Gahahahaa!

Dave

Most ridiculous Oliver article so far.

Glenn Roeder told his job is secure

Apr 30 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder has been assured he WILL be manager of Newcastle United next season.

And this despite headlines today sugesting that Sam Allardyce, who resigned as manager of Bolton Wanderers yesterday afternoon, was on his way to St James' Park.

There was talk in football last week that Roeder was going to be shown the door by United at the end of the season.

As a result the Chronicle put the question to United's Press office - and the answer was that this was not the case.

As revealed in the Chronicle, Freddy Shepherd made a surprise visit to the United training ground on Friday to talk over next season's transfer targets with Roeder.

And the word from the training ground is that Roeder was given assurances from his chairman that he will still be in charge next season.

Shepherd distanced himself from the speculation about Allardyce today, saying that whatever had happened at another football club has got nothing to do with United.

Allardyce was actually offered the job at St James' Park after Shepherd sacked Sir Bobby Robson in August 2004 but, along with his pal Steve Bruce, he turned it down.

That's why, when Graeme Souness was sacked last February, neither Allardyce nor Bruce were considered as his successor and the job went to Roeder after he took United into Europe from nowhere and ended the season as the highest placed English manager in the Premiership.

A lot of the talk yesterday was that Allardyce was on his way to Manchester City - the team I understood he supported as a boy.

This was based on the fact that he is a big pal of former United defender Ray Ranson, who has a bid in to take over City - another of his former clubs.

But Ranson rang me yesterday to say that he has not spoken to Allardyce for around 18 months.

A key point in the future of Allardyce is that fact that he has already resigned from Bolton, and this means that any club which wants to appoint him for the start of next season will not have to pay the Wanderers chairman Phil Garside any compensation.

The last thing Roeder wanted was to read headlines that Allardyce was replacing him at St James' Park, and he had every right to feel aggrieved.

Roeder is not popular with the North West group of managers with Allardyce, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Wigan's Paul Jewel all on record 12 months ago saying that he should not be allowed to manage United because he did not have the Pro-Licence - even though none of them have it.

Then Ferguson was quoted as saying he was going to give Allardyce a hug and a kiss after Bolton picked up a draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

But there was no such message from Sir Alex to Roeder after United's draw with Chelsea last Sunday.

:lol:

Pick the bones out of that. What a fucking eejit.

Guest Gemmill

The hug and kiss bit at the end is fucking priceless.  Honestly it's like he's an infant school pupil in the body of a particularly ugly man.  Him and the bloke that passes shit like this for publishing want their arses kicked.  I could run the Chronicle sports section better than these supposed veteran journalists.

Love this from CF on Toontastic:

I am Ranson and this is my to-do list today...

1. Brush teeth

2. Feed dog

3. Prepare Man City bid

4. Ring north-east 'journalist' to update him on my relationship with Allardyce.

5. Continue with affairs in the north-west

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

"Ranson rang me yesterday" :lol: that's absolutely brilliant.

When Ray Ranson wants to get a message out to a wider audience, there's only one man to go to.  And that man is Alan Oliver.

Guest optimistic nit

Aside from the obvious s****, I thought Allardyce supported Wolves?

well if i had a choice between believing PM's football knowladge, or Anal Olivers, i know who i'd go with blueyes.gif

Guest Armchair Pundit

"The whole Geordie public are behind Roeder, he's the man for the job..."

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1732/comicaloliverhm6.jpg

:uglystupid2:

Fucking ugly cunt was just on SS1. He kinda going back on his word.

What was he saying?

Anyway this part gets me:

Roeder is not popular with the North West group of managers with Allardyce, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Wigan's Paul Jewel all on record 12 months ago saying that he should not be allowed to manage United because he did not have the Pro-Licence - even though none of them have it.

Surely Big Sam has his pro-licence considering GR had to go on a course for it where Sam was a speaker!