Wireless Broadband Router

Belfast Boy

I am hoping I am doing somethign really stupid here so any help appreciated. I have recently got Tesco Broadband which came with a free Thompson Speedtouch 330 Broadband Modem. This connects to the phone line then into a USB port and provides me with unlimited Broadband at around 1.1 Mbps. I have now bought a LinkSys Wireless Broadband Router so, in theory I can connect wirelessly around the house on my laptop.

The problem is the router is looking for a coaxial (ethernet) cable to connect the to modem whilst the modem only has a USB output. IS there an adaptor available or is the router not compatible or am I just missing something?

EDIT : Linksys have a very helpful live chat help which has basically told me that the router is not compatible with USB. Tesco provided the modem free as part of there deal, what are my chances of getting a coaxial (Ethernet) modem instead?

That looks close to what I need but the opposite if you understand. I have a USB cable coming out of the modem, but I need to plug an ethernet cable into the router.

The router was a gift from a well meaning relative but is clearly not comaptible with my modem. Good old PC World point balnk refuse to take it back, even exchange it for a compatible router, surely that can't be legal??