David Edgar

Thespence

Source

Chilli SAUCE - Get it?

Me dads mate is the scout who brought Matty Pattison to the club.

I hate your dad's mate.

HA HA HA!!! My dad jips him all the time about Pattison, even me Mam passes comment when he calls at our house.

Also told me about 2 first team squad players + Phil Cave getting arrested which resulted in all 3 having a little stay at Market St Police Station. Cave was meant to get sacked because of this.

Source

Chilli SAUCE - Get it?

I hate your dad's mate.

HA HA HA!!! My dad jips him all the time about Pattison, even me Mam passes comment when he calls at our house.

Also told me about 2 first team squad players + Phil Cave getting arrested which resulted in all 3 having a little stay at Market St Police Station. Cave was meant to get sacked because of this.

It's spelt "gyp" and it's a racial slur. I'm sorry to be an a** and point that out, but these types of things upset me.

It's spelt "gyp" and it's a racial slur. I'm sorry to be an a** and point that out, but these types of things upset me.

I spelt it wrong & upset you:-[

I am from Wallsed so I was using it in the slang & Wiki says:

A slang term in the UK and Commonwealth countries referring to something being painful or causing discomfort: "My leg is giving me gyp". May also be spelt Gip or Jip.

Sorry!

I can't wait to see Edgar play with Canada at the U-20 World Cup in Toronto this summer. This news makes it even better. He's pure class, and I'm glad we have him.

I'll be there as well, mate.  Where are you in the T-dot?

Source

Chilli SAUCE - Get it?

I hate your dad's mate.

It didn't upset me that you spelled it wrong. To say that you got "gypped" is a racial slur. It is the same as saying that you got "Jewed" except it is against Gypsies. And I wasn't upset; a lot of people don't realize when they say it that it's a slur, so I pointed it out. It may be a dead metaphor, which explains the Wiki reference, but it is a slur, nonetheless.

Anyways, as I said, I wasn't trying to put you down or start a fight.

Source

Chilli SAUCE - Get it?

I hate your dad's mate.

It didn't upset me that you spelled it wrong. To say that you got "gypped" is a racial slur. It is the same as saying that you got "Jewed" except it is against Gypsies. And I wasn't upset; a lot of people don't realize when they say it that it's a slur, so I pointed it out. It may be a dead metaphor, which explains the Wiki reference, but it is a slur, nonetheless.

Are you serious? It's got nowt to fucking do with gypsies in the context used, you plank.

Anyway, good news about Edgar as it looked for a minute he was being written off.

Guest optimistic nit

Source

Chilli SAUCE - Get it?

I hate your dad's mate.

mackem.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Saint Andy

Gypsies are a race?

we need to be more specfic.

my legs giving me romany gyp today like.....

Thing is though if we put him in League one for a season then he will be 21 next summer with only League One experience. We could always loan him out for another season after that but that would take him up to his 22nd birthday and the end of his contract i think. I like what i have seen of him so far. Maybe half a season in League One, and if he impresses then a Championship club might take a look at him for the 2nd part of 07/08? He might not every turn into a Premiership class defender, but he looks like he's got good potential.