SSN at it again with Owen

Skirge

See how they are trying to make out yet again as if the only thing on Owens mind is England, yet in the interview they ask him so he answers and says nothign at all about it being the only thing he wnats.

All he said is how its upto Mclarren and how much he loves playing for his Country, they just love trying to prove that he does not care about playing for Newcastle.

Yet SSN site has this headline

Owen eyes England return

Michael Owen has revealed he would 'jump at the chance' of featuring for England this summer, after making his comeback for Newcastle on Monday.

The striker came through a full 90 minutes on his first outing since suffering a serious knee injury on England duty at last summer's World Cup.

Owen claims he has worked extremely hard on his fitness and after coming through the 1-0 defeat to Reading unscathed, focus has shifted to England's friendly with Brazil on 1st June.

"I'm hopefully going to be fine to be playing in the last two games for Newcastle and then it's down to whether Steve McClaren picks me," Owen told Sky Sports News.

"And if I'm fit and playing for Newcastle, obviously I'd jump at the chance to play for my country. Its a fantastic honour."

The 27-year-old claims he is starting his career again and insists he feels far stronger than before he suffered cruciate knee ligament damage against Sweden.

"When you have an injury like this you get to start again, you get a clean sheet of paper," he added. "We've built up everything, I weigh a stone heavier now than when I got injured and none of it is fat I can assure you.

"Now you get to start over again. I feel a massive difference from when I last played, I feel as though I can use my body and be strong and win a lot of headers.

"I felt a different type of player. I felt really well."

I hate all this b*llocks where Newcastle fans think, "what about little old us before England". This time last year, the press were exactly the same about a Man U player, Rooney. They didn't give a sh*t about him being fit for Man Utd, etc. all they gave a flying fig about was him being fit for England in the summer. No different to how they treat Owen tbh.

Even on SSN we get "Coming up Owen gives England boost"

then they show the interview where he is asked out right about it, and all he does is answer thier questons, yet they try to make out like he went out of his way to mention playing for England.

Some fans will slate him for it, yet he has said nothing wrong.

I hate all this b*llocks where Newcastle fans think, "what about little old us before England". This time last year, the press were exactly the same about a Man U player, Rooney. They didn't give a sh*t about him being fit for Man Utd, etc. all they gave a flying fig about was him being fit for England in the summer. No different to how they treat Owen tbh.

Exactly. Fact is pretty much everyone who watches SSN will support England, but very few will give a fuck about Newcastle. It's the logical thing for them to broadcast; I'd imagine not much of the audience really cares whether or not he'll complete the full 90 against Blackburn and/or Watford.

Guest smoggeordie

Except rooney wants to be at Manure and Owen would be off at the first opportunity.

Guest smoggeordie

Except rooney wants to be at Manure and Owen would be off at the first opportunity.

Did you hear him say that in the interview? I must of being watching the wrong channel.

Aye. Think it was along the lines of "If the Liverpool deal could have happened, it probably would have". When we first signed him.