More sentimental tosh from the Scousers.

Optimistic Nut

On Monday evening Chelsea will train in an empty stadium. The loudest empty stadium in the world. It’ll whisper to them of Liverpool’s five glorious European Cup victories. Kopites now long departed will take up their specs again and invoke visions in the Chelsea minds of St. Etienne, Inter Milan, Auxerre, Roma, Barcelona, Olympiakos and Juventus.

The stands will echo to songs of triumph and glory, of the dignity of Elisha Scott and Billy Liddell, the heart of Ian St John and Emlyn Hughes, the strength of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness, and the brilliance of John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish.

Can someone pass me a tissue I think I'm gonna cry here.  :'(

Guest Bramble OG

Liverpool wont win the tie, IMO the players and fans are s*** scared at the thought of being beat in the final by Man Utd..

Anfield whispers to me, too, whenever i go there. Mainly it whispers reminders of all the fucking neanderthal fans I encountered there, chucking pool balls, bottles of piss and coins into the away end. and the annual struggle to get out of there in one piece every time we went there in the 80s.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Anfield whispers to me, too, whenever i go there. Mainly it whispers reminders of all the f****** neanderthal fans I encountered there, chucking pool balls, bottles of piss and coins into the away end. and the annual struggle to get out of there in one piece every time we went there in the 80s.

I hear it whisper "Have you left you car under a security camera?" whenever I go to the scouse sh*thole

Guest Gemmill

They genuinely believe all that shit btw.  That Chelsea's team with all of its experience of Europe, World Cups, and all the rest of it, are shitting bricks because Kenny Dalglish used to be good and they have to play in a stadium where Liverpool won some European games.  Most of them, if they know him at all, only know St. John as Jimmy Greaves' straight man ffs.

I really hope Chelsea put them out on their own turf.

On Monday evening Chelsea will train in an empty stadium. The loudest empty stadium in the world. It’ll whisper to them of Liverpool’s five glorious European Cup victories. Kopites now long departed will take up their specs again and invoke visions in the Chelsea minds of St. Etienne, Inter Milan, Auxerre, Roma, Barcelona, Olympiakos and Juventus.

The stands will echo to songs of triumph and glory, of the dignity of Elisha Scott and Billy Liddell, the heart of Ian St John and Emlyn Hughes, the strength of Tommy Smith and Graeme Souness, and the brilliance of John Barnes and Kenny Dalglish.

"SCOUSERS!  TONIGHT WE DINE IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!"

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2007/03/13/3001.jpg

Guest Morph

On Monday evening Chelsea will train in an empty stadium. The loudest empty stadium in the world. Itll whisper to them of Liverpools five glorious European Cup victories. Kopites now long departed will take up their specs again and invoke visions in the Chelsea minds of St. Etienne, Inter Milan, Auxerre, Roma, Barcelona, Olympiakos and Juventus.

Cringeworthy to say the least.

An empty stadium to me would sound like fucking silence.  end of.

I love this reply from a Scouse fan to the stick I give the article on another forum...

That's what is so good about things like this. Liverpool fans totally get it. And it winds up opposition fans.

You just don't understand the Liverpool way.

Even if we went on and won the next 2 or 3 league titles, what we've done in the past, with the players of the past, would be just as important as the modern achievements, if not more so.

F*cking hell man. :lol:

I love this reply from a Scouse fan to the stick I give the article on another forum...

That's what is so good about things like this. Liverpool fans totally get it. And it winds up opposition fans.

Even if we went on and won the next 2 or 3 league titles, what we've done in the past, with the players of the past, would be just as important as the modern achievements, if not more so.

He's right about the understanding, you need to start empathising more with them, Nut. Get into their mind and do the things they do.

Start with a minutes' silence. Then have another one.

Wow so much Scouser bashing. Yet we can't take any Geordie bashing ...

Calm down, calm down...

[[no, but seriously... it's all just banter, 'lima!]]

He's right about the understanding, you need to start empathising more with them, Nut. Get into their mind and do the things they do.

Start with a minutes' silence. Then have another one.

Get into there mind? He'll be robbing old grannies and dipping in bins before he knows it!

Guest Gemmill

Early Drogba header in the Kop end goal please.

blueyes.gif

:lol:  Let's hear their wonderful Anfield European atmosphere if Chelsea take the lead.  Game over.

Come on Chelsea, "I VILL SUPPORT YOU" as the kraut who got injured from my Sunday team once said to us all.

"The famous Anfiled Roar"  It's shite they sing YNWA for 3 minutes, and pipe right down, till they score.  PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE CHELSEA.