The weather

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

At the end of the day it’s a fence. If he’s so desperate to get it up, tell him to pay for it and bill you later. 

Or set fire to the cunt and charge him for clearing the snow. 

In all seriousness, glad you’re feeling better about it Mandoon.

My neighbour has been great about all the tiles in her garden and informed me of more damage to my roof/guttering/chimney. We’ll clean it all up once I come out of isolation next week. 

Edited by HTT II

42 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah feel much more calm, thanks to the advice from everyone. I think its the case where it was like I was on the verge with a million things and then this, and it was just like the final thing to break me. I’m trying to just not let it dominate my thinking.

Glad to hear it. I've been out today to take my son to his birthday party, its a 10 min car journey and we seen 4 trees in peoples houses. The rest of the destruction isn't even worth reporting when you see things like that 30 seconds from your own house. So a bit of perspective given to me today, which is always needed for myself when shit like this happens. Even the dent in my car looks smaller today :lol:

I haven't got a clue WTF i'd be doing but if someone does and is willing to tell us what needs doing i'm a willing pair of hands to help you repair it.

ManDoon, general rule is that if the posts are on your side then you own the fence. You need to check the deeds to be sure.

That said a lot of people will share the cost (if they can). If it’s just the posts, you can replace them and use post cement to secure them, salvage and reuse the panels. 👍

Got a light covering of a snow, but a heavy frost in outer west (NE15), but working from home today anyway, so I'm glad I don't have to venture out.

We have come through the weekend storm ok too, with no apparent roof damage. Though some neighbours appear to have slipped and/or missing roof/ridge tiles.

11 minutes ago, ste_ne24 said:

Well that was the most terrifying cycle into work this morning. 2 miles of sheet ice. It's fucking lethal.

Cycle? You're brave. Usually takes me less than ten minutes to walk up to the metro and this morning it took just shy of half an hour. Pavements are horrific. 

Still not got owt fixed. Can't get a roofer or fencer out, mind don't blame them. Licence to print money and the weather causing additional complications and was supposed to go get quotes for the car today at the very least but i'm iced in. Last time i attempted to take it out in this weather i beached it in my street and blocked the road for 2 hours. So cba to relive that stress on top of everything else. 

37 minutes ago, deejeck said:

Cycle? You're brave. Usually takes me less than ten minutes to walk up to the metro and this morning it took just shy of half an hour. Pavements are horrific. 

Aye, it wasn't the greatest. Just tried to stick to the grass as much as possible. If anyone is familiar with Blyth my route is over the Bella Heap. Heard a thud behind me and there's a kid lying on the floor next to the bridge [emoji38] 

On 27/11/2021 at 22:35, ManDoon said:

QCjDjrM.jpg

can someone advise me on this? Man I don’t have the money, I’m struggling to buy food rn. I can’t afford this. I can’t 

I don't see how he can put the onus on you, "The neighbour the other side told me to pay for that fence so I'm telling you to pay for that one", sounds like eh just took his neighbour's word for it.  Never mind "If you have any documentation that says otherwise" where's his documentation saying it's your problem?

If you want to buy some time point out it's difficult to get a fence repair guy at the moment because of high demand, and that concrete doesn't set properly in freezing weather so if you do it now it might fall down again.

24 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Wife's aunt and family have just got back from a weekend in London to find their garden in Boldon basically completely destroyed.

Must feel like you've won the lottery if you've got a fencing business.

I've lived in Boldon all my life and never seen anything like the devastation round here. Gable ends down on a couple of houses, all the wood fascia stripped off a house and fallen on a car round the corner from me, trees fallen onto houses and, in one case, onto power lines. Makes my one ridge tile off and two fences down quite insignificant.

wJ6h8qKq_o.jpeg

One of the three trees that came down over lane out of where I was staying in the lakes this weekend. Phone lines and mobile reception totally wiped out. Was only 60-70 over there n all. Reports that someone was killed by a falling tree too.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

wJ6h8qKq_o.jpeg

One of the three trees that came down over lane out of where I was staying

in the lakes this weekend. Phone lines and mobile reception totally wiped out. Was only 60-70 over there n all. Reports that someone was killed by a falling tree too.

Nice photo mind. Like how youve really brought out the colour in a natural disaster. 👍

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

Nice photo mind. Like how youve really brought out the colour in a natural disaster. 👍

I'm on the western lakes, and we have a big 70ft pine tree in our garden and 5 or 6 bigger ones on the boundary, so I wasn't looking forward to the storm.

But as I've said, the worst we got was it cleared some of the moss off the tiles.