Spurs after Messi !!!!!

Guest Emre05

Guest Emre05

According to reports from the continent, Tottenham are prepared to pay £70m for a world superstar.

The player in question is Lionel Messi, but there maybe competition from Inter Milan.

Inter Milan supremo Massimo Moratti admitted his admiration for the Argentinian during the last transfer window: Everyone is now talking about how I am supposedly crazy about signing Messi.

The reality is that I spoke well of him two years ago when he made his debut for the Argentine Under-21 side.

We havent had the slightest of contact with him since then.

It is true that I admire him and I think he is a great player, but we do not have the need for him at this moment.

Spurs intend to finance the £70m deal over 5 year, with £20m payable upfront followed by four yearly instalments of £10m, plus £10m based on appearances. !!!!! :idiot2:

edit : taken from Spurs site

Oh lordy

Even if this story did have a ounce of truth about it, Messi has already said he's not interested in joining Inter, so I guess it's natural he'll go to Spurs.

Speaking of Spurs, how is it that they're allowed to change their kits for next season? The next kit is just for 2007/2008 season and it has something to do with their 125th anniversary, but they changed their kit for this season and if I'm not mistaken they changed it for the previous one too!

Speaking of Spurs, how is it that they're allowed to change their kits for next season? The next kit is just for 2007/2008 season and it has something to do with their 125th anniversary, but they changed their kit for this season and if I'm not mistaken they changed it for the previous one too!

They can change it when they like. Boro change theirs every year.

They can change it when they like. Boro change theirs every year.

Boro play music when they score so that doesn't say much...

I've always thought you could change the away strip as often as you like while you're only allowed to change the home strip once every two years

Fuck me and I thought Spurs had been linked to everyone already! No doubt on GG chat they are discussing how they will fit Messi, Jenas, Huddlestone, Keane and Berbatov in the same team! :lol:

Gemmill after Angelina Jolie !!!!!

More chance of that happening than Spurs geting Messi. :D

mackems.gif

Skirge for manager

;D ;D ;D ;D The original post is the most incredible thing in the history of sports journalism.  The thing Spurs fans could probably see it happening.  Stick to signing Kevin Scott and Andy Sinton you cockney wanks.

lol. joan laporta would be ousted as  president of fcb if this happened

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

The best player Spurs will ever sign, is a past his best Jurgen Klinsmann

Guest kingdawson

According to reports from the continent, Tottenham are prepared to pay £70m for a world superstar.

The player in question is Lionel Messi, but there maybe competition from Inter Milan.

Inter Milan supremo Massimo Moratti admitted his admiration for the Argentinian during the last transfer window: Everyone is now talking about how I am supposedly crazy about signing Messi.

The reality is that I spoke well of him two years ago when he made his debut for the Argentine Under-21 side.

It is true that I admire him and I think he is a great player, but we do not have the need for him at this moment.

Spurs intend to finance the £70m deal over 5 year, with £20m payable upfront followed by four yearly instalments of £10m, plus £10m based on appearances. !!!!! :idiot2:

what spurs site is this then?

Guest teepee

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

absolutely fantastic - this is the dummest rumour i've heard for seasons  :clap:

It was an article from fansfc at the end of last week.  Our entire bloody squad didn't cost £70m and they think we're going to spunk that sort of money on one player! :rolleyes:

The source says it all really.

Guest kingdawson

It was an article from fansfc at the end of last week.  Our entire bloody squad didn't cost £70m and they think we're going to spunk that sort of money on one player! :rolleyes:

The source says it all really.

Exactly and the lame threadstarter is going on about it being from "the spurs site".

Not being launched until 12 May but the details have already been uploaded onto the Official site.

Picture is here and I don't like it!

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/shop/shop_product_f_personalised.html?pno=MHSS07&code=HOME&bcode=&WT.svl=PUMA%20REPLICA%20KIT%202006/2007&par=REP&parsub=