Do you become cynical when supporting Newcastle?

jezper

just watched the liverpool game with a couple of mates who support the reds. as much as i would like to be happy for my friends after an amazing game, i just feel bitter and jealous. it drives me insane to see other teams achieve things like that when every season is depressing as hell from a newcastle perspective.

does anyone feel the same thing or am i just getting old and cynical?  :idiot2:

just watched the liverpool game with a couple of mates who support the reds. as much as i would like to be happy for my friends after an amazing game, i just feel bitter and jealous. it drives me insane to see other teams achieve things like that when every season is depressing as hell from a newcastle perspective.

Yeah it boils my piss

Whenever I watch a Man u or Bin dippers match at home they always win or do something spawny

They have got to be the spawniest sides in the world

i wanted chelsea to win as their fans aren't as much a bunch of up their own arses fuckwits as the liverpool fans.

i am now in the unenviable position of wanting man u to win tomorrow as they have the best chance of beating liverpool in the final.

Yeah I have mates who are liverpool chelsea man u fans & they cheer and take the piss for a bit but its forgotten the next day. I'd kill for what they get to experiance, they don't appreciate it at all.

It reminded me of what it used to be like when we could pass a ball and win a header. The more I watch the top 4 lately the more I realise just how shite we have become. Not the players as much as they all used to be capable of playing well before the training they have had this year.

It reminded me of what it used to be like when we could pass a ball and win a header. The more I watch the top 4 lately the more I realise just how shite we have become.

Indeed. Watching ManU twice in the space of 4 days before last night's game was not a good idea in retrospect.

Of course, you watch our brain dead manager and the 11 cunts failing every week to produce anything that looks like football, then you go to see teams you don't support play world class, fantastic football, so its ok to feel a bit bitter, but at least we are more loyal fans to our team more then they will ever be.

Guest BooBoo

Of course its easy to get an atmosphere for a European Cup semi final, but it made me think when was the last time we had a really electric atmosphere at St James'. It says a lot when the best atmosphere for a helluva long time has been Shearer's testimonial. There's too many people at Newcastle home games(and i include myself in this) who have accepted our fate and have simply tired of trying to get (this particular) side going. Maybe the kids and the Toon Ultras have a good ideal at heart but under the current climate and i can see it remaining a minority group.

You are not alone.

I hate watching the smug gets. They havent a clue how easy it is to be a Liverpool fan.

And to make matters worst, they are one of the worst teams to watch. Fucking horrible

Being a Newcastle fan certainly gets you on the road to a career in cynicism, but regularly coming on here gives you your diploma and doctorate.

Blow?

Ive got to the point where I begrudge every English team any success in Europe and if its two English teams then I always choose the lesser of the two evils.

I am so jealous of the top four its unreal, every time I witness one of their latest trophy successes it just compounds my mood and jealousy even more and it even got to the point where I lost my rag at work on Saturday.

There was a Mackem and a Man U fan (from Birmingham) wanting me to justify to them why Shearer is a Newcastle legend cause he 'hasnt won anything' for us. 

I eventually lost the plot and had right go at the Man U fan saying 'You call yourself a Man U fan??,  for a start you're from Birmingham....... and they are playing in their biggest game of the season, on the verge of winning the title and you are sat here at fcukin work when you should be at Goodison or at the very least off work and watching it on the telly!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I am enjoying this trophy foreplay Newcastle United are playing with me, because the day we win the League cup, the parties & people on the streets will outstrip nations that win the world cup, G14 clubs that win the Champions League & may even beat one of the many open top bus tours wearside has seen because of there 15 promotions to premiership in the last 6 years.

Ive got to the point where I begrudge every English team any success in Europe and if its two English teams then I always choose the lesser of the two evils.

I am so jealous of the top four its unreal, every time I witness one of their latest trophy successes it just compounds my mood and jealousy even more and it even got to the point where I lost my rag at work on Saturday.

There was a Mackem and a Man U fan (from Birmingham) wanting me to justify to them why Shearer is a Newcastle legend cause he 'hasnt won anything' for us. 

I eventually lost the plot and had right go at the Man U fan saying 'You call yourself a Man U fan??,  for a start you're from Birmingham....... and they are playing in their biggest game of the season, on the verge of winning the title and you are sat here at fcukin work when you should be at Goodison or at the very least off work and watching it on the telly!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff:

I'm the same. Lad at work who I'm actually good mates with is murder when Man Utd are playing, keeps asking ME what the fucking score is! I was the only one who kept him up to date with the Everton game on Saturday, didn't bother finding out himself, I'd have been bloody ill with nerves if the shoe were on the other foot.

He's from York, he's not been to Old Trafford for four years at least "because he's been at uni up here and it's too far to get to" - soon shuts up when I tell him I've been twice in that time!

For some reason, I always want Arsenal to do well in anything they play in (think it's probably cos I don't know any Arsenal fans), but the rest of them, ugh. It's the old "supporting English clubs in Europe" debate again. I'm insanely jealous of them, particularly in Europe, and there's no way I want them flaunting their fucking trophies or their "6 times" or their trebles at me, they can all burn as far as I'm concerned.