Dario Gradi

Thespence

With him stepping out the firing line, I think he would of been ideal as Head of Academy for us. I know Joe Joyce is in place but the only stuff you can find out about him is that he is good at coaching errrrrr other coaches!!! Dario is going to be Crewe Technical Director he could be our answer to Parnaby at boro & with his success with young kids Crewe would make is the number one place to send your son in the North East.

With him stepping out the firing line, I think he would of been ideal as Head of Academy for us. I know Joe Joyce is in place but the only stuff you can find out about him is that he is good at coaching errrrrr other coaches!!! Dario is going to be Crewe Technical Director he could be our answer to Parnaby at boro & with his success with young kids Crewe would make is the number one place to send your son in the North East.

I have felt for a while that Gradi could do a job at a top club.

His philosophy on style of football are perfect for us. Worth a look at I think. Could do wonderes for our youth set up

Guest Knightrider

Dario Gradi has been a manager and coach for a long long time yet has never achieved anything of note and as to the myth that he's somekind of youth team/player miracle worker, well there has only ever been the odd player to come through Crewe's system which given the number of years he's been there the laws of averages mean that was always gonna happen anyway. Getting daft now.

Agreed.

He's older than God's dog, man!  :lol:

the laws of averages mean that was always gonna happen anyway.

Fair point, but I think for a club that has not played in the Premier League/top flight they have produced a lot international's or player who have went on to play premiership football. I admit not all them players came through there ranks but were cast off from places like ManUre (Sav & Platt etc) but Crewe was the making of them.

Check the list out at

http://www.crewealex.premiumtv.co.uk/page/past_players/0,,10414,00.html

If you can find a better list over the same period of time from a club that has not played Premierleague/top flight, well played to you & the averages are on your side because you have a lot of clubs to choose from.

I like the look of the Varney & Maynard who play up front for them now, don't they are in Hulse or Ashton class yet though

Gradi's an anomaly. Respect to him, but I think he's a one club man.

Agreed.

If he hasn't moved on in 24 years he won't leave now irrespective of who come knocking on his door.  In an interview he did a couple of years ago, he said he had only ever applied for one job in his time there, and that was with the Chairman's knowledge and agreement.  Technical Director at the FA, a job given to Howard Wilkinson.  Not saying Wilko was bad but that was an opportunity missed by the FA imo.

Top man!  :thup:

Gradi is being moved upstairs next season.

His talent was watching out for players leaving big clubs like manu or Liverpool and bringing them in when they didn't make the tought grade expected by those clubs.

Sometimes he'd get them early on and they'd count as Crewe's youth, sometimes a little later, either way, young players always felt they'd have a good chance of playing at Crewe and generally they all did.