Inside the mind of Shepherd...... Will he go for Sam, Glenn or Sven Adult Books?

Guest graemeh72

I really hope he does come to us, it would be nice to start a season properly for a change rather than expecting to have the season written off after 7-10 games. I don't particularly like him but I think he would sort a hell of a lot out.

It depresses the hell out me to be honest  if I think about the new season with Roeder in charge!  :(

Allardyce was never my favourite choice to take over but given the position we are now in, I think he would be a very good shout.  I doubt Shepherd will do it, christ when was the last positive footballing decision by the tw*t??

the sun today cliams glenn will be sacked, and we are confident of landing sam

and you believe the Sun?

Well it hasn't come out or Northern Gimps mouth so i doubt its true, friends everywhere etc... :cheesy:

Guest Magnetic North

The Sun today:

A *Toon source admitted: “Freddy isn’t being very forthcoming about Glenn’s future or any potential transfer budget and admits Sam’s availability has changed things. “Something could be happening very soon.”

* For “Toon” read “Sun”.

I find it quite strange that niether Alladyce or FS has squashed this rumour. FS is normally quick to deny these type of rumours but the fact that he's very quiet has given me a bit of hope to hang on to. Im suprised there hasnt been a few people on here claiming to be know something.

Does anyone know if its true that Newcastle have the right to review Roeders contract at the end of the season?

Guest b0f

Sven's been on Talksport saying he'd take a job in the Premiership. Two pretty good managers now available, Fred.

If we go on the basis that the Times is usually fairly reliable (Martins) then that could be a good shout.

I'm not convinced on either Sven or Allardyce, but given I am sure Roeder is not the answer and I have to make a choice on the other two the it's big Sam if only for the transformation he would make to the overall operation of the club with his 'modern' ideas.

Guest Knightrider

Long giving up trying to second guess FS or NUFC tbh so will just keep those fingers crossed the Fat Man for once, sees some sense and acts accordingly.

Long giving up trying to second guess FS or NUFC tbh so will just keep those fingers crossed the Fat Man for once, sees some sense and acts accordingly.

well he has to come good for once doesn't he????

for the love all god we all hope so.

If we don't go all out to get Allardyce and keep Roeder in charge, I worry about our immediate future.  I can't help feeling this is a critical point in NUFC's history.  Stick with Roeder and we're virtually guaranteed mid-table mediocrity for another season or two.  All this while the top 4-6 teams continue to rake in the cash from Europe/TV/league positions above us and strengthen their positions.

Allardyce seems to be the sort of manager who gets more out of the players than can usually be expected - to be honest I'd be happy if he got just a few fleeting moments of passion, commitment and the ability to string a few passes together from the bunch of disaffected millionaires masquerading as sportsmen who play in our colours. 

Folks have their doubts about his tactics, but we've been served up some absolutely dreadful pub-team football over the last few years - Allardyce can surely improve on the rubbish we've seen so many times this season.