Our end of season performance last season, was it the Shearer factor?

Guest Hodgson09
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Hodgson09

On his own Roeder has not compiled the kind of results that he did last season with Shearer by his side, do you think that it was Shearer's influence that was the reason for our performances, that Shearer actually had more say than we were led to believe? In terms of team selection, training and tactics. Perhaps given full control and a preseason he could really be the answer to our managerial problems?

As a secondary question would you be happy if Big Al became our manager for next season? The talk at the moment is of Big Sam what about Big Al, everyone would certainly want him to succeed, he is the reason many players have agreed to sign for us in the past, he holds allot of respect with players, the younger lads probably grew up idolizing him ie (could attract more players), has a good football brain, would provide excellent entertainment on the field, and he won't take any shit from players.

Can you imagine the derby next season Shearer battling Keane again, it would be awesome entertainment, hopefully with us hammering them ofcourse.

Yeah. An experienced manager with proven methods, a real student of the game and we know what he has done to Bolton OR someone who quit the game a year ago and has never managed a football club before. Plus has still his old mates in the squad...

Tough call?

You're basically thinking like Freddy. "Do it for the public" (the ones who understand fuck all) "It'll be nice to have him around" "Think of the crowd cheering again" "Oliver would write a nice article about it"

Yeah who cares if he has proven to be a good manager or not? ITS SHEAARERRRR o/

:rolleyes:

A mixture of some favourable fixtures, the honeymoon  period and the fact Roeder was surrounded by people who knew the game - (Shearer & Craig)

He's genuinely looked like a fucking idiot on the touchline.

I want Sam to come in and totally revamp the club from top to tail. Get rid of the dead wood and hire top professionals to do their jobs. (Scouts, physio's, doctors, dietitians, coaches etc). I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how far he can stretch a £10m a year transfer budget.  He's taken Bolton from a yo-yo club to top 6 in a few years on a budget of next to nowt... O0 O0

Guest Hodgson09

Keane seems to be doing ok!!!

I hate the way Bolton play, it's boring long ball shite, i'm sure he will bring that kind of football here it is guaranteed, we all know the fans will not get behind that sort of game, Big Sam will try and change to appease the fans and fail. Shearer on the other hand is most likely the man responsible for our end of season form, give him full control and a preseason to prepare and he will succeed. He was in a poor newcastle team for much of his career but hill still succeeded, he is a born winner, just like Keane, Big Al just wasn't surrounded by the top players that Keane was. Both men will become top managers. IMO, which is probably quite unimportant to everyone but me. lol.

He was born for this job it is his destiny. We'll win the fucking treble one day, the whole city of Newcastle will chant one name SHEARER, SHEARER, SHEARER. Then i wake up. If only....

i would not be happy with him as the next manager. The mans a legend but we're in a mess and we can't be taking ANY more risks.

Would have to agree there. Having Shearer around as a first team coach could be beneficial, but that is a whole other story.

Keane seems to be doing ok!!!

I hate the way Bolton play, it's boring long ball shite, i'm sure he will bring that kind of football here it is guaranteed, we all know the fans will not get behind that sort of game, Big Sam will try and change to appease the fans and fail. Shearer on the other hand is most likely the man responsible for our end of season form, give him full control and a preseason to prepare and he will succeed. He was in a poor newcastle team for much of his career but hill still succeeded, he is a born winner, just like Keane, Big Al just wasn't surrounded by the top players that Keane was. Both men will become top managers. IMO, which is probably quite unimportant to everyone but me. lol.

He was born for this job it is his destiny. We'll win the fucking treble one day, the whole city of Newcastle will chant one name SHEARER, SHEARER, SHEARER. Then i wake up. If only....

Fucking hell :lol: :thup:

It's too late to give a reasonable answer (if that deserves one) but:

1. Why wouldnt fans get behind a manager who knows what he's doing. The "oh the geeordiess love their attacking football"-shite is in my eyes load of crap and that mentality (if it actually exsists in someone's head) has to change for the club to ever get somewhere.

2. You can hate the way Bolton play all you want but remember that he's working with a tight budget and using tactics that get them points with the players he has or players he can afford. I don't believe for one sec that he would take precisely the same tactics with him to try and push them into our team. He's no idiot you know...

Guest Hodgson09

Kasper I have analyzed your response and the letters contained within spell Shearers name 8 times coincidence I think not.

Your subconcious is trying to tell you something. SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER.

Pretty convincing huh?

Kasper I have analyzed your response and the letters contained within spell Shearers name 8 times coincidence I think not.

Your subconcious is trying to tell you something. SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER SHEARER.

Pretty convincing huh?

You seem exactly the kind of fan Fat Fred would love.

Guest eyeball_tickler

no pre-match huddle = no points.

why did we drop this? it seemed to work.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Shearer was actually being paid as a coach, as well as a player, for the whole of that season. No-one really seems to know what he was doing, either before or after Souness's sacking.

A new manager often gives a club an immediate boost, and it looks like that happened with Roeder. He also generated some good team spirit, which lasted into this season. But I think he blew it after the Alkmaar result. Instead of backing the players and remaining solid with them, he started slagging them off. I think that, in the players' eyes, he was trying to get in favour with the fans and the Chairman by saying the things they wanted to hear. Fatal.

As for Shearer, he's shown no enthusiasm for wanting the job, at least for now. We should forget about him. All this speculation or hoping that he may be about to take over has done us nothing but harm for the last few years.

Guest teepee

Our end of season performances were down to the souness has fu***d off factor.

i think that was played a massive part - combine it with the socalled honeymoon period, and maybe that fact that roeder had shearer keeping the lads in line - and we have the difference over this season...

i'd love to see shearer manage this club someday. there is no reason why keano can do the job and shearer cannot.

but right now i dont really know what our best option would be...

i think that was played a massive part - combine it with the socalled honeymoon period, and maybe that fact that roeder had shearer keeping the lads in line - and we have the difference over this season...

i'd love to see shearer manage this club someday. there is no reason why keano can do the job and shearer cannot.

Good or even great players don't always become good or great managers.

Exactly, I can think of Cruyff being an exception to the ruling at the very top of both ends, but I'm struggling to think of anyone else at the moment.

Exactly, I can think of Cruyff being an exception to the ruling at the very top of both ends, but I'm struggling to think of anyone else at the moment.

Stuart Pearce certianly isn't. Had the same hooneymoon period as Roeder/Shearer when he first took over but once the dust settled and he had to make a rod for his own back, make his own decisions on transfers and tactics... :jesuswept:

Never appoint a manager on the basis of a caretaker period IMO. Too many other factors that interfere with the judgement of how good a job he's doing. Players happy to be away from the old boss, they're managing someone elses team, in no-pressure short term job...Just not cricket.

When we finished last season on such a great form i thought that Roeder might be a good manager.He took this sinking ship and transform it to team with spirit who can get result.

However this season Roeder proved everyone that he is not that good manager we though he was.

So im starting to think that last season finale was more because of the management change boost factor,Shearer breaking the record and also Shearer's enormous influence over the players and the good form of some of the players(Zoggy mainly).When im seeing Roeder's management ability this season im starting to wonder how was possible last season success to be because of him.

It cant be because of him.The guy is fucking incompetent and clueless rat

As far as Shearer becoming our manager we should all forget about this.He still hasnt got his license and is enjoying his job at BBC.Maybe some day when he is ready Shepherd will bring him here and the fat man will complete his dream of Shearer managing Newcastle United.

But for now its too early and its too big a risk as general to make Shearer our manager.

If he comes as Allardyce assistant manager i wouldnt mind though

I can only remember three caretakers getting the managers job at Newcastle,  Richard Dinnis,Willie McFaul and now Roeder, none of the three have done any good once appointed.