Stunning Predictions

NE5

have you ever made one ?

I said to a lad at work - a Leeds supporter - when O'Leary and Ridsdale etc were running the club, that they were overspending, and a poxy little club like them should stop or they will come a cropper.

He said something like "bollocks".

Best prediction I made was Metz away in the UEFA cup. A mate in class turned around and asked me what I thought the score would be... "think it'll be 1-1... Beardsley with a penalty".

The best prediction I ever saw was when we were 1-2 against Reading, and someone wrote a prayer asking for a 3-2 win with goals from Martins and Emre.

That was my Chrimbo wish, should have wished for a better season, tbh.  :D 

Still, the short term result of that tasted pretty sweet. 

I remember one particularly stunning prediction...

When we were in the First Division under Keegan, we were absolutely hammering anyone and everyone - 4,5,6 - no-one was safe. I was convinced that we were going to put 10 past someone, and the day we played Wimbledon at Maine Road, I happily announced to everyone around me that today was the day. 10-0.

We got beat 4-0. :laugh:

Guest Kenton Magpie

I said to the nut case next to me at blackburn that we would turn them over 3-1 with a late goal from Oba

Every single pen save and miss in the Milan & Liverpool CL final.

I was like a machine, every single one right, two Liverpool fans bought me a few pints afterwards for my stunning predictions.

I predicted Martins and Duff to score in a 2-0 win away at West Ham earlier this season, it was in my pre-matchreport on a swedish website. Before 03/04 I said we would sign Kluivert and Carr within two seasons.

On the other hand I had Everton going down when they finished fourth a couple of seasons ago..

The night before the Spurs game last season, I put a bet on that we'd win 3-1. Stook a fiver on at odds of 28/1 or something and got slated off everyone around me saying we'd get turned over.

30 minutes into the game we were winning 3-1. Gotta say, the longest hour of my life  :lol: but it was worth it - came out with £140