Bad striker buys. (Might be a positive thread be careful).

Parky

It is becoming clear that Kuyt and Kalou ( K2) have been respective bad purchases not just with respect to the sums involved, but also that they aren't really looking like they are suited/going to do it in the PL. Compare these two to Martins who has has put in solid performances in amongst the the bad games which is normal in a new league and taking into consideration his age.

Although if £15m was offerred for Martins I'd be tempted to sell, he has by and large been far better value than the striker Liverpool and Chelsea have recently added to their books.

What think you?

Guest alex

I don't think it is clear yet, on either count. I rate Kuyt and I think Kalou will turn out to be a good player too. And I'm by no means convinced by Martins who despite probably keeping us up with his goals is vastly overrated by many imo.

I don't think it is clear yet, on either count. I rate Kuyt and I think Kalou will turn out to be a good player too. And I'm by no means convinced by Martins who despite probably keeping us up with his goals is vastly overrated by many imo.

Not convinced by Martins!!111 :lol:

I personally think Anelka has been the best value in recent striker purchases.

Couldn't have put it better.

Kuyt a bad buy? Outscored Martins & Berbatov in the league. Not bad tbh.

I think they will sell him. Too slow. I still like him, but at the highest level I don't think he has it.

Guest alex

Not convinced by Martins!!111 :lol:

I personally think Anelka has been the best value in recent striker purchases.

His touch and movement leave a lot to be desired. And I bet Liverpool are gutted they got Kuyt instead :razz:

Guest alex

McCarthy has been the best striking signing of the season by a country mile imo.

Aye, an absolute steal.

How much did Kalou cost? I am sure it was about £3.5m no?

I thought it was £8m?

Maybe I am wrong, remember him moving and people saying he was the one that made Kuyt the goalscorer he was and thought it was quite cheap.

Kuijt actually has impressed me a lot. His goal return isn't too bad and his workrate and movement is exceptional. To say that Martins has been a better value is kidding yourself.

Guest alex

Was this thread a wind-up btw?

I was going to put Anelka instead of Kalou but couldn't bear the incessant whinning about 'his attitude'. :knuppel2:

Silly me, giving you too much credit :razz:

I was going to put Anelka instead of Kalou but couldn't bear the incessant whinning about 'his attitude'. :knuppel2:

Watching K2 last night I wasn't overly impressed tbh. ;)

I am beginning to realise you know me too well Alexia. :tongue:

Guest triggy99

anelka was a good buy for bolton

Couldn't have put it better.

Guest alex

Watching K2 last night I wasn't overly impressed tbh. ;)

I am beginning to realise you know me too well Alexia. :tongue:

What about Martins versus Man City (iirc)? Difficult to play any worse than he did against much lesser opposition. I didn't think either Kuyt (in particular) or Kalou were all that bad last night but I wouldn't judge a player on one match either ;)_

Guest Sniffer

Man city? What about Sunday.

Would you fork out 15 mill based on that performance?