How will Freddy deal with this?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Media rumours linking Big Sam with Roeder's Job

Majority of fans wanting Roeder out

Majority of fans wanting the man himself out

Booing/mass walk out at the end of the Blackburn game (defeat and maybe kick-offs outside)

mackems promotion + good press, NUFC pushed aside in the limelight stakes as a result

Empty seats, downturn in ST sales

No Europe

Major squad surgery needed

Just think in the summer of 2003 we were all looking forward to another crack at the top 3 and Champions League...

What a mess.  :(

Media rumours linking Big Sam with Roeder's Job

Majority of fans wanting Roeder out

Majority of fans wanting the man himself out

Booing/mass walk out at the end of the Blackburn game (defeat and maybe kick-offs outside)

mackems promotion + good press, NUFC pushed aside in the limelight stakes as a result

Empty seats, downturn in ST sales

No Europe

Major squad surgery needed

Just think in the summer of 2003 we were all looking forward to another crack at the top 3 and Champions League...

What a mess.  :(

Is the only thing that has a slight chance of affecting him

Guest Knightrider

Empty seats won't affect him, mainly because it won't happen, at least not to any notable extent.

I wouldn't be so sure myself. Everywhere you go in Newcastle people are saying that's enough for me and I think a good few actually mean it this time.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Before Shepherd appointed Roeder he said he was about to make "The most impostant appointment in the club's history"

Once again he got a decision spectacularly wrong.

Expect another attempt at a hollywood signing rather than the sensible approach of restructuring the club from top to bottom with a new manager, fitness coaches, dieticians, scouts, etc etc

I can't see FF paying that - sadly.

Sam rivals told he will cost £5m

By DAVID FACEY

May 01, 2007

BOLTON will be after £5million in compensation if Sam Allardyce joins Newcastle or Manchester City.

Reebok chairman Phil Gartside said yesterday his departed manager’s £2m-a-year contract was still binding — even though he had accepted his resignation and made Big Sam’s No 2 Sammy Lee the club’s new boss.

Allardyce’s 10-year deal has another 2½ years to run and he does not become a free agent until November 2009.

Gartside, asked if Allardyce had indicated whether he had another job lined up, rapped: “He said he hasn’t. I would not be pleased if he did. We’d have to look closely at the circumstances.”

Big Sam has been linked with Ray Ranson’s bid to buy Manchester City and a summer switch to Newcastle. Gartside added: “It was not my choice for him to go. But you have to ask him what he will do next. He is going to turn up somewhere. Don’t forget he has 2½ years left on his contract. We have a compromise agreement in place that just covers his resignation from this job.”

Yet Gartside believes new boss Lee is potentially better than Allardyce. He declared: “When you lose a key member of your side, you replace him with someone better. That is where I am at.”

Yet Gartside believes new boss Lee is potentially better than Allardyce. He declared: ?When you lose a key member of your side, you replace him with someone better. That is where I am at.?

Unless you're Shepherd, of course, in which case you replace Robson with Souness and Souness with Roeder.

Mr Shepherd, it's Alan. That Allardyce fella is available. He's not a Geordie though.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3703/orlydrevilks2.gif

Guest alankhaw

Well the stadium expansion thats planned will be in tatters if thats the case. He will have to do it sooner or later to be honest. Hopefully sooner rather than later

Before Shepherd appointed Roeder he said he was about to make "The most impostant appointment in the club's history"

Nah, he was just misquoted. He said he was about to make 'the most impotent appointment in the club's history.

Guest SLK

Just look at Blackburn fortunes and compare them to Newcastle...Three years ago both clubs changed managers, one club (blackburn) did the right think by letting their "dead man walking" manager leave to Newcastle who not only saved Blackburn from certain relegation and allowed them to employ a bright young manager (Mark Hughes) but also Newcastle had to pay Blackburn compensation for taking their manager...Isn't that comedy of the heighest quality ? Newcastle finished the season with Souness having its lowest ever place in the table since the premier league started...Souness did even wrose the 2nd season and was almost going to get Newcastle relegated but for eventual sacking and the feel good factor of having someone else other than Souness steering Newcastle to saftey and ended the season on somewhat a high (in 7th place) compared to the previous season...Roeder was the saviour and a hero even though 5th place finish by Roboson on his last season was deemed as failure...Roeder was better than Souness but then it doesn't take more than a monkey to be better than Souness as a football manager...Three f*cking years on and look at the directions of both clubs and where they are heading to...Yes the OPPOSITE directions...Amazing when Blackburn's yearly budget is probably not even 50% of how much Newcastle spends a year on players and staff...The quality of both squads is there for everyone to see. Why on earth Blackburn is heigher in the table than Newcastle when it's obviously clear which team has the better players on paper is a mystery to Fredy Shepherd I guess...

Stability is the key to progress in any company let alone a footballing club...The only times Newcastle had some stable consistent years where during the Keegan and Robson eras...And why ? Because they were BLOODY GOOD MANAGERS suited to Newcastle united and the way we like football played...Three years on and it looks like Newcastle is looking for another managerial change...And yet another squad rebuilding...Will we get it right this time I wonder...ONLY THE FAT ONE HAS THE ANSWER...

Stability is the key to progress in any company let alone a footballing club...The only times Newcastle had some stable consistent years where during the Keegan and Robson eras...And why ? Because they were BLOODY GOOD MANAGERS suited to Newcastle united and the way we like football played...Three years on and it looks like Newcastle is looking for another managerial change...And yet another squad rebuilding...Will we get it right this time I wonder...ONLY THE FAT ONE HAS THE ANSWER...

It is not purely about stability. Dario Grady was in Crewe for 24 years yet the highest Crewe went was Championship. Stability is important but the quality of the manager is paramount. Granted we can't always have the manager of the highest quality but we should at least try to get a good, bright, innovative young manager and and grant him a few years to drive the club.

David Moyes is not the brightest manager about yet because of the stability the club have been climbing upwards steadily under his stewardship.

Guest SLK

It is not purely about stability. Dario Grady was in Crewe for 24 years yet the highest Crewe went was Championship. Stability is important but the quality of the manager is paramount. Granted we can't always have the manager of the highest quality but we should at least try to get a good, bright, innovative young manager and and grant him a few years to drive the club.

David Moyes is not the brightest manager about yet because of the stability the club have been climbing upwards steadily under his stewardship.

As I said before...Stability comes from having good manager in the first place...Fat Fred doesn't seem to understand that we need stability to build a good team that is capable of challenging the top 4...Giving the job to Souness 3 years ago after such a successful era with Robson was the mistake everyone new we were making except him...All that back fired and then we ended up with another stop gap manager. Again Fat Fred didn't cross his small mind that a stop gab manager is not someone you should employ if you are looking for stability...