Sibierski

Cajun

Sorry if this has already been talked about but does anyone know what happened to Sibierski? They said he had been taken to hospital with a suspected broken arm but I havent heard anything since...

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1018915,00.html

Toon Two Facing Season KO

GLENN Roeder admits he doesn't expect to have Antoine Sibierski and Emre fit for the season's finale as Newcastle United suffered yet more cruel luck on the injury front in the 1-0 loss at Reading.

It should have been a happy occasion for the Toon boss as he welcomed back strikers Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi from long-term rehab at the Madejski Stadium.

But instead he left Berkshire counting the cost of yet more fitness problems as Sibierski suffered a broken arm and Emre a nasty ankle injury that Glenn feels will surely keep them out of the remaining games against Blackburn Rovers and Watford.

He said: "We picked up two bad injuries on the night. It looks like Antoine Sibierski has broken his arm and Emre has a bad ankle injury so I don't think either will play again this season.

"It just sums up what an incredible season we've had with injuries. I don't think anyone could legislate for that.

"For six or seven months of the season, the team of players I had missing might have been able to beat the team I was putting out on the pitch.

"With the length of the injury list we had we did as well as we could, so to get players back tonight and then lose a couple more just sums things up."

With Scott Parker, Nicky Butt (both ankle) and Shay Given (groin) missing it meant Kieron Dyer became the latest player to take over the captain's armband this season at Reading.

Glenn added: "There are so many statistics you can throw up about this season. People tell me Kieron is our fifth captain and I know we've had something like 25 different back fours.

"I never want to make excuses, I'm simply stating what are facts and statistics that show how incredible this season has been in terms of injuries.

"Nobody could legislate for what has happened to us."

Toon Two Facing Season KO

GLENN Roeder admits he doesn't expect to have Antoine Sibierski and Emre fit for the season's finale as Newcastle United suffered yet more cruel luck on the injury front in the 1-0 loss at Reading.

It should have been a happy occasion for the Toon boss as he welcomed back strikers Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi from long-term rehab at the Madejski Stadium.

But instead he left Berkshire counting the cost of yet more fitness problems as Sibierski suffered a broken arm and Emre a nasty ankle injury that Glenn feels will surely keep them out of the remaining games against Blackburn Rovers and Watford.

He said: "We picked up two bad injuries on the night. It looks like Antoine Sibierski has broken his arm and Emre has a bad ankle injury so I don't think either will play again this season.

"It just sums up what an incredible season we've had with injuries. I don't think anyone could legislate for that.

"For six or seven months of the season, the team of players I had missing might have been able to beat the team I was putting out on the pitch.

"With the length of the injury list we had we did as well as we could, so to get players back tonight and then lose a couple more just sums things up."

With Scott Parker, Nicky Butt (both ankle) and Shay Given (groin) missing it meant Kieron Dyer became the latest player to take over the captain's armband this season at Reading.

Glenn added: "There are so many statistics you can throw up about this season. People tell me Kieron is our fifth captain and I know we've had something like 25 different back fours.

"I never want to make excuses, I'm simply stating what are facts and statistics that show how incredible this season has been in terms of injuries.

"Nobody could legislate for what has happened to us."

:lol:

Guest Gemmill

"I never want to make excuses" said Roeder, after he'd got his breath back from the effort of making excuses.