Allardyce to quit Bolton at end of season

Syrette

Roeder has brought in 6 players and one of them has improved the team, thats not a ratio that gives me confidence that he will spend well in the summer.

personally i think the way he's operating in the transfer market is to the benefit of the club as a whole - no manager has a 100% success record in transfers do they?

so far martins has been very good, sib has exceeded expectations and duff has been a disappointment (but is hardly to be written off at age 27)

rossi should have been used more (but then he was tied for quite a few games), bernard was/is a joke and gooch has not been as good as we'd hoped

all in all the 6 players he's brought in haven't damaged us too much have they?  he hasn't panic bought a 9.5m player yet has he?

i have to believe that roeder, and the club, have learned from their mistakes to this point and will take steps to rectify them this summer....

the alternative as i see it is another season of a new manager coming in and "assessing" the players we all know need to leave before then not being given the chance to change things round

if roeder doesn't act this summer then he's pulling the trigger on himself, simple as that....

Jesus. You WANT to let him bring more players like f****** Gooch into the club??

you TRUST a man who automatically plays Carr???

Roeder has been woeful, he'll learn f*** all because he thinks he was right, and he'll drag us down.

I'm more worried that he continually picks Parker.

You won't leave it will you. :lol: :cheesy:

;)

Sibierski?

Quit trying to be clever numbnuts, you're lacking the equipment.

Sibierski was free, not bought  :uglystupid2:

To quote "or took an ageing name on a payday" numbnuts.

Really if you are trying to point out people being stupid you really need to be a little less thick yourself.

Aye good on him, wasting the whole transfer window looking at Kuyt then he signs for Liverpool so we have to rush in players and end up with one good one. Next transfer window he sends the scouts out again (what they have been doing for the last few months I don't know!) and we end up getting Gooch on loan.

Well done Roeder, although you failed to improve the team at least you didn't blow loads of money on s***. Thats the true sign of a good manager! As long as you don't sign Luque's you have done alright!

Instead of trying to act clever (you're missing a vital organ for it for starters) why don't you just look at the facts.

He was looking at a replacement for Shearer (Kuyt) and someone to partner the pacey poacher (Owen), during this time, the pacey poacher gets injured, which means he now needs pace in his team and someone to partner Shola, hence the arrival of Oba to the detriment of Kuyt.

Not too many players have moved within our budget that even with the benefit of hindsight leave me gutted.

Campbell would have been nice mind you, but according to Shay he wouldnt come North anyway.

Kuyt was still getting scouted in mid August, Owen was injured at the World Cup, how long do things take to register with Roeder?

Things alladyce DOES have

- Tactics

- Ability to motivate players

- The will do anything to win

Things Roeder DOESNT have

- Tactics

He isnt the best out there, but he is certainly the best we could get

PS The reason he didnt sign before sourness was that when said he was unsure about signing, Shepherd then said he would send Shearer down to persuade him and he then said no. Sam couldnt work at a club where a single player had such and influence on the running of the club, something Gullit also said

I will always disagree with this. We have the ability to get most top line managers but not the will.

I think the point he's trying to make is Shepherd's list will more than likely consist of British managers only.

Roeder has brought in 6 players and one of them has improved the team, thats not a ratio that gives me confidence that he will spend well in the summer.

He'll sign the players he wants to sign from those available who want to move to Newcastle and who the club can afford in the present situation. I've no doubt he'll fail in your eyes though because he probably won't sign who you want him to sign.

He will also try and win games with the tactics he chooses, so if he doesn't win them he isn't wrong he just has chosen the tactics someone else would have?

Against AZ the mjority of people knew we were going to fuck it up as soon as we read the comments about us "not needing to score". Was Roeder wrong or was it just a case of him not doing what everyone else thought he should?

Things alladyce DOES have

- Tactics

Things Roeder DOESNT have

- Tactics

He isnt the best out there, but he is certainly the best we could get

PS The reason he didnt sign before sourness was that when said he was unsure about signing, Shepherd then said he would send Shearer down to persuade him and he then said no. Sam couldnt work at a club where a single player had such and influence on the running of the club, something Gullit also said

I will always disagree with this. We have the ability to get most top line managers but not the will.

I think the point he's trying to make is Shepherd's list will more than likely consist of British managers only.

That might already have changed. :D

Guest magpies_rawk

would have big sam anytime of the day. however, this debate may be pointless because judging from the sounds coming out from the management, roedent's staying seems to be an established fact. Besides, the ready excuse of injuries would be used as an infallible shield against judging roeder's abilities as he is always quick to point out.

Aye good on him, wasting the whole transfer window looking at Kuyt then he signs for Liverpool so we have to rush in players and end up with one good one. Next transfer window he sends the scouts out again (what they have been doing for the last few months I don't know!) and we end up getting Gooch on loan.

Well done Roeder, although you failed to improve the team at least you didn't blow loads of money on s***. Thats the true sign of a good manager! As long as you don't sign Luque's you have done alright!

Instead of trying to act clever (you're missing a vital organ for it for starters) why don't you just look at the facts.

He was looking at a replacement for Shearer (Kuyt) and someone to partner the pacey poacher (Owen), during this time, the pacey poacher gets injured, which means he now needs pace in his team and someone to partner Shola, hence the arrival of Oba to the detriment of Kuyt.

Not too many players have moved within our budget that even with the benefit of hindsight leave me gutted.

Campbell would have been nice mind you, but according to Shay he wouldnt come North anyway.

Kuyt was still getting scouted in mid August, Owen was injured at the World Cup, how long do things take to register with Roeder?

Exactly :lol:

Guest triggy99

He'll sign the players he wants to sign from those available who want to move to Newcastle and who the club can afford in the present situation. I've no doubt he'll fail in your eyes though because he probably won't sign who you want him to sign.

He will also try and win games with the tactics he chooses, so if he doesn't win them he isn't wrong he just has chosen the tactics someone else would have?

Against AZ the mjority of people knew we were going to f*** it up as soon as we read the comments about us "not needing to score". Was Roeder wrong or was it just a case of him not doing what everyone else thought he should?

id say he has brought 2 in that have improved the team; duff and martins

Against AZ the mjority of people knew we were going to f*** it up as soon as we read the comments about us "not needing to score". Was Roeder wrong or was it just a case of him not doing what everyone else thought he should?

Duff has been shit and pushed N'Zogbia now the pecking order.

Geordie B

If Roeder doesnt have any tactical nous, explain his record against the top 4 this season to me  :uglystupid2:

The players were self motivated meaning Roeder wasn't needed.  When he is needed to motivate the players he fails.

Guest Nappy Rash

Really if you are trying to point out people being stupid you really need to be a little less thick yourself.

To quote:

but what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

So you think Sibierski is an ageing "name" on a last pay day  mackems.gif :uglystupid2:

You're consistent I'll give you that, like a rabid dog chasing a stick and everytime putting your gums on the end with shit on it  ;D

Mick

By August he had turned his attentions to Martins, the media were still linking us and saying we wouldnt rule out a move etc if I recall.

He made the right decision for me.

To quote:

but what Im glad he hasnt done is bought a body for the sake of it or took an ageing name on a last pay day.

So you think Sibierski is an ageing "name" on a last pay day  mackems.gif :uglystupid2:

You're consistent I'll give you that, like a rabid dog chasing a stick and everytime putting your gums on the end with shit on it  ;D

Mick

By August he had turned his attentions to Martins, the media were still linking us and saying we wouldnt rule out a move etc if I recall.

Sorry you are correct, he didn't even get a player who used to be class in. He just bought in an ageing player! Well done Roeder.

You really do make yourself come across even more stupid with every post so I suppose you deserve a well done too  :clap:

Guest triggy99

Duff has been s*** and pushed N'Zogbia now the pecking order.

when we got duff he was better than what we had, hes just had a poor season this season but you cant really say many of our players have had a good season

personally i think the way he's operating in the transfer market is to the benefit of the club as a whole - no manager has a 100% success record in transfers do they?

so far martins has been very good, sib has exceeded expectations and duff has been a disappointment (but is hardly to be written off at age 27)

rossi should have been used more (but then he was tied for quite a few games), bernard was/is a joke and gooch has not been as good as we'd hoped

all in all the 6 players he's brought in haven't damaged us too much have they?  he hasn't panic bought a 9.5m player yet has he?

i have to believe that roeder, and the club, have learned from their mistakes to this point and will take steps to rectify them this summer....

the alternative as i see it is another season of a new manager coming in and "assessing" the players we all know need to leave before then not being given the chance to change things round

if roeder doesn't act this summer then he's pulling the trigger on himself, simple as that....

Jesus. You WANT to let him bring more players like f****** Gooch into the club??

Roeder has been woeful, he'll learn f*** all because he thinks he was right, and he'll drag us down.

man, the point is he didn't blow 2m on gooch, he loaned him and he's been proven to not be what we need

now we have 2m more to spend on the person we do need in that position, whoever it might be

the point i made stands, if he doesn't act then he's commited suicide, if he does and blows then we'll know, if he isn't allowed to act (or hasn't been to this date) the we'll never know

;)

Well, that's because I am REALLY worried about it. I'd select Carr at fullback ahead of Parker in midfield, for example. I'd select Ameobi up front as a striker ahead of Parker in midfield as another example. Both of these players are slated but both do better at their role than Parker does at his.

In my opinion Parker has a negative impact on the entire team play and it really pisses me off that Roeder picks him every time he's fit. The thought he may even want to build a team around such a s*** player is mind numbing.

I don't think Roeder is very good, but I don't think "just anybody" would do a better job and the circumstances have to be taken into account. As I've said before, a so-called "top" manager will expect and demand a certain level of financial backing in the transfer market, backing that the present Board has always given imo, just looking at the money spent will tell you that. However, it could well be that sufficient cash is just not there following the Souness debacle, I suspect it is going to take another a couple of years to get over the money wasted by that clown on the likes of Parker, Emre, Boumsong, Luque etc.

We need to consolidate first ( I think we're doing that now ) and then show we are moving forward next season so that when the financial clout is there the club can attract a better quality manager at that time. After saying that, if the right level of cash is there right now I'd get rid of Roeder and bring a better man in. Who that is, I don't know, but I don't like Allardyce, that's for sure. He's hyped up in the same way O'Neill is hyped, both of whom have a track record no better than Souness. Neither would be the right man imo.

Guest Nappy Rash

The players were self motivated meaning Roeder wasn't needed.  When he is needed to motivate the players he fails.

So when we do well against the top 4, its down to the players.

When the players dont play against the bottom 4, its because Roeder cant motivate them and he's tactically inept.  mackems.gif

Fuckin hell, truly unbelievable.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

If you look hard enough for an excuse you'll always find one, no matter how fuckin ludicrous  :uglystupid2:

Duff has been s*** and pushed N'Zogbia now the pecking order.

when we got duff he was better than what we had, hes just had a poor season this season but you cant really say many of our players have had a good season

N'Zogbia was better last season than Duff has been for a while.

To quote:

You're consistent I'll give you that, like a rabid dog chasing a stick and everytime putting your gums on the end with s*** on it  ;D

Mick

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_method=full%26objectid=17564827%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest Nappy Rash

Nice one Mick.

An article from Alan Oliver  mackems.gif

In which he claims we've gone cool on our current number 9  mackems.gif

You should have just doused yourself in petrol and lit the match  :coolsmiley:

Like I said in August Roeder was singing Oba's praises whilst the media were saying we werent ruling Kuyt out.

He made the right decision for me (part 2)  8)

;)

Well, that's because I am REALLY worried about it. I'd select Carr at fullback ahead of Parker in midfield, for example. I'd select Ameobi up front as a striker ahead of Parker in midfield as another example. Both of these players are slated but both do better at their role than Parker does at his.

In my opinion Parker has a negative impact on the entire team play and it really pisses me off that Roeder picks him every time he's fit. The thought he may even want to build a team around such a s*** player is mind numbing.

I don't think Roeder is very good, but I don't think "just anybody" would do a better job and the circumstances have to be taken into account. As I've said before, a so-called "top" manager will expect and demand a certain level of financial backing in the transfer market, backing that the present Board has always given imo, just looking at the money spent will tell you that. However, it could well be that sufficient cash is just not there following the Souness debacle, I suspet it is going to take another a couple of years to get over the money wasted by that clown on the likes of Parker, Emre, Boumsong, Luque etc.

We need to consolidate first ( I think we're doing that now ) and then show we are moving forward next season so that when the financial clout is there the club can attract a better quality manager at that time. After saying that, if the right level of cash is there right now I'd get rid of Roeder and bring a better man in. Who that is, I don't know, but I don't like Allardyce, that's for sure. He's hyped up in the same way O'Neill is hyped, both of whom have a track record no better than Souness. Neither would be the right man imo.

totally agree with the last part of this, i said earlier on that i just don't see anything in allardyce that leads me to think he'd fit in at SJP and it was taken to mean roeder is better than him

i totally agree with the financial side of what you say - i'm not entirely convinced that roeder has been allowed to do what he'd like and while i'd like to hear the truth i can understand the club not wanting to advertise our problems

while you can't say we're improving leaps and bounds we're steadily losing some of the overpaid tripe, getting owen fit again, blooding some more of the youngsters, and looking to bring in better players more commited to the cause

so if we have some money to spend and the chance to get a class manager then go for it, until then we should look to see what a little continuity might do for us

So when we do well against the top 4, its down to the players.

When the players dont play against the bottom 4, its because Roeder cant motivate them and he's tactically inept.  mackems.gif

Fuckin hell, truly unbelievable.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

If you look hard enough for an excuse you'll always find one, no matter how fuckin ludicrous  :uglystupid2:

So do you think he had the players motivated when we played Birmingham at home?  Were they motivated against Sheffield United at home?  The list could go on and on, what do you put these performances down to?

Were these players motivated against Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal?

Had Roeder been saying that he wants players who are self-motivated?

Nice one Mick.

An article from Alan Oliver  mackems.gif

In which he claims we've gone cool on our current number 9  mackems.gif

You should have just doused yourself in petrol and lit the match  :coolsmiley:

Like I said in August Roeder was singing Oba's praises whilst the media were saying we werent ruling Kuyt out.

He made the right decision for me (part 2)  8)

:)