Owen and Martins

Crumpy Gunt

I don't think they'll ever be a good partnership...much in the same way, in my opinion, Shearer-Ferdinand wasn't a good partnership as such. They were just two f*cking good strikers with a good supply line. Give Martins & Owen a supply line and they'll score goals regardless of whether they link up together.

Guest NIToon

Looked better in the first half, went more 4-3-3 after Sibs went off, early days but I think they can play together.  Thought Shola looked alright as well.

I don't think they'll ever be a good partnership...much in the same way, in my opinion, Shearer-Ferdinand wasn't a good partnership as such. They were just two f*cking good strikers with a good supply line. Give Martins & Owen a supply line and they'll score goals regardless of whether they link up together.

This. Though Martins' ball through for the ruled out goal was smart.

This thread was inevitable after today's game.

I think it'll work well. Two intelligent players normally find a way, these two will. There a few promising signs out there tonight. They will work on their movement, but I have no doubt it'll come. ... if Owen stays anyway.

Write it off now and you're a lunatic.

That is all. If you're going to write it off now, after that (an overall shite performance from players and manager, with Martins totally lacking in confidence, Owen not played a Premier League game in 18 months, three strikers, etc)... well, it's simply you just can't. And anyone who does is a moron.

Martins was shite and Owen was never in it tonight, but the second half was one of the most lacklustre performances of the entire season anyway, so leave it be. Plus they were playing alongside Shola/Sibierski all night, and were asked to drift out wide. I bet Owen is wondering what the fuck he was being asked to do - he only ever received the ball down the left wing!!!

If they play together, one of them has to drop deeper, and neither of them are any good at that. You just wonder how much time Roeder is going to waste finding that out.

And bringing on Shola so that they both get buggered up by having to drop deeper isn't a solution either.

I'd play Shola and Owen.

For fucks sake... give them a chance.

They looked decent in patches today, but I guess it was always likely that some moron would start a thread like this.

What patches were them then? You can understand Owens ring-rust but Martins is generally poor in his work.

A good manager will make his decision on which he prefers and the other will be benched. Common sense says that we play 4-4-2 it's what the players understand. He could have went big man/little man up front and changed it after an hour eg. Owen/Shola then Martins/Sib(carrol) or vice versa/different combo.

We just looked totally shit tonight and getting caught offside taking a freekick was the icing on the cake. Fucking shite again.

I think it'll work well. Two intelligent players normally find a way, these two will. There a few promising signs out there tonight. They will work on their movement, but I have no doubt it'll come. ... if Owen stays anyway.

Martins an intelligent player? He's got the football brain of a ten year old.

The getting caught offside will only be worse with Shola in the team.

Funny how for that late Martins chance/header... Oba and Owen had timed the runs perfectly... only one stupid donkey was standing 2 yards off side... Ameobi.

He still seems to go into a daze when he enters the box only to come out of it when the flag is raised... pay attention you stupid fuck.

With Jinky Jimmy Milner whipping in balls  Crouch giving Zigic a piggyback would have trouble reaching. The midfield players great at passing to anyone who wants to form a triangle, not so could at spotting the runs of forwards.  Owen & Martins better adapt to game that involves them coming deep to get the ball

Its incredible people are discarding the partnership after 1 game.Especially as it was the best part to our game tonight.

I ain't dissing the partnerships it the brains of the people behind them, do they know the strengths & weakness of the two fast pint pots up front?

Its incredible people are discarding the partnership after 1 game.Especially as it was the best part to our game tonight.

I ain't dissing the partnerships it the brains of the people behind them, do they know the strengths & weakness of the two fast pint pots up front?

That is a very good point.And as Dyer is getting the full brunt tonite,i have to say Emre was utter wank as well.