Barnes, Sol Campbell, Sidwell, Thuram and Diakhate

Guest sicko2ndbest

so NOW we want Campbell. :D

If Roeder sticks to his stupid policy,you can rule out both Thuram and Campbell.

Barnes is decent, but i think we need some experince in the back rather then another youngster.

Never heard of this Diakhate fellow.

If Roeder sticks to his stupid policy,you can rule out both Thuram and Campbell.

Barnes is decent, but i think we need some experince in the back rather then another youngster.

Barnes is a midfielder/forward.

I thought he was more of a defenive midfielder then anything else..

Then again,i never really got a good look at him.

I thought he was more of a defenive midfielder then anything else..

Then again,i never really got a good look at him.

I would say more an attacking midfielder/striker :D

Signing a player you said was too old a year ago would prove how clueless Roeder is.

to be honest cambell would have heard that roeder thought he was too old and would not touch us anyway .if this storys true then roeder should learn to keep his mouth shut and what he says may come back to haunt him .

Signing a player you said was too old a year ago would prove how clueless Roeder is.

Roeder clearly saw sense in that situation and went for the younger option of one Olivier Bernard. Genius.

I doubt he would do anyway. I genuinely think Roeder is going to pursuit younger options - and even if he unsurprisingly fails and is short on players, it'll be too late to get the likes of Campbell, as i imagine someone like him will be snapped up pretty quickly.

Would love to see him here, though - without a doubt.

Not sure what Thuram's like at the moment... but 35 years of age? That's maybe a bit late to adapt to the Premier League.

I just don't reckon Roeder is after players like that.

Thuram would be useful just because he'd help the youngsters in the squad (Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and Edgar). That alone would be enough to justify his signing for me.

BANG ON!! Although I think Damage is beyond help.

After a quick read-up on Diakhate, seems as though he must be fairly highly rated - Bayern, Lyon, Juve, Shalke, etc - all after him alledgedly. He's 22, is 6 foot 2 and a full Senegalese international. Also, he was in Ligue 1's team of the season last year; and he must have kept up his form, having clocked up 37 appearances for Nancy this term - more than anyone else in the squad.

Hope the Bordeaux-Nancy scouting mission was fruitful!