Allardyce or Roeder who would you choose?

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

After the recent article with Sam Allardye saying he is going to quit in the summer, there will certainly be specualtion linking him to us. So i am wondering who you lot would choose.

Personally i would stick with Roeder as i have said in many previous threads for at least another season. He has had a lot to deal with in terms of injury and i know that has been used on many occasions, but there really is no denying that fucked up our season as we only had 1 fit striker until January and at certain stages in the season we had as many as 15 players out injured. Sam Allardyce is no doubt the more motivational manager, but as someone said in the other thread about this there are surely reasons as to why he quit which could make him unsuitable for the placement and if him and FS had talks when Souness was sacked why didn't we sign him? There could of been a confilct of views which could still be there so it wouldn't all be plain sailing. It seems to me like there is going to be a huge overhaul in the summer and i wasnt to see what GR can do, he has already brought in Martins for 10M, in comparison to Graeme Souness who bought Luque for 10M it seems to me like GR has shown more competence in the transfer window than an established manager like Sounees had. Also to bring in Duff for a mere 5M i think other than the top 4 any club would be rejoicing with the buy of him and younca't say we didn't need LM as we only had N'zogbia as an out and out left mid. Will Allardyce be ab;e to cope with having a big bugdet after 8 years with hardly anything to spend? I'm not so sure. One last thing on the transfer side when you have players like Harper saying that we will definetely be getting rid of 6 players in the summer shows GR intentions to really do something with this club.

So in conclusion let's keep GR for another season and see what he can do.

Roeder, you can't judge the guy on one season, especially one where he has had the worst injury crisis in Premiership history.

WE'd be right bakc where we were last summer if we brough in Allardyce.

Roeder, you can't judge the guy on one season, especially one where he has had the worst injury crisis in Premiership history.

We had a quality manager last summer?

Guest nufc 4 life

agree with the fact that you can't judge someone in a season and you need to build form the ground up now getting in an new manager will break everything up yet again.

You don't need to judge Roeder on one season, look what he did in previous jobs, anyway, we're told we can't judge him on one season yet he was given the job on the back of a few games, its laughable.

agree with the fact that you can't judge someone in a season and you need to build form the ground up now getting in an new manager will break everything up yet again.

and you think we're actually further "built" than when Roeder came in?

Guest nufc 4 life

You don't need to judge Roeder on one season, look what he did in previous jobs, anyway, we're told we can't judge him on one season yet he was given the job on the back of a few games, its laughable.

you seem to forget that GR transformed our last season fro mid-table place to an intertoto club place, he then took us to the Uefa Cup last 16 and kept us out of the relegation zone, with the injury list that we have had that is some achievement

What exactly would be broken up?

A story in todays Journal says 6 players are going out and 8 coming in, that's hardly stability, its the result of two transfer windows being wasted and a manager in panic mode.

I'm not going to go look it up but I'm sure their are a couple of Premiership who have had terrible times at other clubs.

Also the way I see it adding to the team Owen will add a minimum of 10 pionts over the season, which would have made us UEFA Cup this team this term.

you seem to forget that GR transformed our last season fro mid-table place to an intertoto club place, he then took us to the Uefa Cup last 16 and kept us out of the relegation zone, with the injury list that we have had that is some achievement

When we got to the last 16 he completely fucked it up, plus if he knew how to work in a transfer window our season wouldn't have been ruined as much by the injuries.

Guest nufc 4 life

not at the moment, but from the news i have read it seems to me like we will be getting rid of at least 6 players and bringing in 7 or 8 new faces this is exactly what this club needs to get rid of the dead-wood and really revamp the squad, providing FS provides the fund this could really work for us.

not at the moment, but from the news i have read it seems to me like we will be getting rid of at least 6 players and bringing in 7 or 8 new faces this is exactly what this club needs to get rid of the dead-wood and really revamp the squad, providing FS provides the fund this could really work for us.

Would much rather have Allardyce bringing in those 7 or 8 new faces.

yeah, so if we're not built yet then why not get Allardyce to do it instead of Rat Boy?

Guest nufc 4 life

To add to my previous post, FS has always backed his mangers in transfer windows lets hope he will do it again the signs are definetely pointing that way

To add to my previous post, FS has always backed his mangers in transfer windows lets hope he will do it again the signs are definetely pointing that way

Roeder has already brought in 6 players, ONE has improved the team.

Roeder has already brought in 6 players, ONE has improved the team.

i think its Bernard.

Its no good backing the wrong manager, thats why we're in the shit now, he backed Souness.

GR has proven he can spend the money he has well as previously said martins and duff

One player was a success, Duff has so far been a waste of £5m. Well done Roeder you have proved a lot!

When we got to the last 16 he completely f***** it up, plus if he knew how to work in a transfer window our season wouldn't have been ruined as much by the injuries.

That was my answer.  :D

GR has proven he can spend the money he has well as previously said martins and duff

Duff wasn't money well spent though was it?  We haven't had £5 million plus his wages worth of football out of him.