Inside the mind of Shepherd...... Will he go for Sam, Glenn or Sven Adult Books?

Guest graemeh72

Guest graemeh72

An Allardyce approach is obviously an option running through Shepherds head, if for no other reason than a) he offered him the job before and b) he's available.

The fact that Roeder is heading for our lowest Prem points total must be making Shepherd think even harder...

So what are Shepherds options; currently he has two (I'm writing off Sven as tabloid tittle tattle (well the Times is a tabloid now))

1) Keep Roeder

Well Roeder is Shepherds man, his appointment - the appointment that Shepherd admitted he had to get right.

Shepherd so far has done the right thing in backing his manager's strategy over the past 12 months; he's bought into the plan of rebuilding the football club, scouting network and youth development. However, Roeder has been blessed with absolutely no luck whatsoever and on top of that is struggling in with the 1st team and results.

Shepherd would then have to financially back Roeder in the market this summer with a minimum of £10-15 million to even start at rebuilding the defence.

The plan being that a new defence and relatively injury free season will propel the club into top 6 and gather momentum again.

Sticking with Roeder is the honourable thing, of which Shepherd incidentally has very little, but the risk is that Roeder doesn't get the club into Europe at the end of 2007/8...

In addition, most fans know that if the non -Europe scenario comes close to reality Shepherd would pull the trigger on Roeder; so how many games would Shepherd give Roeder, 6? Christmas, Easter.

Failure next season after 10 games could possibly set the club back until 2009/2010 (based on 2007/8 being a failure, 2008/9 rebuild and 2009/10 being Euro qualification)

Alternatively, will Shepherd act before then?

2) Sack Roeder, Appoint Allardyce

Allardyce, the ex Sunderland man who has turned down the Newcastle job before on the basis that he wouldn't work with Shearer, a current player at the time.

Shepherd must be thinking “which of the two has the better chance of a) getting the club into Europe and b ultimately winning something?”

Sam "Prozone" Allardyce might very well be Shepherd answer. The results man who can get the best out of a misfiring bunch and take the club to UEFA / CL football.

Shepherd wanted Allardyce a few years ago, so he probably still fancies him… or does he

What we don’t know is … Did Allardyce decline the job gracefully or did Shepherd and Allardyce have harsh words over Shearers involvement?

... We may be about to find out

Mnd you I wonder what would happen if Allardyce was given the job,was a success and then the FA knocked on the door?

On purely speculative conspiracy tip, we know

... That Allardyce resigned to Gartside 2 weeks ago

….. That Newcastle’s share price took a surprising upturn last week

….. Hhmmm 1+1 = 6 ….maybe …maybe not

Fancy sharing any of them and perhaps contributing?

It is pointless trying to second guess Shepherd. I'm glad you are now entertaining the possibility that Roeder might not be worth persisting with, but I think that that is the only thing most of us can dare to agree on. Yes, Sam is an option, but I have no idea of the availibility of his backroom staff, the extent of the shadow of that bung probe, his personal reasons for his departure, the £5 million compo deal Gartside is banging on about, or any number of things. So to idly speculate that he is A) available, and B) our best option, when we know so little is a tad difficult.

If Shepherd also agrees that (unlike Roeder) good managers make it difficult to sack them and that there is no point persisting with people for the sake of stability, then hopefully he will be finding out all these things, entertaining other possible candidates, and making a clear headed and informed decision. Not that I have much faith in him to do that, but he is the only one who can.

Sorry I'm not being more helpful. Hate mornings, especially after games like that. :blush: :D

Guest thenorthumbrian

f*** knows what the fat man is thinking but I hope he can look beyond just two options. There are other managers than Alladyce out there and a thousand other scenarios.

Whoever is manager next year I would hate it to be Roeder or Allardyce.

Surely there are better options if not at home then in Europe ?

They are alot of managers that we could try and attract but atm i think if Shepherd is thinking about sacking Roeder that would be only with Allardyce.

Its hard to tell what he is thinking but i hope that he sees that Roeder is not getting results and that we are playing like crap.That comapred with the fact that Big Sam is free might push Shepherd to act

Guest SLK

The fat one will go for Sam but not before we finish our remaining games...Finishing at best in 12 position will give Fred enough reasons to get shot of Roeder...Mark my words on this...Sam will be our manager after the end of this season and before the start of next season...

The fat one will go for Sam but not before we finish our remaining games...Finishing at best in 12 position will give Fred enough reasons to get shot of Roeder...Mark my words on this...Sam will be our manager after the end of this season and before the start of next season...

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

Shepherd so far has done the right thing in backing his manager's strategy over the past 12 months; he's bought into the plan of rebuilding the football club, scouting network and youth development.

I'm gonna have to pick you up on this, I'm afraid.  This business of Roeder rebuilding the club, scouting network, and youth development. 

This is a man who has lost a first team coach and a fitness coach this season (neither have been replaced) and who is getting by in their stead with a coaching team that includes Lee Clark and Terry McDermott. 

This is a man who when invited by Boca Juniors to come and run the rule over some of their young talent, opted to send Lee Clark.  I wouldn't send Lee Clark to read their fucking meter.

I have a horrible feeling that Glenn Roeder's ideas of a professional setup for NUFC are a million miles away from your average intelligent human being's.

This is a man who when invited by Boca Juniors to come and run the rule over some of their young talent, opted to send Lee Clark.  I wouldn't send Lee Clark to read their fucking meter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shepherd so far has done the right thing in backing his manager's strategy over the past 12 months; he's bought into the plan of rebuilding the football club, scouting network and youth development.

I'm gonna have to pick you up on this, I'm afraid.  This business of Roeder rebuilding the club, scouting network, and youth development. 

This is a man who has lost a first team coach and a fitness coach this season (neither have been replaced) and who is getting by in their stead with a coaching team that includes Lee Clark and Terry McDermott. 

I have a horrible feeling that Glenn Roeder's ideas of a professional setup for NUFC are a million miles away from your average intelligent human being's.

Old G72 loves the Glenda though.... blueyes.gif

Guest Jonny4Toon

Tell you what lets solve the biggest problem the club has had for years now - sack the boards - bunch of money-greedy cunt bitch fuck heads

This is a man who when invited by Boca Juniors to come and run the rule over some of their young talent, opted to send Lee Clark.  I wouldn't send Lee Clark to read their f****** meter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's right though.

To be honest though i don't know why Clarkie gets so much shit on here. He's a young coach starting out. He might well turn out to be a good one. Its not his fault our coaching setup is a joke. Its fuckin ridiculous he's being used as a scout. People probably wouldn't even have a problem with him being a coach if it wasn't for the rest of the coaching setup. I can see why people have a problem with the likes of McDermott having a coaching job though. I think if we get a good manager in then you might see Clark stay at the club as a coach (although probably not as reserve team manager), but McDermott will be gone as well as Pearson and probably most of the medical team.

The only thing running through Shepherds head is the wax which flows from one ear to the other when he tilts his head, he's got nowt between his lugs.

"Inside the mind of Shepherd........ Will he go for Sam or Glenn? "

"Pies,Pies,Pies,Pies,Shares,Shares,Shares,Pies,Pies,Pies,who Roeder who?.Pies,Pies,Pies,wank,Pies,Pies,Pies, my money, my money,my money,my money,club money oh is my money,pPies,Pies,Pies,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"Inside the mind of Shepherd........ Will he go for Sam or Glenn? "

"Pies,Pies,Pies,Pies,Shares,Shares,Shares,Pies,Pies,Pies,who Roeder who?.Pies,Pies,Pies,w***,Pies,Pies,Pies, my money, my money,my money,my money,club money oh is my money,pPies,Pies,Pies,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD CHIPSSS :D

Guest Shibby

Gawd! I feckin' hate Roeder and I don't like Sam!

I hope Sheapard isn't so narrow minded as two look at only the two of them There are (I'm sure) more quality managers out there. I say go continental and get someone like Benitez! Look how he has transformed Liverpool?

Or maybe we could go for Morinho? He may whine a bit but there is no doubt of his quality. Tell Morinho that if he can make us a success, no one would ever dare say he's crap again! And he would be a Geordie legend forever! I'm sure he will be up for the challenge.

Guest Gemmill

Gawd! I feckin' hate Roeder and I don't like Sam!

I hope Sheapard isn't so narrow minded as two look at only the two of them There are (I'm sure) more quality managers out there. I say go continental and get someone like Benitez! Look how he has transformed Liverpool?

Or maybe we could go for Morinho? He may whine a bit but there is no doubt of his quality. Tell Morinho that if he can make us a success, no one would ever dare say he's crap again! And he would be a Geordie legend forever! I'm sure he will be up for the challenge.

This post isn't serious, is it?

We've played this game before and then he appointed Souness.  And paid Blackburn for the privilege.  There's no point in trying to second guess Shepherd.  Judging by past appointments he'll put off making a decision as long as possible.

SAM ALLARDYCE is being lined up to take on one of the biggest challenges in football - to turn Newcastle United from being nearly men to trophy winners.

Allardyce quit as Bolton boss last week but his spell out of work could be brief with middle-men working on his options for a return this summer.

Newcastle, after a nondescript season punctuated by injury problems, are believed to be interested again in Allardyce.

One source close to the club told me: "The Geordies would love Big Sam's belligerent style and no-nonsense approach.

"That would go down well here so it's watch this space."

Newcastle were close to appointing him three years ago after Sir Bobby Robson's exit but the bid was aborted when it came clear Bolton had a £2million compensation clause protecting their boss.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside suggested on Monday the had provisions to extend their protection, even after Allardyce's resignation.

"He's going to turn up somewhere," said Gartside.

"He has two and a half years left on his contract. We have a compromise agreement in place that covers his resignation from this job."

Allardyce has tried to engineer his release from that clause and, if he is successful, will be particularly attractive to Newcastle.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/5968

Alot of papers seem certain that he'll end up at Newcastle this Summer.

Guest magpies_rawk

the sun today cliams glenn will be sacked, and we are confident of landing sam

and you believe the Sun?