All 'Mackems are promoted as champions' posts in here

Superior Acuña

Mind you, I asked the same guy if he thought the current squad could survive in the Prem and he said yes, comfortably. So you can imagine my delight when I asked him if I thought Nosworthy could handle the likes of Henry and Rooney, he simply said "yeah of course"

Dillusional

Did you have to aks him what you thought?  And, how did he know something baout you that you didn't?

Mind you, I asked the same guy if he thought the current squad could survive in the Prem and he said yes, comfortably. So you can imagine my delight when I asked him if I thought Nosworthy could handle the likes of Henry and Rooney, he simply said "yeah of course"

Dillusional

Did you have to aks him what you thought?  And, how did he know something baout you that you didn't?

Aks? Baout?

Dillusional

Aks? Baout?

bluelaugh.gif

Guest redmayne

Serious question - does Sunderland's renaissance worry you? Be honest.

We've got the same thing with Birmingham potentially coming up, but in that case it is different, as they're always going to be a badly run grotty parks team. Sunderland seem to have some money and momentum behind them.

I think Sunderland will be next season's Reading.  In Keane they have a winner and a motivator, some of it is bound to rub off on the players.

Strikes me he is getting wonders from s**** players. They're going to need to spend big.

as opposed to us who are getting shite from good players

clueless roeder

Guest Phil K

Just laughing from one of the quotes on "Ready To Go" forum :-

"joyous times like these we should spare a thought for other less fortunates such as Leeds.

On second thoughts f*ck em."

(He actually spelt thoughts "thaughts" !)

There's a f****** c*** who i sit next to in my English class, who alledgedly supports Sunderland. He's a proper Sunderland w****** aswell - thick as mince and doesn't know the first thing about football. :lol:  Yet he's been chanting for weeks on end "We are going up", etc, because he doesn't like me and he knows i'm a Newcastle fan.

I just sent the w****** a PM on MSN saying: "The mackems are coming to St James' next season."

"What's a mackem?"

f****** retard. :lol:

Sorry, i know, hardly the most thrilling story. But i felt it worth sharing.

Why didn't you fucking smack him one?  Sounds like he needs it. 

There's a f****** c*** who i sit next to in my English class, who alledgedly supports Sunderland. He's a proper Sunderland w****** aswell - thick as mince and doesn't know the first thing about football. :lol:  Yet he's been chanting for weeks on end "We are going up", etc, because he doesn't like me and he knows i'm a Newcastle fan.

I just sent the w****** a PM on MSN saying: "The mackems are coming to St James' next season."

"What's a mackem?"

f****** retard. :lol:

Sorry, i know, hardly the most thrilling story. But i felt it worth sharing.

Why didn't you fucking smack him one?  Sounds like he needs it. 

:lol:

Very good call.

Keane has really impressed me. He looked calm when they were in trouble, and equally calm when they honed in on a promotion spot. He's worked under the two best managers that Britain has produced in Ferguson and Clough, and you do get this feeling that he knows what he's doing.

Plus he's got an intelligent Chairman who understands what a manager needs, and financial backing that'll make sure they take full advantage of the momentum they've built up.

A well run club with everyone pulling in the same direction. We could learn a lot.

They're moving in the right direction, we're moving in the wrong direction. That should worry anyone.

They're moving in the right direction, we're moving in the wrong direction. That should worry anyone.

Is the right answer.

They have the right people in charge of the club in the key positions, I can honestly see them finishing above us next season.

Keane has really impressed me. He looked calm when they were in trouble, and equally calm when they honed in on a promotion spot. He's worked under the two best managers that Britain has produced in Ferguson and Clough, and you do get this feeling that he knows what he's doing.

Plus he's got an intelligent Chairman who understands what a manager needs, and financial backing that'll make sure they take full advantage of the momentum they've built up.

A well run club with everyone pulling in the same direction. We could learn a lot.

I would imagine Sunderland wont be one of these clubs where worst trainer of the day/week gets to wear yellow shirt, scrawled with abusive slogans on.

starting to worry about them coming up.  have you seen all the players they are planning to sign

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=224036

special mention for the lad who thinks van nistelrooy wouldnt be good enough for them

Its an obvious thing to say and I apologise if its been said before but the first 6-7 games are their key.

If they get off to a good start their confidence will carry them through... if they really struggle then thankfully they shoudl carry on in that vain.

I am relying on their previous champtionship season where they didnt carry on with their perfromances.....

cant be doing with them being above us

One some news report on the smoking ban in Ireland yesterday two of the paddies they interviewed were wearing crisp new mackem tops  :rolleyes:

And when they were interviewing the mackems in a boozer after the Derby match, amongst the gurning simpletons slurring "Wheh wheez back wheh wuz belong noo lik" some wifey was saying "Aye, it's great leek, now wuz lasses ul have peace and quiet an time fer shopping an bingo an that on a saddah"  Obviously her mate's blokes didn't bother to renew when they were in the fizzy pop league.

Seriously though, people are hugely over-rating them in my opinion. Let's be honest, only one of their first-team would get into our current XI, and he's not even a Sunderland player! (Jonny Evans). Edwards would make the bench at a push. To finish ahead of us, they're going to have to spend vast sums. And I mean £40-50m, not the £25m that's being bandied about. We'll spend around £15m ourselves probably to plug the gaps we have in our squad. I think we'll finish at least 15 points ahead of them next season.

Guest Gemmill

I've got two bets on with my sister's mackem boyfriend, both of which he suggested.

- £200 that we finish above them next season

- £200 that they don't win the Premiership in the next 10 years

The first one I have slight concerns over given the respective momentum of the two clubs.  The second one is fucking laughable and I couldn't take the bet quick enough when he suggested it - honestly they have one good season and they are suddenly future Premiership champions. :lol:  I text him after they got howked off Colchester to say "Look on the bright side - you won't have to play teams as good as Colchester every week in the Premiership."  Tit.