Birmingham potentially coming up, but in that case it is different, as they're always going to be a badly run grotty parks team. Sunderland seem to have some money and momentum behind them.

They are going in the right direction.Keane has done great job there

I think it will depends alot about their ambition in the summer transfers

If they sign some good players under Keane they might be a hit like Wigan,Reading etc.in their first season after promotion

I don't buy this Sunderland hype, Keane is overhyped and their resources are probably overhyped aswell. Watch the confidence drop when they step up a division!

I don't buy this Sunderland hype, Keane is overhyped and their resources are probably overhyped aswell. Watch the confidence drop when they step up a division!

I think you are underestimate them a little bit.

Keane is a great person,great leader,great character and so far he is showing that he is a good coach

This season in the Premiership this will be his test.

At least im 100% sure that they will perform better then last season ;D ;D

I think Sunderland will be next season's Reading.  In Keane they have a winner and a motivator, some of it is bound to rub off on the players.

I think Sunderland will be next season's Reading.  In Keane they have a winner and a motivator, some of it is bound to rub off on the players.

We had that in Souness. ;)

Sunderland will beat us at SOL.

Apart from that, i expect the mackems to all believe they'll get into europe, after 5 defeats at the start it will all fizzle out and keane will walk before the end of the season.

Strikes me he is getting wonders from shite players. They're going to need to spend big.

They ran away with that division under McCarthy and look what happened there. That said, I think they'll do better this time round - they couldn't really do any worse.

Had Sunderland been under Keane since day one they could now be a runaway leader in Championship too. Mick McCarthy had had years of experience whereas Roy Keane is still a managerial rookie.

Where will they finish next season? Hard to say. Both Johny Evans and Danny Simpson (both have done very well especailly the former) are loanees from Manchester United but next season they are both going back. And their keeper Darren Ward isn't good enough.

I think it really depends on which players they get this summer. They clearly need good defenders, good keeper and better strikers who are more clinical.

They're moving in the right direction on and off the pitch thats a fact, so is the fact that they'll have to spend big - and they know it, but that could be good for us too. Apart from the fact it brings back a decent derby, it'll probably also help us get us a better team. I mean, will our board really want to risk finishing lower than Sunderland?

I love how Keane was mouthing off saying they could beat Chelsea, then they went and lost their next game to Colchester.

I'm not worried, the mackems have won their league before and come up before going straight back down.

No. I honestly think they're shit from front to back.

The keeper (forget is name) looks VERY ordinary.

Half of the back 4 are part of the 15pt team and the other half are Man Utd reserves. (Backed up by more of the 15 pointers).

Edwards looks a canny player admittedly on the right, left winger is part of the 15 pointers as is the ugly twat with the big jaw + Celtic reserve (Young, local kid, untried foreign winger and 35 yr old Yorke as back-up).

Arsenal reject + 2 journeyman second tier forwards up front.

The very fact they're going for automatic promotion says far more about the standard of the Championship than it does about those smelly wankers. They're one of the best of a very, very bad bunch. Seen them about 6 times this season and I've yet to be impressed by them. Having said that, I'm yet to be impressed by any team in that League this year. (Brum in the cup as a possible exception  :blush: ) Sunderland's results look far more impressive than their performances this season. They need to spend at least £20m to stand a chance of staying up next year. They need at least 8 players of the required quality to make a decent fist of things.

The only thing I'd say in their favour is that I think Keane is a far better manager than Roeder. He's obviously got them going and seems to set his team out well. He can obviously motivate them and has them punching above their weight and he deserves credit for that. They've scored a huge amount of goals in the last 10/15 mins of games to turn draws into wins and losses into draws this season..........which is fine - a goal's a goal whenever you score it but these fuckers are now relying on these late goals now. They won't score as many late ones next season against far superior teams.  8)

Forever in our shadow. Fucking mongs.