Chris Coleman

Benwell Lad

Sadly, despite supporting his appointment I no longer think Glenn Roeder has the ability to move our club forward and that a more dynamic and charismatic prescence is required.

Who next ?

We must face reality and realise that the biggest names in football are no longer fighting over the Newcastle job, and anyone who has been unfortunate enough to have watched Bolton over the last few years would probably not want Sam Allardyce at SJP.

Maybe Chris Coleman would not get universal support. After all we at Newcastle might be inclined to look down our noses at a Fulham "reject".

However being realistic and looking at who's going to be available maybe Coleman would be the best choice.

Points for :-

He'd be within our budget

He generally did a good job at Fulham often in difficult circumstances

He knows the Premiership

He has wheeled and dealed pretty well under tight financial circumstances

Fulham played attractive football

The "special one" rates him very highly

He is energetic and ambitious

Maybe we could think of his time at Fulham as serving his time in management with a smaller club and now he may be ready to take on the job at a "big" club.

Guest Reading Fan

Coleman would be a big gamble......... Thats all I can say. You just never know with these things whether it would work in your favour or not. Hiring any manager is a gamble.

Guest Sniffer

It wouldn't be a gamble.

It's a certainty that we'd have another couple of years of total shite before we got rid of him. He 's no better than roeder.

Sadly, despite supporting his appointment I no longer think Glenn Roeder has the ability to move our club forward and that a more dynamic and charismatic prescence is required.

Who next ?

We must face reality and realise that the biggest names in football are no longer fighting over the Newcastle job, and anyone who has been unfortunate enough to have watched Bolton over the last few years would probably not want Sam Allardyce at SJP.

Maybe Chris Coleman would not get universal support. After all we at Newcastle might be inclined to look down our noses at a Fulham "reject".

However being realistic and looking at who's going to be available maybe Coleman would be the best choice.

Points for :-

He'd be within our budget

He generally did a good job at Fulham often in difficult circumstances

He knows the Premiership

He has wheeled and dealed pretty well under tight financial circumstances

Fulham played attractive football

The "special one" rates him very highly

He is energetic and ambitious

Maybe we could think of his time at Fulham as serving his time in management with a smaller club and now he may be ready to take on the job at a "big" club.

I'm not convinced he's much better than Roeder tbh

Guest Reading Fan

What about David O'Leary........

Did wonders with the young players at Leeds...

Newcastle have similar talent that Leeds had at the time!

Don't worry about his lack of success at Villa. Doug Ellis didn't give him any money and the Villa players were Sh*te.

Don't worry about his lack of success at Villa. Doug Ellis didn't give him any money and the Villa players were Sh*te.

:pottytrain5:

Guest Reading Fan

O'Leary is a good manager, or at least he was a good manager.

He did really well with exciting young players at Leeds. At the time he was backed financially.

Newcastle is the right type of club for O'Leary. O'Leary would fail at Bolton and Reading because he is a manager that needs money.

But he could do really well with Newcastles cheque book. You can't blame him for Leeds debts. Thats the boards fault and Ridsdales. As long as O'Leary is supported by Sheppard and as long as Freddy only gives him money that Newcastle can afford then Newcastle wouldn't go the way Leeds have gone.

I think O'Leary is actually a good suggestion!

Guest Toon83

Chris Coleman and David O'Leary are bad suggestions, would anyone seriously be happy with these two at the helm of our team?

Coleman has done nothing but steady a ship at a poor Fulham team and they now float around the relegation zone reguarly, O'Leary took did have success at Leeds but look what has happened to them now, we dont have the quality of the likes of Rio Ferdinand, Alan Smith and Woodgate coming through our ranks.

May i suggest Ranieri, always the darkhorse in these situations.

Allardyce is top of my list by far

He did really well with exciting young players at Leeds. At the time he was backed financially.

Newcastle is the right type of club for O'Leary. O'Leary would fail at Bolton and Reading because he is a manager that needs money.

But he could do really well with Newcastles cheque book. You can't blame him for Leeds debts. Thats the boards fault and Ridsdales. As long as O'Leary is supported by Sheppard and as long as Freddy only gives him money that Newcastle can afford then Newcastle wouldn't go the way Leeds have gone.

Any time I think of O'Leary, I think of the man who paid something like £10 million for an on-the-way-out Robbie Fowler when he already had Viduka, Kewell, Smith, Bridges, Keane.  He also paid him so much that the club had to continue paying half his wages when they sold him.

The man is a car crash of a manager IMO.

Any time I think of O'Leary, I think of the man who paid something like £10 million for an on-the-way-out Robbie Fowler when he already had Viduka, Kewell, Smith, Bridges, Keane.  He also paid him so much that the club had to continue paying half his wages when they sold him.

I think they still are, not too sure though anyone clarify?

Guest brewer

Coleman gets into bustups with any decent players he manages, and then sells them on.

Guest teepee

he is utter crap tbh - no better than roeder, and a whining little girl on top of that...

he's a pug faced, smarmy, waffling, hopeless, excuse making, irresponsible, sack of shite

I wish he had gone to Manu or the mackems when the equally stupid cockney journalists all told us he was the best thing since sliced bread. The same journalists who try to tell us that Keegan failed because he won nowt.

Guest Gemmill

I think you can lick my ballsweat!