What needs to change at St. James!!!

Guest Jonny4Toon

So you think people watching on TV have an impact on how the team plays?  :cheesy:

Is that what I have said?

Why is it easier to to ask stupid questions than actually read what the person you are trying to debate with has written, is it in the terms and conditions I didnt read or something  :uglystupid2:

I think you're a bit mixed up, read your post again.

You've since said that the Sky fans who go are not the ones you're on about, the ones watching now have no effect on our performances.

In that case how will the team be able to perform without a crisis every other week?

I think we need a new chairman, board, manager and coaches/physios/scouts.  And we need to get a better youth system, maybe learn from ajax, psv, boca juniors, liverpool, man utd,bayern munich and etc.   If we have a great youth system, we dont have to put our faith in "big name" signings. Then we could have more to pick from, and wouldnt go around with only a first team 11.

I say, lets get in a good manager, which the club and the fans approve. Lets get in a Director Of Football, so the manager can concentrate on the football and not lots of other stuff.  Then we should give him time to build up his own team, and get rid of the over paid injury-prone/lazy players. Get the wage bill down all over, and get a fine mixture of talented and experienced players.

We need to get the next Scholes, Terry(might be taylor), or Gerrard. And those players love thei club, and will do everything the can to win something at their clubs. The only way I can see us getting such quality players with the hearth in our club, is if we get them out of our own youth system.  We need to find star players at very young age, and build out our scouting network in Europe, south america and asia. Have connections which can inform us when they see great players, so we can buy them at a cheap price.  If you all see at the top 4, they all have "home grown" players who is central in the team, and they also have a great scouting network.  Maybe its time to learn something from them? :rolleyes:

All good stuff in principle but fucking difficult to do in practice.......

Guest Nappy Rash

You've since said that the Sky fans who go are not the ones you're on about, the ones watching now have no effect on our performances.

In that case how will the team be able to perform without a crisis every other week?

You're now telling me to re-read my own post and you are telling me what I've said  mackems.gif

I give in  :rolleyes:

You're now telling me to re-read my own post and you are telling me what I've said  mackems.gif

I give in  :rolleyes:

:lol:

I think we need a new chairman, board, manager and coaches/physios/scouts.  And we need to get a better youth system, maybe learn from ajax, psv, boca juniors, liverpool, man utd,bayern munich and etc.   If we have a great youth system, we dont have to put our faith in "big name" signings. Then we could have more to pick from, and wouldnt go around with only a first team 11.

I say, lets get in a good manager, which the club and the fans approve. Lets get in a Director Of Football, so the manager can concentrate on the football and not lots of other stuff.  Then we should give him time to build up his own team, and get rid of the over paid injury-prone/lazy players. Get the wage bill down all over, and get a fine mixture of talented and experienced players.

We need to get the next Scholes, Terry(might be taylor), or Gerrard. And those players love thei club, and will do everything the can to win something at their clubs. The only way I can see us getting such quality players with the hearth in our club, is if we get them out of our own youth system.  We need to find star players at very young age, and build out our scouting network in Europe, south america and asia. Have connections which can inform us when they see great players, so we can buy them at a cheap price.  If you all see at the top 4, they all have "home grown" players who is central in the team, and they also have a great scouting network.  Maybe its time to learn something from them? :rolleyes:

All good stuff in principle but f****** difficult to do in practice.......

Yes it is, but we have to start somewere... and we aint... :(

I'd say about 6 new players, obviosuly of a certain quality* and a new manager.

*The quality, on average, in our squad is of a pretty high standard anyway, we've just got a numpty coaching set-up

* No, its not. We have:

1 great keeper, 1 passable one (Harper), 1 with potential (Krul)

2 decent defenders (Nobby and Taylor), 6 shite (Moore, Ramage, Shambles, Carr, Babayaro, Gooch)

2 midfielders with potential to be very good (milner and the zog), 2 who are ok most of the time (Emre and Dyer), 1 who is poor (duff) and 1 who offers nowt (parker).

1 great striker (Owen, if he comes back ok), 1 past it journeyman (Le Sib), 2 shite (Ameobi and Luque).

No mention of Oba?

I'd say about 6 new players, obviosuly of a certain quality* and a new manager.

*The quality, on average, in our squad is of a pretty high standard anyway, we've just got a numpty coaching set-up

* No, its not. We have:

1 great keeper, 1 passable one (Harper), 1 with potential (Krul)

2 decent defenders (Nobby and Taylor), 6 shite (Moore, Ramage, Shambles, Carr, Babayaro, Gooch)

2 midfielders with potential to be very good (milner and the zog), 2 who are ok most of the time (Emre and Dyer), 1 who is poor (duff) and 1 who offers nowt (parker).

1 great striker (Owen, if he comes back ok), 1 past it journeyman (Le Sib), 2 shite (Ameobi and Luque).

No mention of Oba?

I did wonder the same myself...

Guest Jonny4Toon

We need to change:

CHAIRMAN, BOARD, MANAGER, COACHES AND SCOUTS. Out go: Srnicek, Bramble, Onyewu, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Bernard, Emre, Luque, Dyer and Sibierski. In come the PPP's - Proven Premiership Players. Concentrate more on the players who want to play i.e. the rest of the squad bar the players you've just seen! Give youth players a chance in the League Cup and F.A. Cup! And again learn from teams like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man. Utd - bring in the latest youth talents and prospects like we have in Krul, N'Zogbia and Milner!!!

We need to change:

CHAIRMAN, BOARD, MANAGER, COACHES AND SCOUTS. Out go: Srnicek, Bramble, Onyewu, Carr, Babayaro, Moore, Bernard, Emre, Luque, Dyer and Sibierski. In come the PPP's - Proven Premiership Players. Concentrate more on the players who want to play i.e. the rest of the squad bar the players you've just seen! Give youth players a chance in the League Cup and F.A. Cup! And again learn from teams like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man. Utd - bring in the latest youth talents and prospects like we have in Krul, N'Zogbia and Milner!!!

good post !!!