Bad striker buys. (Might be a positive thread be careful).

Parky

Was this thread a wind-up btw?

I was going to put Anelka instead of Kalou but couldn't bear the incessant whinning about 'his attitude'. :knuppel2:

Silly me, giving you too much credit :razz:

Watching K2 last night I wasn't overly impressed tbh. ;)

I am beginning to realise you know me too well Alexia. :tongue:

What about Martins versus Man City (iirc)? Difficult to play any worse than he did against much lesser opposition. I didn't think either Kuyt (in particular) or Kalou were all that bad last night but I wouldn't judge a player on one match either ;)_

I've seen Kalou a few times now and he does look flimsy and likely to waste chances. The thing about Kujit I like is that he does a lot for the team even if he isn't playing that well...He does look busy. But in all reality Liverpool will buy another 2 strikers this summer. Kuyt won't be first choice.

Kuijt actually has impressed me a lot. His goal return isn't too bad and his workrate and movement is exceptional. To say that Martins has been a better value is kidding yourself.

I think it's close. Tbf to Martins, Kujit has been playing for Liverpool all season and our boy for a Sunday league side.

Guest alex

The strange thing about Liverpool is that their best combo (imo) is Kuyt and Bellamy but neither seem to be natural 'fox in the box' types (what they need I think). Fowler is but he's finished. Crouch is good but he's a support striker too really. I think they will buy too but Benitez will probably continue to rotate too much (a problem domestically this season I feel).

Guest alex

Kuijt actually has impressed me a lot. His goal return isn't too bad and his workrate and movement is exceptional. To say that Martins has been a better value is kidding yourself.

I think it's close. Tbf to Martins, Kujit has been playing for Liverpool all season and our boy for a Sunday league side.

Martins has got the appropriate first touch anyway ;)

Scathing. :lol:

Guest alex

He's got a bad 3rd touch man :lol:

mackems.gif

I'd rather have him to Kalou, but with Kujit it's close. Over all of these I would have taken Anelka mind.

Guest alex

mackems.gif

I'd rather have him to Kalou, but with Kujit it's close. Over all of these I would have taken Anelka mind.

I'd take him over Kalou too. Especially this season. I think he was more what we needed at the time than Kuyt too. Not that he was ever going anywhere other than Liverpool.

Kuyt is a better footballer than Oba, has a better work rate, and has scored more goals...

The worst signing has to be Shevchenko, despite his undoubted quality. £30m on a 30-year-old who doesn't look particularly suited to the league.

Kuyt is a better footballer than Oba, has a better work rate, and has scored more goals...

The worst signing has to be Shevchenko, despite his undoubted quality. £30m on a 30-year-old who doesn't look particularly suited to the league.

True.

But I thought it unfair to include him as he hasn't started that many games.

Guest alex

Shevchenko hasn't even done the biz in Europe for them. Shame he wasn't still at Milan to stop Man Utd. or Liverpool winning the Champions League ;)

Kuyt has still been better, all round.

I'd have liked to have seen him play up front on his own more, with Robben and J.Cole on either side - shame Drogba has been undroppable.

Aye. Drogba has been immense again this season. He is the fuse for Chelsea.

Mourinho has a problem now that his system doesn't really accomodate two strikers and needs two winger/forwards either side

of a lone striker.

We can keep talking about Martins poor touch all day but when given an opening he has put it away on a fairly regular basis. Put him in a team with anything close to the creativity Chelsea or Liverpool have and then it would be fair to judge him alongside these players. Can't see Kuyt having done much alongside Sibierski with Duff, Parker and Emre behind at their creative best.

Considering Martins has been playing the entire season in the shitfest that is our squad, he wins the striker competition by a fucking farms  length. The fact some of you are even trying to suggest Kuyt is better than Martins based on this season (and better suited to us) makes me wet myself like an 11 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

Considering Martins has been playing the entire season in the shitfest that is our squad, he wins the striker competition by a fucking farms  length. The fact some of you are even trying to suggest Kuyt is better than Martins based on this season (and better suited to us) makes me wet myself like an 11 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert.

:lol:

Guest Sniffer

Martin's has been just as bad as the rest of the " shitfest " squad this season with absolutely no consistency..

In fact, he looks right at home.

Guest alex

Amusing turn of phrase but a complete oversimplification.

Martin's has been just as bad as the rest of the " shitfest " squad this season with absolutely no consistency..

He isnt consistant but then I doubt many would be here this season. He has still been a ray of hope on a number of occasions this season.

He isnt consistant but then I doubt many would be here this season. He has still been a ray of hope on a number of occasions this season.

Kuyt will never score the self made goals Martins is capable of....That must be clear.

And looked as bad as the rest on many occasions this season.

Turned 22 this year in a completely new league in a misfiring team, its hardly a shock is it? I doubt many strikers would have done as well as he has.

Martins has been a good signing, but will always be inconsistent imo. I don't see where this dramatic improvement in finishing, first-touch, holding the ball up, etc. is going to dramatically come from. If he didn't learn that at Inter playing with, and under, the likes of Crespo, Vieri & Mancini, what chance has he got?