Bellamy to Leave Reds

Guest designer7
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

there is absolutely no way martins is anything other than a goalscorer. you don't have to be alan shearer to be a goalscorer you know, there are different types of goalscorers. martins is a ver powerful player. and he will score lots of goals next season using his powerful shots. bellamy is a link up striker, and one of the best in the league. its stupid to compare the two.

and for the record regarding whoever said it, you can't force a link up striker to be a goalscorer, in the same way we tried to force luque to be a goalscorer. its not possible. your either one or the other. Bellamy wouldn't become a 20 goal a season striker if we/liverpool suddenly started to employ him as one, because its not his game. In the same way Martins is a goalscorer, not a link up striker, and its insane to suggest he's the latter playing as the former. its like deciding to ask Shay given to be a peter schem.

:clap:

I agree with HTL like.  I don't see Martins as a supporting striker in the Bellamy mould or a Beardsley type.  None of this really matters though as when it comes down to it, we will be playing with Owen and Martins up front, and with the way we play football at NUFC, there are two roles available - namely, the midget who tries to win headers from our long punts upfield, and the midget who doesn't.  Owen will be the midget who doesn't.

Although unsual, you are correct.

:sick bag:

:lol: There's no way Martins is anything other than a goalscorer in my opinion. That's not to say him and Owen can't play togther (although I have my doubts) as two goalscorers can play together and do well. They could be a bit similar though. I see Martins as an instinctive striker but he's lacking both the touch and the vision to be a support striker from what I've seen.

But you can't possibly have seen enough of him to make that judgement because of the s**** around him, like Duff and Parka. Plus he's had nobody to support.

Perhaps if we had a better LB?

Guest graemeh72

On paper you'd think that Cole & Yorke would never work, but it did...

Martins and Owen - well we'll have a better idea by bedtime of whether it will work.

My main reservation is that neither of them play with back to goal - which might be ok at St James, but not on the road.

Oba for all his strengths isn't great at holding the ball up, and although Owen can do it - I wouldn't like to see him have to do it.

Mind you the pair of them are so fast, that defences won't be able to push up much as they'll get done for pace

... interesting!

I agree with HTL like.  I don't see Martins as a supporting striker in the Bellamy mould or a Beardsley type.  None of this really matters though as when it comes down to it, we will be playing with Owen and Martins up front, and with the way we play football at NUFC, there are two roles available - namely, the midget who tries to win headers from our long punts upfield, and the midget who doesn't.  Owen will be the midget who doesn't.

:lol: There's no way Martins is anything other than a goalscorer in my opinion. That's not to say him and Owen can't play togther (although I have my doubts) as two goalscorers can play together and do well. They could be a bit similar though. I see Martins as an instinctive striker but he's lacking both the touch and the vision to be a support striker from what I've seen.

But you can't possibly have seen enough of him to make that judgement because of the s**** around him, like Duff and Parka. Plus he's had nobody to support.

A quality left back would actually improve us in attack aswell as defence but its no suprise you fail to see this.

On paper you'd think that Cole & Yorke would never work, but it did...

Martins and Owen - well we'll have a better idea by bedtime of whether it will work.

My main reservation is that neither of them play with back to goal - which might be ok at St James, but not on the road.

Oba for all his strengths isn't great at holding the ball up, and although Owen can do it - I wouldn't like to see him have to do it.

Mind you the pair of them are so fast, that defences won't be able to push up much as they'll get done for pace

... interesting!

Mentioning pace gets me back to an old worry....Parka and his fucking ballerina act. Let's put Dyer, Owen, Martins and Zog all in the same team and with Parker in the centre what's the betting for a LOT of offsides.

A quality left back would actually improve us in attack aswell as defence but its no suprise you fail to see this.

Aye, it wouldn't make Martins a support striker though :)

Can't imagine what makes you think I don't see this, especially as I'm always thinking of the TEAM rather than your limited approach of the INDIVIDUAL.

Yes that LB would have got us so many points this season, cant see why i havent seen that before! Much more than a creative mid or another attacker. :razz:

Can't imagine what makes you think I don't see this, especially as I'm always thinking of the TEAM rather than your limited approach of the INDIVIDUAL.

Point out this "limited approach" go on give me an example?

In regards to Martins I would also like someone to show me where I said he was one? I said it was maybe a bit harsh to judge this season given the fact he hasn't had anyone to support and thats about it. But then HTL does his usual "you said x, y and z" and suddenly I have called the lad the next Beardsley!

Guest graemeh72

Err ...Its really obvious that a left back would helped us get better results than another winger or attacker...

Yes that LB would have got us so many points this season, cant see why i havent seen that before! Much more than a creative mid or another attacker. :razz:

So a quality left back wouldn't have improved us this season? Did you watch the AZ game?

So a quality left back wouldn't have improved us this season? Did you watch the AZ game?

I thought you blamed Roeder for the AZ game. Make your mind up Jon, more positions than a woman (that shouldnt surprise me tbh).

Your question is leading, the answer is yes. How many extra points do you reckon a LB (not as good as Bridge) would have got us this season?

Err ...Its really obvious that a left back would helped us get better results than another winger or attacker...

Fuck me that is really stupid. So we havent missed Owen and Ameobi, just the signing of a LB? Jesus wept.

I thought you blamed Roeder for the AZ game. Make your mind up Jon, more positions than a woman (that shouldnt surprise me tbh).

Your question is leading, the answer is yes. How many extra points do you reckon a LB (not as good as Bridge) would have got us this season?

Well Roeder is the manager who deals with the transfers and picks the team. Surely he is at the end of the day at fault for us not having a quality left back and putting Huntington out there which cost us the game. How is that me changing my mind? Really is it THAT hard?

Point out this "limited approach" go on give me an example?

In regards to Martins I would also like someone to show me where I said he was one? I said it was maybe a bit harsh to judge this season given the fact he hasn't had anyone to support and thats about it. But then HTL does his usual "you said x, y and z" and suddenly I have called the lad the next Beardsley!

Your insistence that LB should be the top priority despite the goals scored column is a cracking example. You don't like Babayaro and see him as a weak link so you believe a LB should be number 1 on the shopping list. Well, you're wrong, imo. There are weaker areas of the team that need to be addressed first.

Now give me an example of this x, y and z that you're going on about, as you try to worm your way out of yet another mess you've got yourself into by posting nonsense. ;) Who said that you said that Martins was Beardsley? Nobody said that. Are you making something up again, pet? :)

Well Roeder is the manager who deals with the transfers and picks the team. Surely he is at the end of the day at fault for us not having a quality left back and putting Huntington out there which cost us the game. How is that me changing my mind? Really is it THAT hard?

So now its Hunty's fault or the fault of not getting another LB. Not the tactical ineptity that you went on about on here the next day. Dont make me quote you...  :lol:

Guest graemeh72

f*** me that is really stupid. So we havent missed Owen and Ameobi, just the signing of a LB? Jesus wept.

I didn't say that we haven't missed Owen and Ameobi

but I do think that with a fit & able left back we would have picked up more points than buying another striker.

f*** me that is really stupid. So we havent missed Owen and Ameobi, just the signing of a LB? Jesus wept.

I thought he was being sarcastic until I saw his next post but it looks like he believes it.

Thought I'd add that nobody said we needed another winger, a striker and a creative CM should come before a LB. We already had Duff and Zog, so why would we need another winger when it was sorted by having a good quality experienced player and a young lad with a lot of potential.

So now its Hunty's fault or the fault of not getting another LB. Not the tactical ineptity that you went on about on here the next day. Dont make me quote you...  :lol:

Quote me if you like because you are talking shit. We lost the game because we sat back (shit decision by Roeder) and the fact that we didn't have a quality left back we got exposed and lost the game. Can you not see further than "its either Roeder OR...." ? I had you done as someone who is more intelligent.

No, it's nothing to do with the team playing shit on the day, or as an individual Huntington being found out as a young player being used out of position due to an injury crisis. It's actually Fred's fault for appointing Roeder in the first place. What a shame we appointed Roeder and qualified for Europe rather than getting relegated under Souness. We wouldn't have been stuffed by AZ then.