The right man is now available Freddy, what do you do?

Guest Knightrider

Another good reason for bringing Allardyce, would be that he would bring in his own coaching staff and we could peddle all the clueless wasters at the club (Clark, Pearson, McDermott etc.)

And he would bring in some scouts.

And some decent medical staff.

Etc. etc.

Another good reason for bringing Allardyce, would be that he would bring in his own coaching staff and we could peddle all the clueless wasters at the club (Clark, Pearson, McDermott etc.)

Etc. etc.

His approach to the medical, training and coaching aspects, is the big reason for his success at Bolton and the biggest thing he would bring to Newcastle mate. Add to that the fact that Bolton have improved all the time he has been there, and he's a "stayer", which is also what we want.

He manages players who are hard to handle, and is good in front of the press. Two huge things for a manager of Newcastle as well. How many players do you see wanting to leave Bolton ? And a lot of them are temperamental players ? He is in charge, he is the boss.

Brian Clough he aint, but who is ? I think he is the man for us, 3 years too late though if he comes.

I'm not so sure I think Pearson is a waste of space mind, but McDermott certainly is.

Etc. etc.

His approach to the medical, training and coaching aspects, is the big reason for his success at Bolton and the biggest thing he would bring to Newcastle mate. Add to that the fact that Bolton have improved all the time he has been there, and he's a "stayer", which is also what we want.

He manages players who are hard to handle, and is good in front of the press. Two huge things for a manager of Newcastle as well. How many players do you see wanting to leave Bolton ? And a lot of them are temperamental players ? He is in charge, he is the boss.

Brian Clough he aint, but who is ? I think he is the man for us, 3 years too late though if he comes.

I'm not so sure I think Pearson is a waste of space mind, but McDermott certainly is.

Agree with all of that.

Etc. etc.

Well, blow me down, I completely agree with a post by NE5.

I don't think Freddy will rush into anything personally.  If he is considering Allardyce, I hope he's talking to him right now, with a view to taking over in the summer.  It won't do us any good imo if it looks like a knee jerk sacking.

Guest SLK

Etc. etc.

Most of Bolton players are ex-stars who have been on pension for a while and no other club would touch them...Why would they want to leave the only place and manager that would employ them ?

Guest SLK

You wouldn't take Anelka and Diouf if they were judged purely on footballing terms?

Only Anelka...I would take him regardless of his baggage...

Etc. etc.

i actually argued like a b@stard the other day against allardyce at all costs but have thought about it for a couple of days and this post sums up how i feel all things considered

scouting, new medical techniques, fitness regimes, the ability to see that kieron dyer should never captain anything other than the mary celeste, and as you rightly point out leadership are what we need bringing back to the club

i might not like the guy, and have reservations about him and the style of football he has played in the past, but i'm sold

get allardyce

bingo.

Etc. etc.

Most of Bolton players are ex-stars who have been on pension for a while and no other club would touch them...Why would they want to leave the only place and manager that would employ them ?

fair point in some cases ie Diouff and Anelka, to name 2. But they also play for him. Or appear to from a distance ie we don't watch them every week. Overall, he cuts an impressive figure and I would guess that the vast majority of his players have a lot of respect for him and his authority.

Etc. etc.

fair point in some cases ie Diouff and Anelka, to name 2. But they also play for him. Or appear to from a distance ie we don't watch them every week. Overall, he cuts an impressive figure and I would guess that the vast majority of his players have a lot of respect for him and his authority.

True

It's fear that's driven Man Utd to be constantly challenging for the title each year!

If players have a soft touch in charge, they end up thinking anything is acceptable

Sam is the only way forward, and if freddy misses the boat on this, i hope he gets the tripe kicked out of him!

Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but the fact that Shepherd sacked Kevin Bond for his alledged involvement in taking bungs along with Harry Redknapp, whilst at Portmouth would make Shepherd look pretty foolish for then employing a man whose name was much more heavily linked in accepting bungs. 

Coupled with the facts that we've approached Allardyce in the past and been turned down and sacking Roeder after Shepherd went through all that trouble with the LMA to get him employed in the 1st place including the following quote by Barnwell: "And as for keeping men out of work, I find it fairly ironic that you and Newcastle of all people are taking the moral high-ground of compassion and job security. Your past record for dismissals and termination of managers' contracts speaks for itself", suggests to me it isn't gonna happen.

As far as i'm concerned i'd love for Allardyce to be given the job but all in all it seems like a lose-lose situation for Freddy.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this yet but the fact that Shepherd sacked Kevin Bond for his alledged involvement in taking bungs along with Harry Redknapp, whilst at Portmouth would make Shepherd look pretty foolish for then employing a man whose name was much more heavily linked in accepting bungs. 

Coupled with the facts that we've approached Allardyce in the past and been turned down and sacking Roeder after Shepherd went through all that trouble with the LMA to get him employed in the 1st place including the following quote by Barnwell: "And as for keeping men out of work, I find it fairly ironic that you and Newcastle of all people are taking the moral high-ground of compassion and job security. Your past record for dismissals and termination of managers' contracts speaks for itself", suggests to me it isn't gonna happen.

Agreed, there are all sorts of factors that might put a damper on any speculation that Allardyce is a shoe-in, as I pointed out in the 'get inside freddy's head' thread.

As far as i'm concerned i'd love for Allardyce to be given the job but all in all it seems like a lose-lose situation for Freddy.

Huzzah! :lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Roeder is the right man to turn this Newcastle around. Any takers?

If you mean turn us around and take us back to the bad times then I agree.

I don't know; just repeating HTT's last major essay.

Will Sam Allardyce be as effective without Sammy Lee and no doubt quite a few other members of his Bolton backroom staff? Something that struck me the other day when Lee was announced as Bolton manager proper.

Often these guys are good in their own right, but are made to look the bees' knees by the people they have around them being the ideal foil for them in other departments of the managing game. Of course it depends on if Allardyce could take "his "staff with him, but he's certainly lost Sammy Lee - a coach with a massive reputation in the game. Has to be taken into account.

Will Sam Allardyce be as effective without Sammy Lee and no doubt quite a few other members of his Bolton backroom staff? Something that struck me the other day when Lee was announced as Bolton manager proper.

Often these guys are good in their own right, but are made to look the bees' knees by the people they have around them being the ideal foil for them in other departments of the managing game. Of course it depends on if Allardyce could take "his "staff with him, but he's certainly lost Sammy Lee - a coach with a massive reputation in the game. Has to be taken into account.

He was doing well before Sammy Lee came.

What about the rest of them, then?

I understand that he's the main man and quite probably the glue that holds it all together, but unless he were to bring some of his former colleagues/employees with him I couldn't see him being half as effective here - especially in the short-term. People shouldn't expect miracle cures and I could see him easily sliding the way of Roeder/Souness if he doesn't have a great first season.

Still got to be a big, big miss losing Lee, though. Undoubtedly.

It's very difficult to tell how it's going to pan out. Shepherd isn't the only one who's going to have a say. The Halls will have their opinions, and there may be another takeover bid on the horizon which is going to complicate things further. There may be a lot of negotiations behind the scenes.

Either way, if Roeder is going to be sacked, Shepherd must surely follow him if he has any honour. He's turning us into a laughing stock and damaging the reputation of the club. His continued presence would act as a deterrent to anyone of ability joining us.

Or to put it in a negative way, I'm quite sure that Freddie will be ducking and diving to save his own skin, and that's going to complicate matters.

Where are you getting all this Sammy Lee stuff from?