Am i the only one? R.E Allardyce

STM

That think's this is all too good to be true?

Whats being suggested is that Freddies lining up Allardyce to replace Roeder, in perfect timing for pre-season so that he can have a good look at the players and give him a tidy sum of money to rebuild the squad.

For me it seems impossible that Sheppard has the forethought and ability to make this happen. What puzzles me most is that he hasn't came out and denied it as speculation.

Another question is, where's the new member of the backroom staff (as was mentioned a few weeks ago) that Roeder/Sheppard has lined up to come in? It's all gone quiet on that front. Something very strange is going on. 

Guest DavB93

Roeder will be manager next season, the reason for this is he's on 2 year contract and once that is up Shearer will become manager. If Allardyce is appointed this summer Shearer won't be manager for as soon.

I for one would love to see Shearer manager so am prepared (and pay for my season ticket) this season to endure the torture (hope I'm wrong) of Roeder for Shearer to take over.

Roeder will be manager next season, the reason for this is he's on 2 year contract and once that is up Shearer will become manager. If Allardyce is appointed this summer Shearer won't be manager for as soon.

I for one would love to see Shearer manager so am prepared (and pay for my season ticket) this season to endure the torture (hope I'm wrong) of Roeder for Shearer to take over.

That is ENTIRLEY conjecture.

Also, there's a good chance we'd be in the Championship if Roeder stays, i reckon. Is it worth THAT, just to get a fella in who ised to be a very good footballer, years ago?

I agree with the first two posts but I'm not convinced that anything will happen, Shepherd said that the appointment of Roeder was the most important decision he'd had to make since becoming chairman, is he now going to admit that he got the most important decision wrong?

Shepherd also said that Roeder got the job on the back of thousands of texts, I'm yet to meet any of these missing thousands.  Again, I don't know if he'll admit that this was also wrong.

My guess is that Roeder will still be here at the beginning of next season and we might splash more cash in a desperate attempt to make Roeder look like a manager.

I know the silence from within St James' is unusual but that's probably just an attempt to save face if Roeder goes before his contract is up.

Roeder wont get sacked yet.

Depends on the Blackburn game.

Turn in another shocker, couple itr with a defeat, and I think the crowds reaction, being it the final game of the season, will force Shepherds hand.

I think the silence might have something to do with impending season ticket renewal, the thought of being linked with a manager that actually has a clue could encourage those wavering to sign on the dotted line.

The only way I can see Shepherd doing the right thing and sacking Roeder once this season is over is a couple of bad defeats in our last games there is absolutely no way he'll pull the trigger and admit he made yet another mistake until Roeder's position becomes untenable, this was clearly evident in the sacking of Souness, which should have happended months before it did.

My gut feeling on this is that Roeder won't be manager at the start of next season.

Do you think this is a good thing, regardless of the incoming bloke? As in changing again?

Guest redmayne

It's not about changing for the sake of it. The incumbent is taking the club backwards.

couldn't agree more the direction has changed for the worse all this season

fuck injuries and all his shite excuses even with the injuries someone like redknapp would've been creative in the transfer market

roeder takes an american fucking linebacker!!!

cunt

I dunno when it's coming, this season or next, but I can't wait until Roeder gets sacked and Oliver does his "I never thought he was the right man for the job" routine again :lol:

just imagine roeder spends the cash, gets 5 or 6 new players in and we are still shit .he gets the bullet a new manager comes in and spends money in the winter transfer window and the next summer jesus wept

the fookin mess this clubs in if roeder make a mess of this which imho will happen . :sad11:

It's not about changing for the sake of it. The incumbent is taking the club backwards.

I agree here.  At this point, it's not really about changing for the sake of change.  Roeder has neither a track record or any progress with the team to fall back on.  The only thing he has is the (non-)excuse of injuries, but as has been pointed out, the team's arguably played worse when he's had the ability to pick the team. 

Roeder has no positive qualities from a footballing perspective.

I agree, a year ago i would have said Allardyce wasn't good enough. Now i would beg Sheppard to hire him.

So was has Allardyce done this year to change your mind?

I agree, a year ago i would have said Allardyce wasn't good enough. Now i would beg Sheppard to hire him.

Not good enough? He's been pushing the top 4 for some time now on a shoestring budget. I think he's one of the best managers in the league, certainly the best English one. I think he'd be brilliant for Newcastle.

I would feel a bit more positive over Big Sam if I knew the real reason he left Bolton, there is something very dodgey about it, with this agent bubng thing hanging over him too..