Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

Don't want him. Bolton play ugly football and i never want to see that sort of play at Newcastle.

And we've played some wonderful stuff this season  :rolleyes:

Alkmaar at home, Reading at Home, Pompey at home (In the Carling cup). Three good performances this year that were really entertaining to watch. With a little bit better luck with injuries next year I'm sure we will see more of that.

So three matches then out of 50+ games? glad to see we have high standards.

These people moaning about shit football that Allardyce plays, would you take Mourinho? He plays as boring football despite spending huge sums of money on the squad yet is rated as one of the best managers in the world!

But given a choice ONLY between those two, Roeder or Allardyce, which one? (@mrmojorisin75)

i'd be tempted to stick to be honest

i see nothing in allardyce that suggests he'll fit in at SJP in any capacity - the only thing think he'd bring that he'd do better than roeder would be his much-hyped "scientific approach" that might make the players fitter or something

everyone is clamouring for change but it's not always the best move, as we saw with souness

How can you possibly think there isnt a huge difference between Allardyce and Roeder? Allardyce is one of the best in the business at getting underperforming players in and making them exceed any ability they previously had. His "much hyped" methods have done him very well and when he has been given money to spend he has done very well with it signing people like Diouf (another player who has flourished under him) and Anelka.

Its easy to compare Allardyce with Curbishley as they have done similar things with fairly small clubs on tight budgets but you surely must see the bigger picture and not just that one similarity? Its like saying Bellamy and Sibierski are similar players because they have scored around the same amount of goals each this season.

do enlighten me about the bigger picture, please...what do you see it as?

what i said was that i see nothing that tells me allardyce would fit in at SJP and i stick by it to be honest, there's a difference between saying that and saying he's better/worse than roeder is there not?....to me he's another souness waiting to happen 'cause the fans won't like the guy from the off, we're all suspicious about his loyalties and style of football...if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and and fight with the press just like souness did (remember all his bristling with the press around the england job?)

i agree that presently there appears a world of difference between roeder and allardyce but once he's removed from his "us against the world" small club mentality that serves him so well what do you see in him that would make him susccessful at NUFC where the demands and pressures are so much greater?

as i've said in another post just before this put allardyce in charge with our squad in the full knowledge that there is no money to spend and fine, i'm all for it, but there will be money to spend and i think we can do much better therefore don't change for the sake of it, make an informed judgement not just get someone 'cause he becomes available and has done pretty well somewhere else

also bear in mind about bolton that they've mostly failed eh?  league cup finals and champions league placings...they've failed more often than they've succeeded, right?

But given a choice ONLY between those two, Roeder or Allardyce, which one? (@mrmojorisin75)

i see nothing in allardyce that suggests he'll fit in at SJP in any capacity - the only thing think he'd bring that he'd do better than roeder would be his much-hyped "scientific approach" that might make the players fitter or something

everyone is clamouring for change but it's not always the best move, as we saw with souness

How can you possibly think there isnt a huge difference between Allardyce and Roeder? Allardyce is one of the best in the business at getting underperforming players in and making them exceed any ability they previously had. His "much hyped" methods have done him very well and when he has been given money to spend he has done very well with it signing people like Diouf (another player who has flourished under him) and Anelka.

Its easy to compare Allardyce with Curbishley as they have done similar things with fairly small clubs on tight budgets but you surely must see the bigger picture and not just that one similarity? Its like saying Bellamy and Sibierski are similar players because they have scored around the same amount of goals each this season.

what i said was that i see nothing that tells me allardyce would fit in at SJP and i stick by it to be honest, there's a difference between saying that and saying he's better/worse than roeder is there not?....to me he's another souness waiting to happen 'cause the fans won't like the guy from the off, we're all suspicious about his loyalties and style of football...if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and and fight with the press just like souness did (remember all his bristling with the press around the england job?)

i agree that presently there appears a world of difference between roeder and allardyce but once he's removed from his "us against the world" small club mentality that serves him so well what do you see in him that would make him susccessful at NUFC where the demands and pressures are so much greater?

as i've said in another post just before this put allardyce in charge with our squad in the full knowledge that there is no money to spend and fine, i'm all for it, but there will be money to spend and i think we can do much better therefore don't change for the sake of it, make an informed judgement not just get someone 'cause he becomes available and has done pretty well somewhere else

also bear in mind about bolton that they've mostly failed eh?  league cup finals and champions league placings...they've failed more often than they've succeeded, right?

Allardyce knows how to plan, build a team, use a variaton of tactics depending on who he is playing, change tactics during a game, use modern methods to improve coaching and fitness, motivate players, get the best out of players who have lost their way etc etc...

He is nothing like Souness, Souness was a manager on the way down, a manager who had a history of poor relations with players and a manager who the fans really didn't want.

Don't want him. Bolton play ugly football and i never want to see that sort of play at Newcastle.

Alkmaar at home, Reading at Home, Pompey at home (In the Carling cup). Three good performances this year that were really entertaining to watch. With a little bit better luck with injuries next year I'm sure we will see more of that.

Glad someone mentioned it. 3 decent performances all season? Jesus tittyfucking christ. Get Allardyce in.

These people moaning about s*** football that Allardyce plays, would you take Mourinho? He plays as boring football despite spending huge sums of money on the squad yet is rated as one of the best managers in the world!

yeah but he's only doing that at chel$ki for reasons unknown to me

at porto they played a calculated counter-attacking game that was in no way bad to watch, they had some great ball players like deco and carlos alberto....at chel$ki he's taken the same idea but it just turns my blood cold watching it

i once said to a mate that mourinho's chel$ski is like something that would come out of a computer programme that was designed to tell you how to win matches....to me that's what it's like and i see bolton/allardyce in a similar vein...they take any potential for joy out of the game, winning becomes the all consuming idea behind the team and i just don't like it

when have we ever been like that as a club?  if we ever become defined by winning trophies it then i'll pack it in 'til we come back to what we know

what would any of you take - playing consistently attractive, ambitious football and the likelihood that you'd more often than not miss out on trophies or watch a chel$ki/bolton style direct pressing game in the knowledge that trophies are likely to come along because of it?  no contest for me

look at spurs fans, do you think they're crying out for jol to be sacked and allardyce installed?  are they F@CK 'cause they're watching spurs play good football; we on the other hand are watching tripe and want to replace it with something marginally better that will get results....f#ck that i say, why not go and get another coach from holland or spain who can get players passing and moving?

These people moaning about s*** football that Allardyce plays, would you take Mourinho? He plays as boring football despite spending huge sums of money on the squad yet is rated as one of the best managers in the world!

yeah but he's only doing that at chel$ki for reasons unknown to me

they're winning games. I find that tends to be a decent reason.

I would rather get results and win trophies. Few Bolton games I have seen this season they have played much more attractive football than us anyway. As said before this whole "Bolton are boring" is a bit of a myth these days, with players like Anelka, Okocha, Diouf etc.. they have the ability and do play some enjoyable football at times.

Allardyce knows how to plan, build a team, use a variaton of tactics depending on who he is playing, change tactics during a game, use modern methods to improve coaching and fitness, motivate players, get the best out of players who have lost their way etc etc...

He is nothing like Souness, Souness was a manager on the way down, a manager who had a history of poor relations with players and a manager who the fans really didn't want.

like i said, all of this is my opinion, and watching bolton i'm afraid i don't see much of the tactical nouse you see - when the direct game and pushing teams about doesn't work then they lose, when it does they win, as is my perception of them....

what is it with you?  my comparison to souness was not all encompassing, just like i didn't say roeder/allardyce were of similar quality....my reference to souness was about their character and relations with the press, allardyce is a spit the dummy out merchant when things don't go his way and everyone would be all over him if he was poor at the toon therefore i draw my comparison on that, nothing else

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

ha ha you're making me laugh now 'cause i never said any of that at all!!

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

if you're gonna talk sh!te expect to get laughed at

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk shite :lol:

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

Plus the fact that in 2 of the 3 games the team fielded weaker teams

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

I obviously want us to play attractive football but surely winning is what counts at the end of the day?

tell you what i've just looked at that poll about this and i'm blown away that 80% of people on here would go for allardyce, i really am...

this, to me, can only be attributed to dissatisfaction with roeder rather than any affinity with allardyce

and as for attractive football yeah, of course, but i never want us to become consumed by winning...when we were losing the league or cups to manu i never wanted to see toon players chasing refs about screaming, or seeing players diving or whatever to get the win...

to allardyce, from my perspective, it's only about winning....when have we EVER been about that?  and by the way bolton are 4 wins ahead of us in the table and we've had what is to be considered a travesty of a season, whereas bolton have had just about their best season ever....

are you that sure that given time in the summer to fulfil his plans, assuming he has them, and with michael owen playing say 20 games that we couldn't do just as well with roeder as we could with allardyce?  i'm not....

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

firstly it's an internet forum pal, hardly reflective of general opinion is it? 

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

I obviously want us to play attractive football but surely winning is what counts at the end of the day?

tell you what i've just looked at that poll about this and i'm blown away that 80% of people on here would go for allardyce, i really am...

this, to me, can only be attributed to dissatisfaction with roeder rather than any affinity with allardyce

and as for attractive football yeah, of course, but i never want us to become consumed by winning...when we were losing the league or cups to manu i never wanted to see toon players chasing refs about screaming, or seeing players diving or whatever to get the win...

to allardyce, from my perspective, it's only about winning....when have we EVER been about that?  and by the way bolton are 4 wins ahead of us in the table and we've had what is to be considered a travesty of a season, whereas bolton have had just about their best season ever....

are you that sure that given time in the summer to fulfil his plans, assuming he has them, and with michael owen playing say 20 games that we couldn't do just as well with roeder as we could with allardyce?  i'm not....

How much have we spent compared to Bolton? Who would you be more confident on if you were forced to bet a lot of money on one of us finishing in a European place next season?

Allardyce has got Bolton as far as they could have wished to go on very limited resources due to effective football, getting the right players in and getting the best out of players who have been on their way down.

People want Allardyce because he knows how to win, do you think Jose stops to think "well yeah I do want to win games but I wish we would player more attractive football" when his team picks up another trophy? All managers want to win and Allardyce is that good a manager he has worked out how to get a club like Bolton overperforming on the resource he has been given. As said the "boring football" tag is a bit of a myth these days like when people claim we are "entertainers". He has shown his intentions over the years with some of the players he has brought in. When given money he has invested it well and has brought players who play attractive football.

firstly it's an internet forum pal, hardly reflective of general opinion is it? 

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

An internet forum will give a more unbiased opinion than "your mates down the pub". Its a large cross section of fans who often have different opinions and the fact the majority would go for Allardyce says a lot imo. 

Allardyce wouldn't top my wish list as a manager for us but put him against Roeder and its a no brainer.  Everything that Bolton has done is because of him, he's built Bolton up to what they are today, Roeder had done nothing of note as a manager at any club, in reality Roeder is lucky to be employed in football at all.