So, Big Sam Takes The Toon Job

Crumpy Gunt

Swapping one very good goalkeeper for another one? I'd suspect he was doing it for the sake of it, building a cabal of players he has worked with before.

We wouldn't stand for that at our place. Oh, hang on a minute .....

I'd be seriously annoyed tbh, what would be the point.

We have on our books, arguably, the best goalkeeper ever to have played for Newcastle - one of the most professional and heroic members of the squad, who is possibly just about to hit his peak.

... For someone who is, granted, a good keeper - but is certainly not as good and a year older.

Plus, it might indicate that Big Sam wasn't looking to the future - but clinging onto the past.

I wouldn't be happy.

Can't see why someone as savvy as Big Sam would even consider doing something like this............unless he would make about £4m or £5m by doing so. If he could, then I don't see the problem.

Given deserves better than NUFC if I'm being totally honest.  :blush:

So I should just give up hope for ever seeing a continental and successful manager take helm at Newcastle, then?

All the better.

(Not directed at you, mate, but I hope we don't get Allardyce. For the obvious reasons.)

Wouldnt be the best first things to although not the worst replacement.

Some might see it as a good sign that he is prepared to come and rip the team apart starting at the back - there has been the odd whispering comment from time to time (rare I know) that Given doesnt command his 6 yard box quite as he should??

i'm actually quite surprised that so many seem to think Jussi is in the same league as Shay

i'm not a massive Given fan but he's streets ahead of Jaskelinen

Jussi is a quality keeper.