Matchday 44 - Birmingham v Newcastle - 29/04/06 - Post Match

Shearer9

Guest GLENEAGLE

Bramble got right through on his own because brum had all their defenders up for their corner.Bramble took one touch too many, should have shot early but his final touch put the ball too close to brum keeper

I'm glad we didn't lose, but i'm not surprised we didn't win. You have to look at the circumstances. Birmingham were always going to play well, and we had so many key players out once again. N'Zogbia is wasted in the middle as i have said so many times, and Amdy Faye is Amdy Faye.

Here's to a victory against Chelsea. If Blackburn lose their game in hand, we're 6th. It isn't over yet.

Guest crantonscracker

Kiss Europe goodbye

Did any of us really expect us to get in Europe or even finish top 10 during the souness era?

I for one would like to thank Glenn for all his work with the boys, he really turned things round for us! Thanks to him we will have a respectable league finish as opposed to what it could have been.

Guest Givens Glove

F blueupset.gif k  ,F blueupset.gif k F blueupset.gif k F blueupset.gif k F blueupset.gif k

Now we HAVE to win against Chelsea  blueeek.gif

Boumsong just said goodbye the Toon  .  I won't miss him .

And  I still want Roeder in.   

I'm glad we didn't lose, but i'm not surprised we didn't win. You have to look at the circumstances. Birmingham were always going to play well, and we had so many key players out once again. N'Zogbia is wasted in the middle as i have said so many times, and Amdy Faye is Amdy Faye.

Here's to a victory against Chelsea. It isn't over yet.

They were absolutely awful.

Shocking team, and the Premiership hasnt lost a thing with them going down.

It's as good as over. Blackburn are a point behind us with 2 games in hand.

Kiss Europe goodbye

Did any of us really expect us to get in Europe or even finish top 10 during the souness era?

I for one would like to thank Glenn for all his work with the boys, he really turned things round for us! Thanks to him we will have a respectable league finish as opposed to what it could have been.

Hear Hear!  :thup:

Kiss Europe goodbye.

3 months ago we were thinking we were kissing top flight football goodbye. Perspective please gentlemen. Top half at the end of January seemed pie in the sky. The team and management should be congratulated, not criticised.  :|

Guest crantonscracker

Kiss Europe goodbye.

3 months ago we were thinking we were kissing top flight football goodbye. Perspective please gentlemen. Top half at the end of January seemed pie in the sky. The team and management should be congratulated, not criticised. :|

Spot on!

Shit just realized, this mean we get Butt back!!! Flog him to Reading, tell them he is an ex Manc, ex England international and that Pele thought he was the best player in the last World Cup, just ommit the last few years of his career.

It's as good as over. Blackburn are a point behind us with 2 games in hand.

I'm being pedantic, but that's Bolton. We're level on points with Blackburn and they've got one game in hand.

Crantonscracker is one of few talking sense here.

Kiss Europe goodbye.

3 months ago we were thinking we were kissing top flight football goodbye. Perspective please gentlemen. Top half at the end of January seemed pie in the sky. The team and management should be congratulated, not criticised.  :|

i concur.

Were 1 point ahead of Blackburn, who have 2 games in hand, and 3 points ahead of Bolton, who also have 2 games in hand.

Its still possible to finish 6th, Blackburn have Chelsea and Charlton today so could lose two, Bolton are away to Spurs so can see them losing there.

Realistically though, were going to finish in between 7th and 9th.

Guest Givens Glove

Kiss Europe goodbye

Sooooo  agree.  He's had a canny run , Imagine if he'd been brought in earlier , we  would'nt be gannin on like we'd just lost the league like . 

Next season we can only do better.  Roeder for fulltime boss.

We deserved nothing.

Besides a clear Birmingham penalty, bringing on the likes of Clark and Boumsong rather than Luque when we need nothing less than a win is another black mark against Roeder taking over full time imho.

It's not just Blackburn but also Bolton, they have 3 of the 4 games at home and seem to have regained their form of late. I'll be surprise if we finish 7th, but 8th place is still a great achievement since Souness left.

Ditto to Midds17 aswell.

Stop being so negative people. Roeder has done amazing. To be saying crap like "Roeder Out", with malice after a draw (we didn't even lose :roll: ) is just stupid. We've done amazing this last quarter of the season. We were in a fecking relegation battle in February!