Tonight's Chronicle stories.

Optimistic Nut

Ramage linked to Wolves on loan.

Campbell linked to us.

Martins linked to Valencia for £15m.

Personally wouldn't shed a tear if those three came off.

I wonder where Oliver gets this bollocks from?  At the moment it's quite possible someone else will be calling the shots by the end of the season....

Valencia seem to still be pretty keen on Oba ... methinks Villa is on his way.

Campbell would be a good replacement for Moore, as we need at least one experienced defender to teach the young uns the ropes.

As for Ramage, it would be a good move we need to see him week in and week out as a central defender. i fhe comes good he can come back and be a squad player for us and if not we can flog him to a championship side.

I love Martins, especially as a fellow Nigerian who has followed him closely his whole career. What is funny to me is that we haven't even seen him at anywhere near his best yet and still he's scored 17 goals. He is still a bit to anxious and eager to please as he is going way too fast at the moment instead of taking his time to gather himself. He will be at least twice the player he is as he gets more relaxed out there and he is no longer the new guy.

Having said all that though. I guess if we can move him for a healthy profit which £15 million would be and secure Darren Bent I would not complain I guess. I would still miss the little fella though ...

Guest magpies_rawk

classic anal oliver...

"The bottom line is that Dyer will remain a United player next season because he would be unlikely to pass any medical in a big-money move because of the medical condition which has made him vulnerable to so much hamstring trouble in the past."

and more shameless propaganda....

"Taylor has come on leaps on bounds in recent months, something which is testimony to the work Roeder and his coaching staff have put in and the desire of the player himself to wear his beloved black-and-white shirt with so much pride."

Guest Sniffer

If valencia get 50 mill or more for villa I'd hold out for closer to 20 mill. then do the deal in a heartbeat.

I agree, but we would need to have a replacement deal done first or their price would shoot up for the same reasons.

What is the deal with Tevez? Do West Ham own him outright now and if so how much did they pay for him?

Guest Toon83

Selling Martins would be a huge step in the wrong direction for us, without the little nigerian we would have been relegated this season.

Who else would have scored the goals with Owen injured? knowone is the answer and we would be staring at relegation right now.

Campbell i would take straight away but why would he leave European football (if portsmouth qualify) to come and play for a useless manager and no european football.

Ramage should be loaned out to toughen him up and raise his awareness in the lower leagues.

Guest smoggeordie

Selling Martins would be a huge step in the wrong direction for us, without the little nigerian we would have been relegated this season.

Who else would have scored the goals with Owen injured? knowone is the answer and we would be staring at relegation right now.

Campbell i would take straight away but why would he leave European football (if portsmouth qualify) to come and play for a useless manager and no european football.

Ramage should be loaned out to toughen him up and raise his awareness in the lower leagues.

Who's "knowone"? :lol:

Ittakesoneto's mate?

Guest Toon83

I meant we dont have anyone that could have scored the goals that Oba has scored this season  :knuppel2:

Guest SwissMagpie

i would just love it if Sidwell won't come to us,as for the last three weeks every article that Anal writes he declares that "Sidwell moving to us is the worst kept secret".

i wont be surprise if this Cunt will write that "Sidwell moving to us is pie in the sky" after he will move to Everton ......

£15m in for Martins, £10m out for Crouch/Zigic? Snap their hands off.

I suppose £15m for a 32 year old would be good business..... ;)

He isn't 32 FFS!!

29!

If we sell Oba I will do my nutt, fred will not be safe unless he fks off to the moon to live....

So if Martins went for £15m, then the next week, in came Bridge, Crouch, Distin & Campbell for the same price, you'd do your nut?

Guest toonbaz

also from the chronicle, roeder explains why dyer was made captain.

Roeder said today: "I made Kieron Dyer captain for purely motivational reasons, and when I told him his eyes lit up and it was a special moment for him.

"I thought he carried off the responsibility of being captain very well, even though a couple of vital aspects of the game went against him.

If we sell Oba I will do my nutt, fred will not be safe unless he fks off to the moon to live....

So if Martins went for £15m, then the next week, in came Bridge, Crouch, Distin & Campbell for the same price, you'd do your nut?

Yes because that would suggest we do not have £15 mill to spend without selling a player.

Buy all of the above for £15 mill and keep Martins I would be very happy indeed. Sell Luque and let Carroll go out on loan, but most of all KEEP MARTINS!!

"I thought he carried off the responsibility of being captain very well, even though a couple of vital aspects of the game went against him.

Quite incredible bullsh*t - vital aspects? Like having to pass, tackle and shoot?

Yes because that would suggest we do not have £15 mill to spend without selling a player.

Buy all of the above for £15 mill and keep Martins I would be very happy indeed. Sell Luque and let Carroll go out on loan, but most of all KEEP MARTINS!!

Might be the reality though. Just out of interest though. If we did sign those 4 and keep Martins, what would be your first-choice XI?

Might be the reality though. Just out of interest though. If we did sign those 4 and keep Martins, what would be your first-choice XI?

Its a tough one but its not always about the first 11, we have sufferd to much with that kind of squad, injuries hit us and all of a sudden we are using reserve team players. Its about time we had strength in depth..

But I would go with

-----------------------Given

Nobby-----Campbell-------Distin-------Bridge

Milner-------Parker--------Sidwell?-----Duff

--------------Owen-------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Emre

Dyer

Crouch

Guest optimistic nit

you think 15mill for martins is overpriced by 10mill for crouch isn't?