Stephen Carr is bloody brilliant

Kitman

More Comical Alan propaganda on behalf of Stephen Carr.  Strangely it seems that Baba is shite yet Carr is really good.  No new right back for us next season then  >:(

Source:  The Chronicle

--------------------------------------------------

Glenn Roeder has thanked Stephen Carr for plugging the gaps in Newcastle United's problem left-back position.

And that's where, despite Celestine Babayaro being fit again, Carr will perform when United make their first visit to the Madejski Stadium in the Premiership for Monday's televised game with Reading.

United boss Roeder is well aware Carr is not a favourite among the United supporters, but he has no complaints at the way the 30-year-old has operated on his wrong side lately.

Before supervising United's training session today ahead of their flight to London tomorrow tea-time, Roeder told me: "I thought Stephen Carr was excellent against Chelsea on Sunday.

"He has filled in well at left-back and he gave James Milner some great support with the way he overlapped down the left.

"Not only that, he was talking to James all the time, and he is feeling the benefit of all Carr's experience.

"That's why it is important to us that Stephen Carr stays fit for our last three games."

As it happens, both United's full-backs at the Madejski Stadium on Monday night, Carr and Nobby Solano, will effectively be playing out of position.

And Babayaro may well be asking himself why Roeder would rather play someone out of position rather than place any confidence in him, now that the former Chelsea star and Nigerian international is finally fit again.

And why signing a new left-back is a big priority for Roeder in the close season.

More Comical Alan propaganda on behalf of Stephen Carr.  Strangely it seems that Baba is s**** yet Carr is really good.  No new right back for us next season then  >:(

Source:  The Chronicle

--------------------------------------------------

Glenn Roeder has thanked Stephen Carr for plugging the gaps in Newcastle United's problem left-back position.

And that's where, despite Celestine Babayaro being fit again, Carr will perform when United make their first visit to the Madejski Stadium in the Premiership for Monday's televised game with Reading.

United boss Roeder is well aware Carr is not a favourite among the United supporters, but he has no complaints at the way the 30-year-old has operated on his wrong side lately.

Before supervising United's training session today ahead of their flight to London tomorrow tea-time, Roeder told me: "I thought Stephen Carr was excellent against Chelsea on Sunday.

"He has filled in well at left-back and he gave James Milner some great support with the way he overlapped down the left.

"Not only that, he was talking to James all the time, and he is feeling the benefit of all Carr's experience.

"That's why it is important to us that Stephen Carr stays fit for our last three games."

As it happens, both United's full-backs at the Madejski Stadium on Monday night, Carr and Nobby Solano, will effectively be playing out of position.

And Babayaro may well be asking himself why Roeder would rather play someone out of position rather than place any confidence in him, now that the former Chelsea star and Nigerian international is finally fit again.

And why signing a new left-back is a big priority for Roeder in the close season.

Theres not much wrong with whats been said. Carr has actually done better on the left lately, not much to better granted but it was a surprise to see how well(ish) he did there.

And the last line is the important one.

Guest graemeh72

Of course Roeder has to defend / praise his players in public, after all thats what football management is about.

However, I'd be surprised if Carr is still at the club in September

Roeder has "thanked" Carr for playing a couple of decent games? Odd. He shouldn't need to thank him after the near endless stream of shite performances Carr has put it. Should be the other way round IMO, Carr owes him for giving him so much support, should be on his hands and knees thanking Roeder for giving him an opportunity to play - in whatever position - that he didn't earn.

Roeder you thick c***  :lol:

i love the "any excuse to have a go at roeder" theme that runs through this board at the minute.  can we not just put them all in one thread so that people who want to discuss things properly can!

Yes Carr has done relatively well at left back and yes he's done better than babayaro (and ramage) and yes we'll be looking to sign one in the summer.

Roeder has "thanked" Carr for playing a couple of decent games? Odd. He shouldn't need to thank him after the near endless stream of shite performances Carr has put it. Should be the other way round IMO, Carr owes him for giving him so much support, should be on his hands and knees thanking Roeder for giving him an opportunity to play - in whatever position - that he didn't earn.

blueyes.gif

Stephen Carr

For:  Speaks English

Against:  He used to be the best right back in English football 8 years ago before his injuries and old age set in.  Now too slow, too heavy and even worse played out of position at left back

Verdict:  Shut the door behind you

Celestine Babayaro

For:  Showed commitment and courage when suffering a family bereavement

Against:  Seems to be asleep a lot of the time

Verdict:  Never looked the part, a poor signing

:lol:  Source:  Players Guide 2006/07 by Mad Mick, from The Mag 

Ship baba out and keep carr as back up for the new left and right backs that we'll be buying in the summer. We'd get more worth out of him that way and we wouldn't overstretch the squad and still have an old head to give out tips etc..

Do you honestly think we'd get something better for less than 1 million? He knows the club and is pretty average but is able to do a job if someone gets injured...

If we knew how to work in a transfer market then yeah we probably would!

Guest TampaToon

More Comical Alan propaganda on behalf of Stephen Carr.  Strangely it seems that Baba is s**** yet Carr is really good.  No new right back for us next season then  >:(

i'm happy to have Nobby at RB if we address the LB issue.

Guest Jonny4Toon

Roeder said he overlapped Milner, DID HE FUCK!!!!!! He didn't overlap he ran past and then turned in on his right because he has no left foot. That's what you get when you play two right sided players on the left

Can't believe people want to keep him after a couple of half decent performances!

He was never leaving anyway, was he? With all of the other signings we apparently will need to be making, finding a secondary right-back does not need to be added to that list. Roeder obviously loves him, as well.

I'm not sure if "want" is the right word, I don't think we have any choice in the matter.

Can't believe people want to keep him after a couple of half decent performances!

He was never leaving anyway, was he? With all of the other signings we apparently will need to be making, finding a secondary right-back does not need to be added to that list. Roeder obviously loves him, as well.

I'm not sure if "want" is the right word, I don't think we have any choice in the matter.

We don't have any choice in almost any matter that is club business tbf.  ;)

Nevertheless I wan't shot of Carr and Baba. If it is beyond Roeder to replace them, or if he has any amount of faith in them helping the club move forward, then that would be pretty disappointing in my eyes.