Barton at it again.

Sparks

Man City ban Barton after bust-up

Manchester City have suspended Joey Barton for the rest of the season after he hit team-mate Ousmane Dabo in training, BBC Sport understands.

Dabo had to go to hospital after sustaining injuries to his mouth during the incident at Carrington on Tuesday.

Barton's agent, Willie McKay, said he had not spoken directly to the player yet, but played down the incident.

He told BBC Sport: "As far as I've heard, he was defending himself. But because it is Joey it makes headlines."

McKay added: "It happens on training grounds all over the country, from Chelsea to Yeovil."

City are currently refusing to confirm the identity of the player who has been suspended.

A club statement read: "We can confirm that a player has been suspended pending an internal investigation."

Midfielder Barton, 24, won his first England cap in the friendly against Spain at Old Trafford in February.

Little birdie tells me its much worse than that article suggests. Apparently Barton had him in headlock, and kept on giving him a right twatting until he was unconcious. Unless it comes out that it was actually self defence, its probably the end of his City career, and the end of any chances of getting a decent move.

Little birdie tells me its much worse than that article suggests. Apparently Barton had him in headlock, and kept on giving him a right twatting until he was unconcious. Unless it comes out that it was actually self defence, its probably the end of his City career, and the end of any chances of getting a decent move.

Must have been quite serious if he had to go to hospital because the club doctor couldn't sort it out.

He is a total t*** but he will still get away with it all when Big Sam takes over there, he did after all put up with Diouf at Bolton..

Aye, this being my main gripe about Allardyce. As well as him being a small club manager and arrogant with it.

I would still have Barton here like. If he sorted out his attitude he would be a top midfielder in this country. Needs a propa kick up the arse like.

He is a total t*** but he will still get away with it all when Big Sam takes over there, he did after all put up with Diouf at Bolton..

Aye, this being my main gripe about Allardyce. As well as him being a small club manager and arrogant with it.

We would have handled wonderboy Bellamy better.

He is a small club manager but that small club are going to be playing in Europe next season and because of Allardyce are on a lot more stable ground than us despite him having to build a squad with shirt buttons.

His team-mates not do anything to stop him like?

Meanwhile, on every other club's board right now ...

"That Barton's done it again, what a twat"

"Yeah, but I'd have him"

"Yeah so would I"

etc etc

I think he is a good player but I would settle for the safer option of Sidwell. Doubt his team mates are too excited about going into "work" with that nutcase.. Must have take a hit on morale.

Meanwhile, on every other club's board right now ...

"That Barton's done it again, what a t***"

"Yeah, but I'd have him"

"Yeah so would I"

etc etc

I think he is a good player but I would settle for the safer option of Sidwell. Doubt his team mates are too excited about going into "work" with that nutcase.. Must have take a hit on morale.

100% agree, much much much rather have Sidwell, to that fkn nutter!!

If its one player who has been suspended and that player is Barton then I don't see how he could have been "defending himself"

Still think we should sign this "reformed character", do you mate?

Think Jon's put the Indian sign on him since that comment... or he was just wrong :laugh:

No because he is obviously still a twat like your hunchback boyfriend.

If its one player who has been suspended and that player is Barton then I don't see how he could have been "defending himself"

Still think we should sign this "reformed character", do you mate?

Think Jon's put the Indian sign on him since that comment... or he was just wrong :laugh:

bluelaugh.gif

I would still have Barton here like. If he sorted out his attitude he would be a top midfielder in this country. Needs a propa kick up the arse like.

cannot teach an old dog new tricks ,leapord cannot change its spots .a crazy mixed up kid that barton

On a Citeh forum, a fella at the training ground said:

"he fvcked up dabo, headlock twatted him loads til he was out cold, blood everywhere :("

Pretty well what the good doc said, maybe he was there?

Saw the headline BARTON AXED on the news and thought his racist brother was out & about. But it seems it was Joey pulverising some black player. To be fair to Joey I don't think he is a racist thug, he is more of your brainless thug type.

You know for a fact when this stuff happens the line comes out about happening everywhere,  I think this is bollox. I very much doubt wor training ground AKA HAMSTRING HELL is also blood bath because Nobby whacking people with his haymaker.