Roeder looking for experience/Krul eyes loan move-Sky Sports

NUFC06

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=464534&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Roeder+looking+for+experience

Roeder looking for experience

Newcastle chief Glenn Roeder is ready to change tack in order to boost his defensive options.

The Magpies boss missed out on the chance to sign Sol Campbell last summer as he made it clear he wanted to bring in emerging talents rather than players over the age of 30.

This policy has backfired though, as Newcastle's defence has been its usual porous self while Campbell has enjoyed something of an Indian summer with Portsmouth.

And with the futures of Titus Bramble, Craig Moore and loan signing Oguchi Onyewu in some doubt, Roeder is set to scour all areas of the market to boost his options.

"I would like a central defender this side of 26 and an experienced one over 30 with a big CV and successful playing career," said Roeder.

Roeder's comments could fuel suggestions that Newcastle may attempt to revive their interest in Campbell this summer, particularly as The Magpies feel Steven Taylor will derive great benefit from playing alongside an experienced stopper.

Im all against Roeder staying as our manager next season but if he stays i hope that he actually signs one 26 and one above 30 CB's

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=464560&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Krul+eyes+loan+move

Newcastle keeper Tim Krul has stated his intention to boost his experience by heading out on loan next season.

The Dutch youngster is highly regarded at Newcastle and showed exactly why during one senior appearance this season, when keeping a clean sheet during the Uefa Cup win over Palermo.

His progress was halted by a knee injury, but he made his return against a Wolves junior XI on Saturday and has set out his stall to enjoy a good pre-season before heading out on loan.

"There are no problems with the injury. In fact, I feel I've come back stronger because I've done a lot of work on my upper body," he told the club's official website.

"My plan is to continue to work hard over the summer and hopefully go out on loan next season to get some more experience, although nothing is definite."

Glad to see him back.Hopefully he will be 3th choice goalkeeper next season

IMO he should be 2nd choice in 2-3 years time.

Guest magpies_rawk

Ohh great, NOW the Rodent is looking for experince

What happend last season when he only wanted youngsters

Hope he gets sacked before the transfer window starts tbh..

he's either a fucking hypocrite or has simply lost it... if u ask me, the rodent is nothing more than a "quick fix" manager.

"ok, we don't have height, lets go for crouch."

"moore, carr, butt and solano are into their 30s, lets go for youth"

"oh shit, we need a striker real bad and the scoussers have gotten our long time target, lets get some lad from the man city reserves."

"damn our defence sucks, lets go for this american dude whos unwanted in some belgium outfit. he's  a free try anyway."

"alright, taylor's come good and we have ramage and edgar waiting at the wings, lets go for experience at the back."

fuck off rodent