Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

I obviously want us to play attractive football but surely winning is what counts at the end of the day?

tell you what i've just looked at that poll about this and i'm blown away that 80% of people on here would go for allardyce, i really am...

this, to me, can only be attributed to dissatisfaction with roeder rather than any affinity with allardyce

and as for attractive football yeah, of course, but i never want us to become consumed by winning...when we were losing the league or cups to manu i never wanted to see toon players chasing refs about screaming, or seeing players diving or whatever to get the win...

to allardyce, from my perspective, it's only about winning....when have we EVER been about that?  and by the way bolton are 4 wins ahead of us in the table and we've had what is to be considered a travesty of a season, whereas bolton have had just about their best season ever....

are you that sure that given time in the summer to fulfil his plans, assuming he has them, and with michael owen playing say 20 games that we couldn't do just as well with roeder as we could with allardyce?  i'm not....

How much have we spent compared to Bolton? Who would you be more confident on if you were forced to bet a lot of money on one of us finishing in a European place next season?

Allardyce has got Bolton as far as they could have wished to go on very limited resources due to effective football, getting the right players in and getting the best out of players who have been on their way down.

People want Allardyce because he knows how to win, do you think Jose stops to think "well yeah I do want to win games but I wish we would player more attractive football" when his team picks up another trophy? All managers want to win and Allardyce is that good a manager he has worked out how to get a club like Bolton overperforming on the resource he has been given. As said the "boring football" tag is a bit of a myth these days like when people claim we are "entertainers". He has shown his intentions over the years with some of the players he has brought in. When given money he has invested it well and has brought players who play attractive football.

is this the same attractive football that sees bolton kick arsenal off the pitch every time they play them just to get a result?

you've come full circle back to how this all started with: "Allardyce has got Bolton as far as they could have wished to go on very limited resources due to effective football, getting the right players in and getting the best out of players who have been on their way down."

we differ, hugely, on whether he can make the step up to a club like NUFC

how long do you honestly think that people would be happy with allardyce if he came to SJP with the same style of football?  even if he got us in the uefa cup people just aren't gonna be interested in watching us play anymore than they are now...

I hate it when the press compare Allardyce with Curbishley. Totally different. Allardyce has actually turned a relegation candidate in 2003, to a team capable of finishing top 6, whereas was there any real improvement in Charlton from when they came up in 2000 to when he left in 2006? Just a run of the mill side who'd have struggled to survive this season even if he'd stayed on.

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

ha ha you're making me laugh now 'cause i never said any of that at all!!

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

if you're gonna talk sh!te expect to get laughed at

Guest Nappy Rash

No to Allardyce, he's been at Bolton longer than I've pulling on me tiddler and the best he's been able to with his teams is finish below Roeder last season when he had inherited all Souness' problems.

Roeder is no Wenger or Ferguson, but neither is Allardyce, we need to stop changing Managers every 12 Months because feet stamping knob jockeys are sick of their new figurehead already.

Its time to back Roeder, the only way he shouldnt be backed is if we can get someone in significantly better.

Not a MON, the media darling who's no better than McLeish, Strachan or Souness ,certainly not an Allardyce.

This club needs continuity, not another change for another mediocre Manager.

Anyway the fat mackem bastard turned it down before Souness was given it and Im not sure Freddie is a bloke to ask twice.

You claimed Newcastle fans would fall out with Allardyce as soon as the results didn't go our way like they did with Souness, I pointed out the differences and reasons why they probably wouldn't. If you are going to make comparisons expect people to pick holes at them.

what i said was "the fans won't like the guy from the off" and "if results go against him he'll retreat into his shell and fight with the press just like souness did"

never said the fans would want him out at all just that we're "suspicious" of his loyalties, as i certainly am

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

firstly it's an internet forum pal, hardly reflective of general opinion is it? 

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

An internet forum will give a more unbiased opinion than "your mates down the pub". Its a large cross section of fans who often have different opinions and the fact the majority would go for Allardyce says a lot imo. 

i've always stated this is my perception of the situation, nothing more nothing less

however this place is full of bairns who are clamouring for change for the sake of it

the same w@nkers who were complaining about robson and saw him replaced with souness

He plays the game to get results, if he has to resort to bullying teams like Arsenal to get results then so be it but he doesn't play like that against everyone. I think people would be quite happy if he won us a trophy tbh.

I would rather win more playing effective but sometimes boring football than play attractive football and lose a lot. Gone are the days we are the "entertainers" and it would take a very special manager to get that back.

No to Allardyce, he's been at Bolton longer than I've pulling on me tiddler and the best he's been able to with his teams is finish below Roeder last season when he had inherited all Souness' problems.

Roeder is no Wenger or Ferguson, but neither is Allardyce, we need to stop changing Managers every 12 Months because feet stamping knob jockeys are sick of their new figurehead already.

Its time to back Roeder, the only way he shouldnt be backed is if we can get someone in significantly better.

Not a MON, the media darling who's no better than McLeish, Strachan or Souness ,certainly not an Allardyce.

Anyway the fat mackem b****** turned it down before Souness was given it and Im not sure Freddie is a bloke to ask twice.

this

I obviously want us to play attractive football but surely winning is what counts at the end of the day?

tell you what i've just looked at that poll about this and i'm blown away that 80% of people on here would go for allardyce, i really am...

this, to me, can only be attributed to dissatisfaction with roeder rather than any affinity with allardyce

and as for attractive football yeah, of course, but i never want us to become consumed by winning...when we were losing the league or cups to manu i never wanted to see toon players chasing refs about screaming, or seeing players diving or whatever to get the win...

to allardyce, from my perspective, it's only about winning....when have we EVER been about that?  and by the way bolton are 4 wins ahead of us in the table and we've had what is to be considered a travesty of a season, whereas bolton have had just about their best season ever....

are you that sure that given time in the summer to fulfil his plans, assuming he has them, and with michael owen playing say 20 games that we couldn't do just as well with roeder as we could with allardyce?  i'm not....

Seeing as this is an internet forum "pal" (thanks for reminding me, even though I strangely had not forgotten), why don't you read people's opinions on the matter rather than trying to interpret a poll result that is very much in contradiction with what you claim to be the truth. Poll result not in my favour, wait a minute: "this, to me, can only be attributed to dissatisfaction with roeder rather than any affinity with allardyce".. Utter rubbish. I, like most people on here, have seen a lot from Allardyce and he beats Roeder hands down in nearly every aspect of being a good manager. What you claim here is that any poll Roeder vs X would show pretty much the same results. I don't believe that to be the case at all. I wouldn't take the likes of Curbishly, McClaren or Jewell over Roeder, because they wouldn't be a significant enough improvement (basically your argument about Allardyce), but with Allardyce he has just proven to be so much more consistent and better it's a no brainer for most people. Rather than claiming people may not know enough about Allaryce, you should consider the possibility that they do (some maybe even more so than you) and have come to a different conclusion..

Anyway the fat mackem b****** turned it down before Souness was given it and Im not sure Freddie is a bloke to ask twice.

The club does need continuity but not with the wrong manager, we could have kept Souness and had continuity but that would have done us no good at all.

You cant go from a poor, boring team to an attractive team overnight - it takes years of work on the training ground. Took Sir Bobby Robson 2 years and 3 months to get Newcastle flying. Same with all new managers - results come ahead of performances

Sam Allardyce has, with limited resources got a team with lower ability playing more attractive football than we are right now. The whole boring direct Bolton is a pure myth based on Bolton's first two seasons in the Premiership. Would suggest that you dont watch many non-NUFC matches.

You need to get rid of your ideology, as things wont happen the way you want, even if the idea of  attractive football plus results is the best outcome.

PS stop permanently contradicting yourself, you do this in every single thread, and makes you impossible to respond to.

You thought "why the fuck are you briniging me into this!?" at first didn't you? :lol:

What makes you think the fans wont like him from the off? and you claim I talk s**** :lol:

i honestly think people are suspicious of the type of football he plays at bolton (and i agree with you and others that our current quality is worse than bolton but that means nowt), everyone i know and have spoken to BAR NONE have basically said "f@ck that" when the prospect is raised of allardyce as NUFC manager and it's what i say too, i don't like the guy as a man or a football manager

it's like that lad NE5 says about the board, same thing, we might have a bad one but clamouring for a slightly better one (in certain areas) might not be the best thing eh? 

comes back to the other post i made - if winning (a few more) matches is all you care about then allardyce is your man, and i thought i was missing the bigger picture

It means everything tbh, which is why we are even having this discussion in the first place. Anyway, it seems you are pretty much alone on here claiming the majority of our fans will not like the idea of Allardyce as our new manager. Doesn't that tell you anything, being alone yet claiming to speak for a majority?

secondly my point is that because we're playing awful football right now under roeder how does that become an endorsement to sign a manager with a long history of playing awful football?  even if it's better than we play right now it's still awful pal

An internet forum will give a more unbiased opinion than "your mates down the pub". Its a large cross section of fans who often have different opinions and the fact the majority would go for Allardyce says a lot imo. 

i've always stated this is my perception of the situation, nothing more nothing less

however this place is full of bairns who are clamouring for change for the sake of it

the same w@nkers who were complaining about robson and saw him replaced with souness

You're right about the bairns, but not the last sentence imo. Robson should have gone a year earlier and Shearer should also have been replaced. The signs were there and were clear enough. Robson should have obviously been replaced by a good manager, not a wanker like Souness, had this happened even replacing him at the time he went would have worked out ok.

It's true that there are people (as you say "wankers on here") who believe any old change is going to bring improvement, it's just not the case that this is certain. Some people only see the obvious when it's too late.

You cant go from a poor, boring team to an attractive team overnight - it takes years of work on the training ground. Took Sir Bobby Robson 2 years and 3 months to get Newcastle flying. Same with all new managers - results come ahead of performances

Sam Allardyce has, with limited resources got a team with lower ability playing more attractive football than we are right now. The whole boring direct Bolton is a pure myth based on Bolton's first two seasons in the Premiership. Would suggest that you dont watch many non-NUFC matches.

You need to get rid of your ideology, as things wont happen the way you want, even if the idea of  attractive football plus results is the best outcome.

PS stop permanently contradicting yourself, you do this in every single thread, and makes you impossible to respond to.

But...but...but you just responded.

He plays the game to get results, if he has to resort to bullying teams like Arsenal to get results then so be it but he doesn't play like that against everyone. I think people would be quite happy if he won us a trophy tbh.

I would rather win more playing effective but sometimes boring football than play attractive football and lose a lot. Gone are the days we are the "entertainers" and it would take a very special manager to get that back.

get a goddam grip man

how bad do you think things really are? 

why does it take a "special manager" to get a team playing attractive football?  steve coppell manages quite nicely don't you think?

the whole thing comes down the fact that you'd compromise for allardyce 'cause you think he'd do a bit better than roeder, not that you think allardyce is the best manager for NUFC doesn't it?

i don't want to see us make that compromise, ever

So we should aim for continuity now we have a mediocre manager (and that's being generous), not change if there is a possibility of getting a far better manager in? What kind of world do you live in?

You need to give your head a shake if you think people are clamouring for change for the sake of it, people are clamoring for change because they don't like what is happening at our club, people don't like the direction which the club is going and want that reversed, few people think Roeder is the person to do that and its based on what they see every week, bar three.

Personally, I can’t see any reason to keep Roeder if somebody better came along, I’d rather not keep Roeder for the sake of it.

Guest Nappy Rash

The club does need continuity but not with the wrong manager, we could have kept Souness and had continuity but that would have done us no good at all.

We could have stuck by Daglish or even SBR who had credentials, we didnt, totally irrelevant.

What we dont need is another change for change sake and someone of a similar ilk, Roeder finished above Allardyce last season, why cant he do it again next season if he is backed and he doesnt have an injury list as long as the list of petulant, pessimistc, doom-mongering, whinging, feet stamping whingers on here?

Do you think there isn't a reason no fucker decent wants this job?

You get 12 Months to win something or you're fucked.

Anyway, I've resigned myself to Shearer being Freds last throw of the dice, if and when he's ready.

This reminds me of when Joe Kinnear was Manager of the Year with Wimbledon.........

Wasn't aimed at you GeJon.

Sorry I thought you had quoted me at first and was thinking "why is he having a go at me and agreeing with me at the same time!" :lol:

I don't want Allardyce because "he is better than Roeder" (well i do but thats not the only reason) I want Allardyce because we need someone who can build us back from the foundations we have left. We need a forward thinking manager and someone who can motivate and get the best out of our underperforming stars. We need a complete change in our backroom set up and Allardyce is the manager who can do that.

We could have stuck by Daglish or even SBR who had credentials, we didnt, totally irrelevant.

What we dont need is another change for change sake and someone of a similar ilk, Roeder finished above Allardyce last season, why cant he do it again next season if he is backed and he doesnt have an injury list as long as the list of petulant, pessimistc, doom-mongering, whinging, feet stamping whingers on here?

Do you think there isn't a reason no fucker decent wants this job?

You get 12 Months to win something or you're f*****.

Anyway, I've resigned myself to Shearer being Freds last throw of the dice, if and when he's ready.

This reminds me of when Joe Kinnear was Manager of the Year with Wimbledon.........

Great point in bold there.

Guest Nappy Rash

So we should aim for continuity now we have a mediocre manager (and that's being generous), not change if there is a possibility of getting a far better manager in? What kind of world do you live in?

Who is this far better Manager Brains?

Would it be the Manager who finished below Roeder last season?

Read my post, I dont have a problem changing if there is the opportunity to get a far better Manager in (not a flash in pan media darling or Championship Manager favourite like Paul Le Guen etc) his place.

If you want me to respond to you in the future, engage your brain and read  :idiot2:

My argument doesn't hold, so people with a different opinion must be either bairns who don't know what they're on about or w@nkers who always complain..