"Fat" Pat Strikes Again...

Rich

from NUFC.com:

Former Newcastle striker Patrick Kluivert has been hit with an undisclosed fine after moaning about his coach Ronald Koeman's tactics.

Now at PSV Eindhoven, his annoyance stems from Koeman preferring to bring a 17 year-old rookie off the bench last weekend against Utrecht, rather than fellow substitute Kluivert.

PK said:

"That substitution was ridiculous. It was sad. You should bring on a youngster like that when you're 2-0 or 3-0 up, but not when the championship is at stake. It's as if I can't play any more or have never performed ... It's beginning to get embarrassing."

While Koeman countered,

"Kluivert's words were a knife in the back for a trainer - especially a trainer who stuck his neck out to bring Patrick Kluivert to PSV."

Where's that G-HoeberX fellow these days, anyway? Been a bit quiet since his idol's appalling season at the Philipsstadion (3 goals in 6 starts and 13 substitute appearances.) One scored against Ajax in a 5-1 loss, the other two against the might of ADO Den Haag and SC Heracles Almelo. I quite liked the chubby bugger when he was here, but I have to say it's great to see him doing so badly after all the verbal-wanking he had off our Dutch WUM on here - although Hoeber was a bit of a legend in his own right.

Best WUM ever. FACT!

Don't blame him, to be honest. I think Koeman is a good manager but his tactics, especially against Liverpool, were absolutely awful. I also believe PSV surrendered a long lead at the top of the table. Now it's all level between 3 teams with one game to go. It seems like PSV have blown it big time.

It seems like PSV have blown it big time.

Won the title by 1 goal on GD  ;D

That goal Kluivert got against Ajax turned out to be the one that made all the difference. :lol:

That goal Kluivert got against Ajax turned out to be the one that made all the difference. :lol:

Single handedly won them the league.

That's must be pretty cool though as a player.  You are champions knowing every single goal you scored or didn't concede made a big difference.

26-year old Afonso Alves enjoyed a good first season at Heerenveen

Apps Goals

Eredivisie  31  34 

UEFA Cup 6 3

KNVB-beker 1 0

Total 38 37 2

Two yellow cards in the UEFA cup, none in the league. Think he scored around 12 goals more than Klaas Jan Huntelaar in the league...

Rumours has it Chelsea been scouting him. If I'm not completely mistaken, Heerenveen paid just over £3m for him a year ago.

Whilst playing for Örgryte and Malmö in Sweden, he always looked like a class act. That said, people in Sweden rated Tobias Hysén, who currently plays for the mackems, as one of the top players in the Swedish domestic league before joining Keane & Co. Hysén (Yes, son of former L'pool player Glenn) is a player who would struggle to get past Bramble...

Anyhow, what do you reckon about Alves? Would he make it in the premiership. Not exactly a gamble we could afford, but it's not impossible he ends up in England. Scored more goals than Ronaldo did in his first season in the Netherlands. RvN flipped, Kezman flopped. Alves would?

Don't know about Alvez, but Kluivert's been anonymous this season over here.

Still with three sides all going into the last day on the same points I reckon next season could be amazing in the eriedivisie, after going through that all the players from those sides will never believe a game is meaningless, you won't see them going 2-0 up and cruising or 3-0 down and packing in...