Carlos Tevez - Sign him at any cost

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Looks like Tevez is now completely settled in the Premiership.

I'd say, that in terms of individual quality, he is up there with Zola, Bergkamp and Beardsley.

Combine a Bellamy like work ethic, determination and never say die attitude on the pitch with speed, magnetic dribbling ability, and an exceptional ability to hold the ball up and play killer passes INSIDE the oppositions penalty area, and you have the player that we have been crying out for since the days of Keegan.

I'd be happy not to sign anyone else if we signed Carlos Tevez.

He's just the player we need.

Someone with the ability, and desire, to drop deep and get on the ball and make us tick. Neither Owen nor Martins are that type of player, Tevez would improve the quality of football we play immeasureably.

Doubt we've even considered it though, sadly.

Why?

He is quality,but is he really what we want/need ?

People often refer to the fact that we are missing the engine of Bellamy, the ingenuity of Beardsley. Some people even miss the passing of Hugo Viana.

Sign Tevez, and we would miss none of them ever again.

I'd say, that in terms of individual quality, he is up there with Zola, Bergkamp and Beardsley.

Combine a Bellamy like work ethic, determination and never say die attitude on the pitch with speed, magnetic dribbling ability, and an exceptional ability to hold the ball up and play killer passes INSIDE the oppositions penalty area, and you have the player that we have been crying out for since the days of Keegan.

Please ...

Never even mention Bellamy again when talking about Tevez!

Greatest insult to Tevez EVER!!!

Tevez is brilliant, but would only make sense if Owen leaves for Man U.

We can't keep stockpiling midgets upfront.

We could play all three of Tevez, Owen and Martins in my opinion, dropping Emre out of the team. Parker could then revert to the everywhere in defense role that he had under Souness, which would allow him to stop the opposition breaking through central midfield.

Tevez would not only create chances for the other strikers, he'd bring our wingers into play, bring the ball into attacking positions on the ground.

Guest TheOrder

On crack tbh.

On crack tbh.

Why?

Obviously, we do need to replace our defence, but the reality is that with Tevez in the team, the ball would spend a lot less time in our half, and thus we will score more and concede less.

Assuming he becomes available, he is to good a player to pass up on even if it means not buying defenders. He would propel us to top 6, and then if we invested well in defence the following summer, we'd have a team that would be challenging for both league and cups.

We could play all three of Tevez, Owen and Martins in my opinion, dropping Emre out of the team. Parker could then revert to the everywhere in defense role that he had under Souness, which would allow him to stop the opposition breaking through central midfield.

Tevez would not only create chances for the other strikers, he'd bring our wingers into play, bring the ball into attacking positions on the ground.

This would be wasting Tevez though in my opinion. What he'd be so good at is dropping off from the front and giving an option to our midfielders, a player to build through.

Playing all three would mean Tevez would have to do a lot of work in midfield and play deeper in general, meaning he'd be doing his good work in the wrong places. Playing him up front, just off a partner, he can drag defenders out of position and get at the other team near their own box.

Tevez and a fully fit Owen would be a very good partnership in my opinion. I like Martins but with Owen sniffing round the goal and Tevez dropping off and linking with our wingers I think the chemistry would be very good, which I'm not sure it will be with Oba and Owen.

On crack tbh.

Why?

Obviously, we do need to replace our defence, but the reality is that with Tevez in the team, the ball would spend a lot less time in our half, and thus we will score more and concede less.

Assuming he becomes available, he is to good a player to pass up on even if it means not buying defenders. He would propel us to top 6, and then if we invested well in defence the following summer, we'd have a team that would be challenging for both league and cups.

What if he snapped his ankle in August?

Talk about putting your eggs in one basket! Would love him here but we need more than one player - as good as he is.

On crack tbh.

Why?

Dude ...

Seriously calm down! You are getting way too over excited here.

I think the vote should be changed

I would have a DL and a DC over Tevez anytime,but not Curtis Davis,he looks like the new Bramble tbh.

I'm trying to keep things realistic.

Carlos Tevez would inevitably lose if voters were allowed to pick defenders of their choice.

It'll be interesting to see how much he'll be available for in the summer.

"Any cost" is pushing it, but I'd love to sign him. Brilliant player.

For what its worth, I dont believe it will be for 'any cost.'

I'd suspect as long as we have our usual £15m to spend, we could afford Tevez in addition to two defenders and Sidwell.

I would have a DL and a DC over Tevez anytime,but not Curtis Davis,he looks like the new Bramble tbh.

Carlos Tevez would inevitably lose if voters were allowed to pick defenders of their choice.

He is losing anyway :)

Look mate,Its not that he is a bad player, i really admire Tevez and his abillty, before and even after he joined  West Ham

But the truth is,we don't need any more Midfield players or Strikers, what we need is clear : solid and consistent defenders

Unless of course we are going to sell the likes of Emre,Luque, N'Zogbia and buy Tevez with the money we got from them,that will be ok because we will still afford to buy Defenders

But If we are going to sign Tevez for lets say 20 million,and buy no one else, i can't see us going anywhere further, because even if he plays his heart out every game, a mistake from one of our defenders or something like that will cost us the game, he won't even have the chance to show his abillty because our team will be -as ever- on the back foot for a whole 90 mins.

It'll be interesting to see how much he'll be available for in the summer.

"Any cost" is pushing it, but I'd love to sign him. Brilliant player.

For what its worth, I dont believe it will be for 'any cost.'

I'd suspect as long as we have our usual £15m to spend, we could afford Tevez in addition to two defenders and Sidwell.

I doubt that, I think he'll go to one of the top 4 if West Ham go down, he'll not be cheap.

He is losing anyway :)

Look mate,Its not that he is a bad player, i really admire Tevez and his abillty, before and even after he joined  West Ham

But the truth is,we don't need any more Midfield players or Strikers, what we need is clear : solid and consistent defenders

Unless of course we are going to sell the likes of Emre,Luque, N'Zogbia and buy Tevez with the money we got from them,that will be ok because we will still afford to buy Defenders

But If we are going to sign Tevez for lets say 20 million,and buy no one else, i can't see us going anywhere further, because even if he plays his heart out every game, a mistake from one of our defenders or something like that will cost us the game, he won't even have the chance to show his abillty because our team will be -as ever- on the back foot for a whole 90 mins.

I completely disagree with the bits in bold,

A team with Tevez in it will not find itself on the backfoot, they will be on the front foot, as Tevez will significantly increase the time that the ball is inthe opposing half, not just when we've got the ball, but when they've got the ball to, due to his harrying.

Less time in our half means less mistakes. I think you are too young to truly remember the Keegan days - we played in their half, and it didn't matter how many we conceded against all but the top-3 teams, as we were bound to score more than them.

Signing Tevez would create a Keegan team.

The only reason not to go all out on Tevez would be the risk of injury, as midds has pointed out.

Guest TheOrder

I honestly think you've lost it mate

We may aswell sell Taylor and Given, we'll always be on the frontfoot. Why do we need these doorstoppers holding us back?

Absolutely brilliant player with undoubted world class, as far as i am concerned.

However, it's mad to even suggest it.

1, Every man and his dog across the entirety of Europe, aswell as South America n'all, are going to be after him.

2, Tevez and no one else? Oh aye - go into next season with a smaller squad than what we've had this. Sounds ace.

3, The budget needs concentrating largely on the defense, and signing Tevez would disintigrate the budget.

4, We're hardly short on strikers - there's plenty of quality in the striking department next season. Upfront IS NOT the problem.

5, To say he's 'finally settled' in the league is a bit early to say. He's shone in a shite West Ham team - he's possibly never destined to make it in this league. Not in this stint, anyway.

6, I still think Viduka on a free would be a far safer and appropriate option!

To name a few points...

Sounds nice - but nah. Shouldn't happen and won't happen. We'd never get close to signing him anyway.

Absolutely brilliant player with undoubted world class, as far as i am concerned.

However, it's mad to even suggest it.

1, Every man and his dog across the entirety of Europe, aswell as South America n'all, are going to be after him.

2, Tevez and no one else? Oh aye - go into next season with a smaller squad than what we've had this. Sounds ace.

3, The budget needs concentrating largely on the defense, and signing Tevez would disintigrate the budget.

4, We're hardly short on strikers - there's plenty of quality in the striking department next season. Upfront IS NOT the problem.

5, To say he's 'finally settled' in the league is a bit early to say. He's shone in a s**** West Ham team - he's possibly never destined to make it in this league. Not in this stint, anyway.

6, I still think Viduka on a free would be a far safer and appropriate option!

To name a few points...

Sounds nice - but nah. Shouldn't happen and won't happen. We'd never get close to signing him anyway.

You've got it spot-on there Yorkie.  I don't know about the Viduka option, though.  I think Shola could do the

same job as the pie lover.  Thought Shola looked brilliant for us tail end of last season and during the Toto run/early season. 

Hopefully his robo-hip will improve his movement. 

Viduka is on a free, however.  Would be good cover for our top 3.