Spurs, Wembley and the Daily Mail

Martin Lol

Guest Triglett

The incredibly bitter tone of that article makes it hard to take it seriously. Spurs actually only had 5 days to sell those tickets in the aftermath of the dispute  over the allocation of tickets to away fans. And then there's the fact that the recent 2-2 league match at WHL was a complete sell out, as was the last home match before that against...Reading.

Guest kingdawson

The incredibly bitter tone of that article makes it hard to take it seriously. Spurs actually only had 5 days to sell those tickets in the aftermath of the dispute  over the allocation of tickets to away fans. And then there's the fact that the recent 2-2 league match at WHL was a complete sell out, as was the last home match before that against...Reading.

Thanks mate. So refreshing to read an un-biased view for a change :thup:.

Fancy signing up to post that.  PMSL.  36,000 AGAINST ARSENAL FUCKIN WELL DONE.

Guest Triglett

I'm a Spurs fan  :laugh2:

Are you denying you couldn't sell all of your tickets?

Absolutely. 

If you say did the match sell out, then the answer is no.  The Ticket Office f*cked up, a couple of staff were sacked as a result.  Spurs started to sell them on the day but the police blocked any more sales.

WHL was inundated with complaints about it and ticket sales for next season are through a different outlet.  So the short answer is no, the tickets weren't all sold but yes, they would have been sold if the Ticket Office/Police had allowed tickets to be sold.

Absolutely. 

If you say did the match sell out, then the answer is no.  The Ticket Office f*cked up, a couple of staff were sacked as a result.  Spurs started to sell them on the day but the police blocked any more sales.

WHL was inundated with complaints about it and ticket sales for next season are through a different outlet.  So the short answer is no, the tickets weren't all sold but yes, they would have been sold if the Ticket Office/Police had allowed tickets to be sold.

PMSL

Guest kingdawson

I'm a Spurs fan  :laugh2:

Knew it was to good to be true ;D.

Guest kingdawson

Absolutely. 

PMSL

Do you enjoy pissing yourself whilst you laugh stevie?

Martin Jol you criticise a quote coming from the Express, but are wetting yourself in excitement about a link with a player in the DAILY MAIL?????? You do realise that the Mail lies on a daily basis about most things right?

And on the whole spurs to wembley thing, I think that would be an absolute shame and yet another example of the FA whoring their amazing stadium around, when it should be reserved for special occassions. Spurs would be able to fill 50% of it at most anyway.

No, I'm not getting excited by the Mail article.  I already knew about Younès Kaboul and mentioned it here 2 days ago.

At least it seems as though there will be fresh faces to wear it next season.  By all accounts we have a deal in place to sign Younès Kaboul from Auxerre for around £7.5m.  Know nothing about him but for that money for a young CD I hope he's some good!

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39258.msg803762#msg803762

Absolutely. 

Funny that, I don't remember reading about it anywhere, surely such an enormous fuck up which resulted in company employee's losing their jobs would have been reported in the press somewhere?

Unless it is more "ITK" info...

Guest kingdawson

Where were you when the semi final was played Kingdason? Where you usually are when Spurs play at home I expect.

On here.

Most probably, and its thanks to you pming me over at GG that i found the new site in the first place. Thanks again :thup:

A question for Martin Jol, if spurs went to play at wembley whilst renovations at White Hart Lane were going on, what do you think the average attendance would be ie how much of it could you fill? And in the inevitable event that its a low number, would it not be a total waste of time/space/money etc?

A question for Martin Jol, if spurs went to play at wembley whilst renovations at White Hart Lane were going on, what do you think the average attendance would be ie how much of it could you fill? And in the inevitable event that its a low number, would it not be a total waste of time/space/money etc?

Geez, a difficult one to answer as there are so many different options open to Levy.  How much rent would be paid and how would it be calculated?  A flat figure for each match, a percentage of the gate income or a figure to cover all matches for the season (not knowing how many matches that might entail due to cup competitions etc).

Firstly, I don't think they would be offering more season tickets for the (assumed) one season at Wembley.  They can't offer more season tickets than would be available on the return to WHL.  If Levy opted for the current pricing structure, he wouldn't pick up additional neutrals just wanting to see a match at Wembley.  On the other hand, charge £20 and half price for concessions and the place could be full for prime matches.  But with bigger crowds comes more stewards, policing etc, the costs go up.  Also I don't know whether they would be allowed to offer more tickets to the away team than they would normally do.  If Spurs offered 20k tickets to Newcastle fans for £20 to go Wembley, what would be the take up?  I reckon all of them (or something very close to it).

Very simply, I think they would be pricing tickets at a range where they would be getting a crowd of  around 52k, which I hear is the figure they have in mind for a redeveloped WHL.  Alternatively, they could keep the current pricing strategy and see how many turn up.  If they did that, I would be thinking between 40-45k, there is already a lot of feeling about the structure, particularly  calling all Uefa Cup games Cat A irrespective of who the opposition was.

I don't honestly believe it would be a waste of time and money, if it is thought through, Levy could make decent profits for Spurs utlising the the extra capacity that Wembley offers.  If those options aren't available, he may well just be looking to minimise losses for that season.