Anal on Sky Sports

lovejoy

anyone hear him?

'we were told at the chronicle last week that roeder would be relieved of his duties at the end of the season, after going through the proper channels, i have been told this isnt the case, but with regards to sam allardyce, this is nufc and anything can happen.'

not the definitive 'roeder is our manager next season without doubt' response i was expecting from him

Guest Toon83

interesting stuff from Alan that, ive worked with him a few times and he does know what he's talking about when it comes to Freddie Shepherd and Newcastle, its just the whole voice of the fans thing that he takes to far.

Would love to see Big Sam here but will Freddie go back to Sam after he turned us down before Souness took the job?

I'm becoming quite hopeful there's something in the speculation. Sheperd is usually breaking his neck to get his picture on the website rubbishing any story concerning us, and for Oliver not to deny it outright... Just wishful thinking, perhaps.

anyone hear him?

'we were told at the chronicle last week that roeder would be relieved of his duties at the end of the season, after going through the proper channels, i have been told this isnt the case, but with regards to sam allardyce, this is nufc and anything can happen.'

not the definitive 'roeder is our manager next season without doubt' response i was expecting from him

He didn't exactly say that. I think he said he'd heard that 'Roeder and Newcastle might be parting company' but it's still a surprise he let that much go.

Obviously fuelled by FFS to see the Toon Army reaction is my bet.

Sorry to be pedantic.

personally, i think sam is nailed on.

the fact that we havnt had an erikson style statement from freddie just fuels the speculation

Agree - I think he might be here sooner than we think.

I can see Glenn getting the boot this week.

anyone hear him?

He didn't exactly say that. I think he said he'd heard that 'Roeder and Newcastle might be parting company' but it's still a surprise he let that much go.

Obviously fuelled by FFS to see the Toon Army reaction is my bet.

Sorry to be pedantic.

pretty sure he did like!!!

either way, whether he said what i think or what you think, the end result was roeder fucking off, which is all good !

I don't like Allardyce at all, basically I think he's a boring cunt or he certainly comes across like that on TV, a bit like Howard Wilkinson.  However if he had managed the toon in that second half, and watched Dyer's incredibly pathetic pass when he was nearly last man, he would've had his eyes bulging and his vein popping out of his temple's at the utter ineptness of it.  Roeder stood there arms folded.  Fans of other clubs could say "fickle Newcastle fans wanting to change their manager again", but it's true the bloke can't motivate his players.  No manager should be judged on his first 10-15 games good or bad.  If Curbishley had West Ham would already be relegated.

I'm just fuckin pissed off.  I looked at the clock 60:25, and I thought fuck all is going to change in this game, about three of them looked like they don't want to be there, fair enough there were injuries to Emre and Sibs but the fact of the matter is we didn't want it enough against what are INFERIOR players, and they all are.  No motivation.

I have to say as much as I like pure football, I would take any manager right now, who instills some PASSION in the shirt, that's all I want, and someone who we can realistically say can at least make us the fifth best side in the short term, and a Champions League team in the long term.  I hate to say it deep down, but Allardyce has 100% better chance of doing that if he is given the opportunity than fuckin Roeder has.

I don't like Allardyce at all, basically I think he's a boring cunt or he certainly comes across like that on TV, a bit like Howard Wilkinson.  However if he had managed the toon in that second half, and watched Dyer's incredibly pathetic pass when he was nearly last man, he would've had his eyes bulging and his vein popping out of his temple's at the utter ineptness of it.  Roeder stood there arms folded.  Fans of other clubs could say "fickle Newcastle fans wanting to change their manager again", but it's true the bloke can't motivate his players.  No manager should be judged on his first 10-15 games good or bad.  If Curbishley had West Ham would already be relegated.

I'm just fuckin pissed off.  I looked at the clock 60:25, and I thought fuck all is going to change in this game, about three of them looked like they don't want to be there, fair enough there were injuries to Emre and Sibs but the fact of the matter is we didn't want it enough against what are INFERIOR players, and they all are.  No motivation.

I have to say as much as I like pure football, I would take any manager right now, who instills some PASSION in the shirt, that's all I want, and someone who we can realistically say can at least make us the fifth best side in the short term, and a Champions League team in the long term.  I hate to say it deep down, but Allardyce has 100% better chance of doing that if he is given the opportunity than fuckin Roeder has.

:clap:

he does know what he's talking about when it comes to Freddie Shepherd and Newcastle, its just the whole voice of the fans thing that he takes to far.

Would love to see Big Sam here but will Freddie go back to Sam after he turned us down before Souness took the job?

Because he is Freds butt monkey. But the Chrons big wigs don't care, AO gets the exclusives from the club, because AO writes good PR, he then gets paid by the club via his tosh about "LIFE ON THE NORTH EAST BEAT" in the match day programme.

Wrote to AO ( [email protected] ) after the Charlton game:

Whats is the crack with saying "But for me, What

yesterday proved is that United have 5  or 6 players

- bought by his predecessors - who are simply not good

enought". Well according to the ratings on the next

page the 3 worst player were all signed by Roeder &

the top two were signed by "his predecessors".

Got no reply

Guest NIToon

I don't like Allardyce at all, basically I think he's a boring c*** or he certainly comes across like that on TV, a bit like Howard Wilkinson.  However if he had managed the toon in that second half, and watched Dyer's incredibly pathetic pass when he was nearly last man, he would've had his eyes bulging and his vein popping out of his temple's at the utter ineptness of it.  Roeder stood there arms folded.  Fans of other clubs could say "fickle Newcastle fans wanting to change their manager again", but it's true the bloke can't motivate his players.  No manager should be judged on his first 10-15 games good or bad.  If Curbishley had West Ham would already be relegated.

I'm just fuckin pissed off.  I looked at the clock 60:25, and I thought f*** all is going to change in this game, about three of them looked like they don't want to be there, fair enough there were injuries to Emre and Sibs but the fact of the matter is we didn't want it enough against what are INFERIOR players, and they all are.  No motivation.

:clap:

Yeah that

You'd think he could get his teeth fixed on the salary he's probably on, it's a wonder he can talk.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74007159.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193121F0CA652334348CCE6544960DD28DF

Thats the smile of an angel?

You'd think he could get his teeth fixed on the salary he's probably on, it's a wonder he can talk.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/74007159.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193121F0CA652334348CCE6544960DD28DF

Roeder can't help his face, and I want the bloke to do well, I respected him as a player, but Newcastle are going no where with him, no where.

Roeder can't help his face, and I want the bloke to do well, I respected him as a player, but Newcastle are going no where with him, no where.

;D 'Oi, Roeder! Sort your fucking face out!'

Hate to admit Stevie but i agree with everything you say :thup:

Agree again tbh. The guy cares imo, he's just miles out of his depth and too proud to admit it.

I will also agree. The sad thing is that he's going to be rated right down there with Souness unless a miracle occurs soon.

Alan Oliver Exclusive

Glenn Roeder told his job is secure

Apr 30 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Glenn Roeder has been assured he WILL be manager of Newcastle United next season.

And this despite headlines today sugesting that Sam Allardyce, who resigned as manager of Bolton Wanderers yesterday afternoon, was on his way to St James' Park.

There was talk in football last week that Roeder was going to be shown the door by United at the end of the season.

As a result the Chronicle put the question to United's Press office - and the answer was that this was not the case.

As revealed in the Chronicle, Freddy Shepherd made a surprise visit to the United training ground on Friday to talk over next season's transfer targets with Roeder.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

And the word from the training ground is that Roeder was given assurances from his chairman that he will still be in charge next season.

Shepherd distanced himself from the speculation about Allardyce today, saying that whatever had happened at another football club has got nothing to do with United.

Allardyce was actually offered the job at St James' Park after Shepherd sacked Sir Bobby Robson in August 2004 but, along with his pal Steve Bruce, he turned it down.

That's why, when Graeme Souness was sacked last February, neither Allardyce nor Bruce were considered as his successor and the job went to Roeder after he took United into Europe from nowhere and ended the season as the highest placed English manager in the Premiership.

A lot of the talk yesterday was that Allardyce was on his way to Manchester City - the team I understood he supported as a boy.

This was based on the fact that he is a big pal of former United defender Ray Ranson, who has a bid in to take over City - another of his former clubs.

But Ranson rang me yesterday to say that he has not spoken to Allardyce for around 18 months.

A key point in the future of Allardyce is that fact that he has already resigned from Bolton, and this means that any club which wants to appoint him for the start of next season will not have to pay the Wanderers chairman Phil Garside any compensation.

The last thing Roeder wanted was to read headlines that Allardyce was replacing him at St James' Park, and he had every right to feel aggrieved.

Roeder is not popular with the North West group of managers with Allardyce, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Wigan's Paul Jewel all on record 12 months ago saying that he should not be allowed to manage United because he did not have the Pro-Licence - even though none of them have it.

Then Ferguson was quoted as saying he was going to give Allardyce a hug and a kiss after Bolton picked up a draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

But there was no such message from Sir Alex to Roeder after United's draw with Chelsea last Sunday.