Glenn on Summer Signings (Latest)

NUFC06

Glenn On Summer Signings Latest

GLENN Roeder says that he has already identified some of his summer transfer targets and promises a busy close season at St.James' Park.

The United boss has met with chairman Freddy Shepherd in recent weeks to discuss close season signings, and Roeder admits he already has some players in mind.

Glenn told nufc.co.uk: "It will be a busy summer, I've already had meetings with the chairman and there are more meetings planned.

"I have names in mind and have been looking long and hard, the players we are targeting are very well known and include and one or two foreign players."

One of the signings of the season has been French striker Antoine Sibierski who arrived at Gallowgate on a free transfer from Man City last summer.

And the Magpies manager says that he will have no problem about bringing in players over the age of 30, should they have the right character for Newcastle United.

The 51-year-old gaffer added: "If a player over 30 has the right character then they are a good signing because they become a role model.

"Take Nicky Butt, what a great role model he has been this year.

"It's not just what you see on the pitch but what you on the training ground, the stays out and does more work after the session has finished, and a lot of young players have latched onto that.

"But I would say that we would not want to spend money on a player over 30 because they are giveaways when their contract runs out."

Jesus Wept.

Last summer he was saying that he doesnt want players above 25-26

Now he is saying that he wants players above 30

What a football genius :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

On .cock now

Although 30 year olds like Nicky Butt are graet to have around the place he'll only sign players that will be available on a free.

Claims to be in constant communications with Freddy Shepherd - would suggest that Shepherd has no intentions to fire him, as in pervious years, Shepherd has been known avoid the manager in the period prior to a sacking.

GLENN Roeder says that he has already identified some of his summer transfer targets and promises a busy close season at St.James' Park.

The United boss has met with chairman Freddy Shepherd in recent weeks to discuss close season signings, and Roeder admits he already has some players in mind.

Glenn told nufc.co.uk: "It will be a busy summer, I've already had meetings with the chairman and there are more meetings planned.

Glenn's meeting list

1.  Get sacked

2.  Agree compensation/pay off

3.  Agree gagging clause

4.  Say goodbye to players & staff

Glenn's meeting list

1.  Get sacked

2.  Agree compensation/pay off

3.  Agree gagging clause

4.  Say goodbye to players & staff

<crosses fingers>

Guest johnson293

Claims to be in constant communications with Freddy Shepherd - would suggest that Shepherd has no intentions to fire him, as in pervious years, Shepherd has been known avoid the manager in the period prior to a sacking.

Yeah, but conversely, Shepherd has always been quick to rubbish managerial rumours in the past, coming out himself and making bold statements - the last we heard was "word from the training ground".

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_method=full%26objectid=18989343%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

As for Roeder, he aint exactly gonna come out and say he hadn't seen/heard form the chairman lately, especially with his job seemingly in the balance, whether he had or not.

On the surface, it needs to look like 'business as usual', even if Glenn is currently being avoided by Shepherd.

MJ

Guest TheOrder

I really hope this clueless bastard is just in high hopes or something, because I wont be happy if Shepherd has promised him anything.

Guest TheOrder

On .cock now

Although 30 year olds like Nicky Butt are graet to have around the place he'll only sign players that will be available on a free.

Assumption 125364556576.

(Just merged these two topics together, because they were exactly the same and NUFC06's was posted a couple of minutes sooner than James'. Hope it's alreet.)

As for the subject matter at hand, it's not surprising to see him covering all the bases in the media, I suppose. He also doesn't say that we definitely wouldn't spend cash on a 30+. Surely if they improve the squad for a season or two then a bit of money would make it worthwhile!?

I don't understand his points, sometimes. Crazy bloke.

Aye he's been on SSN denying the campbell rumours. Fair enough the policy of not spending money on players over 30 but can't help feeling that he regreted missing out on Campbell.

Guest johnson293

Aye he's been on SSN denying the campbell rumours. Fair enough the policy of not spending money on players over 30 but can't help feeling that he regreted missing out on Campbell.

Exactly - could have had him for nowt last summer - if he wants him this year, Redknapp will want a decent fee, as he has another year left on his contract.

Still can't understand why he passed up the chance on Campbell, then signed Sibierski - other than shear desperation at the end of the transfer window!

MJ

Exactly - could have had him for nowt last summer - if he wants him this year, Redknapp will want a decent fee, as he has another year left on his contract.

Still can't understand why he passed up the chance on Campbell, then signed Sibierski - other than shear desperation at the end of the transfer window!

MJ

Stupidity, desperation and a lack of managerial ability.

MJ

In other words clueless rat

MJ

I think clueless is kind. Mr Bean is clueless. Frank Spencer is clueless. Roeder is a stupiud, lying, good for nothing cunt.

MJ

I think clueless is kind. Mr Bean is clueless. Frank Spencer is clueless. Roeder is a stupiud, lying, good for nothing c***.

;D ;D

I'm losing faith guys.

I think Roeder is here till next season and heres why ...

He is only on a two year contract and Freddy already feels paranoid about the fact that everyone feels Newcastle always sack their managers so he will feel that he can afford to wait till next summer if need be.

I also think Freddy has bought into the idea that major changes are needed in the actual squad of players and a change of manager won't help. This is because three consecutive managers now have been unable to get much out of the current squad of players. I think he also accepts the injury excuse is a valid one and because Roeder has been "patient" with his signings I think Freddy feels he owes him at least one season with more new players.

I think there are also plans to bring in a director of football and Freddy feels that this will make Roeder a better manager. I'm pretty certain this is what we have talked to Sven about.

As for Allardyce ... it just seems the odds are stacked against him.

Turned the job down already

The bung inquiry

The fact we might still have to pay compensation for his services along with paying off Glenn should he be sacked

The fact that when we were eager to appoint Roeder Sam was publically against it.

Right now I think Roeder will be in charge next season. I am just going to hope that he brings in players he knows very well and therefore players he will be able to use more effectively. I do think Roeder has problems getting through to players but it is always different when the players are people you have brough to the club yourself so hopefully that works for him.

I am going to be positive from now on and back whoever is in charge or else I might do myself an injury. I can't stand all the uncertainty.

Just hope we at the very least get the man some hel[ with a decent DOF.

Sigh ...

I'm losing faith guys.

You lose faith easily then.

He is only on a two year contract and Freddy already feels paranoid about the fact that everyone feels Newcastle always sack their managers so he will feel that he can afford to wait till next summer if need be.

Since when did FF start to give a fuck about what other think?

I also think Freddy has bought into the idea that major changes are needed in the actual squad of players and a change of manager won't help. This is because three consecutive managers now have been unable to get much out of the current squad of players. I think he also accepts the injury excuse is a valid one and because Roeder has been "patient" with his signings I think Freddy feels he owes him at least one season with more new players.

He was told after the Man City game that his future was no longer secure (GR).

I think there are also plans to bring in a director of football and Freddy feels that this will make Roeder a better manager. I'm pretty certain this is what we have talked to Sven about.

Sven wants to manage. Although we did speak to him imho.

Football is a funny auld game.  FS actually gets on well with SA.

Shearer was the problem.

The bung inquiry

Nothing proven.

The fact we might still have to pay compensation for his services along with paying off Glenn should he be sacked

It will be £1 - £2m. Small change for us.

The fact that when we were eager to appoint Roeder Sam was publically against it.

He speaks his mind and he was right.

Right now I think Roeder will be in charge next season. I am just going to hope that he brings in players he knows very well and therefore players he will be able to use more effectively. I do think Roeder has problems getting through to players but it is always different when the players are people you have brough to the club yourself so hopefully that works for him.

I am going to be positive from now on and back whoever is in charge or else I might do myself an injury. I can't stand all the uncertainty.

Sigh ...

Sam Allardyce will be our manager next season. :)

I'm losing faith guys.

You lose faith easily then.

Since when did FF start to give a f*** about what other think?

He was told after the Man City game that his future was no longer secure (GR).

Sven wants to manage. Although we did speak to him imho.

Football is a funny auld game.  FS actually gets on well with SA.

Shearer was the problem.

The bung inquiry

Nothing proven.

It will be £1 - £2m. Small change for us.

He speaks his mind and he was right.

Sigh ...

Sam Allardyce will be our manager next season. :)

I love your optimism Parky ...

I really hope you're right!

Was Roeder definitely told that his future wasn't secure after the Man City game?

If this is true I think Roeder has a nerve coming out and tlaking about who he is going to sign and stuff, because he has done nothing since that game to show he is deserving of the job!

Unless of course he has agreed to remain as Big Sams assistant manager or something ... and is looking at players with SA!