Other Clubs' new kits

Tom_NUFC

That Inter one looks like an England flag  mackems.gif

read the rest of the thread G. especially

They're wearing a St George's cross style shirt for this season to mark the centenary. St George apart from being the Patron saint of England, is also the patron Saint of the city of Milan, amongst others.

The first Everton one you posted is a blag Photoshop. The second one is real.

How has it gone down? That zebra stripey dealie on the side looks minging IMO.

City's kit not out for a while. All I know is, Le Coq.

That Inter shirt pisses on their history man. They were founded to be an all-Italian club, created in protest at the way Milan was founded and created by English people.

That Inter shirt pisses on their history man. They were founded to be an all-Italian club, created in protest at the way Milan was founded and created by English people.

So why last season did they have the st. george cross (england flag) above all the player names on the back of the shirt?

http://www.mmsports.com/inter/06/inter-home-ibrahimovic-8.jpghttp://www.uksoccershop.com/images/figo_inter_home_0607.jpg

Celtic

http://www.kitbag.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_32110.jpg

I don't know why they bother. It looks the same as any other.

Cant see any difference, except maybes the badge?

Guest optimistic nit

The new away, or perhaps even the third kit, for Liverpool... Totally hideous, even ours looks great in comparison!

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7361/liverpoolawaybr7.jpg

Edit: What happened with the picture?

Edit: I think it works now

Yes, I like the word edit  :)

I really like that shirt.

That Inter one looks like an England flag  mackems.gif

sort of the point.

Everyone is complaining about having Umbro. And I agree really, they're shit.

Even Derby bloody County have got Adidas now.

Though I think next seasons kit is an improvement on the current one, at least the neck is symmetrical  and I like the slight bit of yellow trim. The zebra stripe things are rubbish but they're on nearly all the new Umbro kits.

So why last season did they have the st. george cross (england flag) above all the player names on the back of the shirt?

http://www.mmsports.com/inter/06/inter-home-ibrahimovic-8.jpghttp://www.uksoccershop.com/images/figo_inter_home_0607.jpg

Because that is also, as someone else pointed out, the flag of Lombardia, the region in which you'll find Milan.

Somewhat contentious as it associates them with the Lega Nord / Lombardian seperatist movement.

Everyone is complaining about having Umbro. And I agree really, they're s***.

Even Derby bloody County have got Adidas now.

Though I think next seasons kit is an improvement on the current one, at least the neck is symmetrical  and I like the slight bit of yellow trim. The zebra stripe things are rubbish but they're on nearly all the new Umbro kits.

Umbro kits are quite nice.

We're moving from Hummel (the absolute fucking worst) to Nike, which is supposedly prestigious, but for my money, Nike kits look dull.

Brum, what do you make of the new Villa logo? (Along a similar line to the thread, thankfully.)

I heard it was shite, but upon seeing it I thought it looked smart. Some mong was on SSN saying that they were shocked that the claret/blue stripes had gone and that Newcastle would never take the stripes out... I couldn't help thinking his view was a bit wonky. Given the fact that Villa don't wear stripes on the actual shirt.

Are Villa getting new home and away shirts? Is Hummel getting banished!? You answered this before I'd asked it - clever bastid.

Brum, what do you make of the new Villa logo? (Along a similar line to the thread, thankfully.)

I heard it was s****, but upon seeing it I thought it looked smart. Some mong was on SSN saying that they were shocked that the claret/blue stripes had gone and that Newcastle would never take the stripes out... I couldn't help thinking his view was a bit wonky. Given the fact that Villa don't wear stripes on the actual shirt.

Are Villa getting new home and away shirts? Is Hummel getting banished!? You answered this before I'd asked it - clever bastid.

I loathe the new badge, and there are rumblings of a campaign to get it re-designed (doomed to failure, obv). I can not believe it says AVFC and not Aston Villa, and the actual design is shite.

Yes, new home and away, Hummel out, thank christ, they really are the lowest quality shirts ever. Unfortunately, the sponsor changes after the coming season too, so that'll be new kits for two consecutive years.

I only buy vintage ones myself, mind, so I'm not bothered.

Was the bloke on SSN a weedy looking Asian bloke? if so, he is a twunt of the highest order, one of the people who propelled himself into the media every now and then when we were trying to get rid of Ellis. Stripes on the badge, indeed. They were moaning about that very thing when Ellis introduced them

Guest Knightrider

I heard it was s****, but upon seeing it I thought it looked smart. Some mong was on SSN saying that they were shocked that the claret/blue stripes had gone and that Newcastle would never take the stripes out... I couldn't help thinking his view was a bit wonky. Given the fact that Villa don't wear stripes on the actual shirt.

I loathe the new badge, and there are rumblings of a campaign to get it re-designed (doomed to failure, obv). I can not believe it says AVFC and not Aston Villa, and the actual design is shite.

Yes, new home and away, Hummel out, thank christ, they really are the lowest quality shirts ever. Unfortunately, the sponsor changes after the coming season too, so that'll be new kits for two consecutive years.

Was the bloke on SSN a weedy looking Asian bloke? if so, he is a twunt of the highest order, one of the people who propelled himself into the media every now and then when we were trying to get rid of Ellis. Stripes on the badge, indeed. They were moaning about that very thing when Ellis introduced them

Didn't Villa originaly play in stripes though? Could be wrong mind, but sure I once read yous did. Having seen the badge, it does look shite mind (sorry).

I loathe the new badge, and there are rumblings of a campaign to get it re-designed (doomed to failure, obv). I can not believe it says AVFC and not Aston Villa, and the actual design is s****.

Didn't Villa originaly play in stripes though? Could be wrong mind, but sure I once read yous did. Having seen the badge, it does look s**** mind (sorry).

No, played in them one season in the 1880s and wore horizontal stripes for two seasons in the first ten years following formation in 1874. I did, however, check historicalkits.co.uk to check this, mind, I'm not a trainspotter or owt.

Don't apologise, you are right about the badge. Shite.

Guest Knightrider

Ah, cheers. I thoight I read right, that yous played in stripes - once anyway.

I remember Villa brought back a stripey kit for a season or two in the 90's. When you played in the FA Cup final maybe? Was it 98?

94-5 and then again 99-2000, but they weren't rooted in any historical thing, though. Ellis probably got a job lot from Diadora going cheap.

We had a repulsive green and black striped away shirt in the mid 90s, too.

Apparently our new away shirt is a replica of the 1982 EC final shirt, which will make up for the current badge disappointment.

I remember Villa brought back a stripey kit for a season or two in the 90's. When you played in the FA Cup final maybe? Was it 98?

94-5 and then again 99-2000, but they weren't rooted in any historical thing, though. Ellis probably got a job lot from Diadora going cheap.

We had a repulsive green and black striped away shirt in the mid 90s, too.

Apparently our new away shirt is a replica of the 1982 EC final shirt, which will make up for the current badge disappointment.

I remember that one, Muller for the sponsor :lol: