I'd like to keep and back Roeder next season - Top 6 in my opinion

Guest graemeh72

Guest graemeh72

Maybe I'm the only person to think this, but I think that Roeder is laying some good foundations at the club and I think that changing the manager would be a dreadful thing to do. The last thing we want is another manager and another transition season.

(I'm not an allardyce fan either btw)

I trust Roeder and Pearson to get the right defenders in for next year, lets be honest - they can't be any worse than the ones on the way out!!

Midfield is OK and would be better if they weren't shitting themselves about having a rubbish back 4 stood behind them.

Up front will undoubtedly be stronger with Owen and Shola.

From what I can see continuity is the key to success, and it even took Bobby 2 years to sort out Gullits mess before we could challenge - and Sir Bob was one of the best managers in the world. KK had a good few years to build his side.

Lets keep Roeder, give the man a chance to build his side - rather than have to muddle by with the likes of Carr, Bramble, Moore and Babayaro.

Allardyce, Sven etc etc  - no thanks

Guest Knightrider

Continuity isn't the key to success - having the right people with the right skills in charge is the key to success. I agree mind, stick with Roeder if we can't get anyone significantly better. But if there is even a chance of getting someone much better in, we should go for it and to hell with the claptrap of continuity and stability. Means nowt if the jocky riding the horse can't even ride a fucking bike.

Guest redmayne

probably are the only person that thinks that!!

the guys a retard and what evidence is there of better foundations?

as far as i can tell he hasn't done anything to improve the club at all....

I fear a transitional period, but there's money to spend in the summer and Roeder doesn't have 'his own' squad yet. Get him out and give it to someone competent to build a squad. The effect of a transitional period would effectively be nullified, seeing as we're already in one anyway, one that is going in the wrong direction at that.

Guest redmayne

or perhaps you have had a chat with the 3rd person glen roeder who advises you that Glen Roeder is not responsible for any decisions made by Glen Roeder...

Although it would never happen I am in favour of keeping Glenn at the club. i think he definitely has a value but as first team manager.... its just never going to happen for him and i think there is already too much negative feeling about his style of management/football being played for him to reverse it.

Sadly, managers never take a demotion so his only way out is a sacking.... be it sooner rather than later

Guest Nappy Rash

You're not alone Graeme, definitely in the minority I will say, but on here thats positively a good thing  :coolsmiley:

Im not as confident as you with regard to him getting the right players in, but I certainly wouldnt sacrifice him for Allardyce or anyone of his ilk and I would comfortably have bet against Roeder finishing above Allardyce again next season had he not resigned.

I can't see Roeder getting us into the top 6 tbh.

The fact we're 16 points off last seasons total with just 9 to play for suggests he's taking us in the wrong direction.  Especially considering the standard of the league as a whole has lowered.

Guest redmayne

we'll be relegation material if he stays and i bet our better (and there aren't many) players will be screaming to leave except Dyer of course who is on astronomical wages.... its a mess at the minute - look at the football on display!!!!!! reading are a far less capable side yet they are playing attractive football and picking up points

we aren't!!!!

Top 6 is totally unrealistic.

I think the best we can expect/hope for of a team with Roeder is the same position as this year... and that is purely based on us having the same level of luck that we have had this year.

Guest Nappy Rash

I think the best we can expect/hope for of a team with Roeder is the same position as this year... and that is purely based on us having the same level of luck that we have had this year.

Aye totally unrealistic, where did he finish last Year with a team that was heading down (general consensus on here)  :idiot2:

Relegation is far more realistic, 7th and down remember  mackems.gif

Guest graemeh72

I trust Roeder and Pearson to get the right defenders in for next year

Why?

For a start I think Pearson is a good defensive coach,

I don't think it’s especially difficult to get 2 better fullbacks than Baba and Carr - and I believe that Roeder will get hold of a couple of centrebacks that have good potential. I find it refreshing that he hasn't run out and panic bought - cough boumsong cough luque cough.

Pound for pound Roeders signings don't look that bad to me - martins will get better, duff has too much quality to have another bad injury led season and sib is a cheap stopgap

Yes Roeder has made mistakes but I also think he learns from those mistakes.

Sacking Roeder and rushing in yet another manager would be  symptomatic of the problems in modern day football - and that includes our club.  Short termism, Too many phone ins, journos trying to sell papers - "Sack y - hire z" - its all bollocks - based on getting a load of people who essentially know the square root of fuck all about football to buy newspapers and look at websites.

Aye totally unrealistic, where did he finish last Year with a team that was heading down (general consensus on here)  :idiot2:

Where will we finish this season?

Next season we will strugle even more when we lose players this summer and Roeder fucks up another transfer window!

Typical honeymoon period... happens time and time again

Guest Nappy Rash

Gejon

Unfortunately I havent received my standard issue Neurotic Online Crystal Ball so I cant answer your question.

But I'd guess there is no way on this Earth we can be dealt another death card in the injury stakes and so I'd guess everyone will be looking for the top 6.

Bolton are losing their Manager, Spuds have already been trounced by our reserves again this season twice and I dont see any reason why we couldnt do that again, Blackburn, Reading, Pompey, Villa.................nowt seperating them really is there.

Outside the top 4 there is literally fuck all.

Rob

So it was a honeymoon period and nothing more, but the injuries this season havent played a part im guessing.

I cant believe you dont work in the game to be honest mate.

Gejon

Unfortunately I havent received my standard issue Neurotic Online Crystal Ball so I cant answer your question.

But I'd guess there is no way on this Earth we can be dealt another death card in the injury stakes and so I'd guess everyone will be looking for the top 6.

Bolton are losing their Manager, Spuds have already been trounced by our reserves again this season twice and I dont see any reason why we couldnt do that again, Blackburn, Reading, Pompey, Villa.................nowt seperating them really is there.

Outside the top 4 there is literally fuck all.

Rob

So it was a honeymoon period and nothing more, but the injuries this season havent played a part im guessing.

I cant believe you dont work in the game to be honest mate.

We "trounced" spurs did we? It must mean something different here. Does it mean "somehow we scraped to a win when we were getting completely bummed for the majority of the game" ? If so then I apologise and you are indeed correct, we trounced them!

Guest Nappy Rash

We "trounced" spurs did we? It must mean something different here. Does it mean "somehow we scraped to a win when we were getting completely bummed for the majority of the game" ? If so then I apologise and you are indeed correct, we trounced them!

3-1 and should have been more at home, another 3 goals at WHL in a fortuitous win granted.

They were beaten twice at home in 2006, 3-1 both times, should have been more both times and I think they were possibly the worst side that Year, on two occassions, quite an achievement.

Please ignore all salient points as often as possible, Im sure it'll get you through til Happy Day.