Signing a high profile player NOW

Guest exilim

Guest exilim

Does that mean we are screwed? Since FS were to give his kitty to roeder now, maybe 10 million or 20 million to spend. And he actually used 10 million for davies and the remaining 10 to get baines, barnes.

If that's the case, no chance sam allardyce will be coming here anymore isn't it?

Hope he won't be making any signings yet :undecided:

Guest exilim

well, tt's just an example lol.. but it means that if FS gives roeder the money, i dont think he will sack him

Where have you read this?

Personally I think Roeder will get fired. Last year he and Shepherd said that the minimun goal for this season was top 6, if not Glenn would go/get fired. And Roeder agreed to that because he didnt think it would be a problem... Roeder probably dont ''remember'' this now, but maybe Freddy does...

But if he stays it will be because Freddy says it is impossible to reach top 6 with this kind of injury-crisis.

I also think the Allardyce rumors are correct, though if we were to replace Roeder I would look elsewere (Both Koemans, Van Gaal,Trappattoni... Maybe ask Lippi and Scolari just for ''fun''). Freddy have been fast to deny rumors about other managers and I dont think he has denied the Big Sam rumor, has he? But still, I say look at other alternatives first.

Edit: allright, but we dont know if Freddy has given him the money do we? Maybe I should make a simmilar thread. Roeder signs 5-year deal in Newcastle United, does this mean we wont get Sam Allardyce?

According to The Journal today Roeder wants a couple of "Role Models" but only if he can get them for free.  He wants two over 30's which is different to the young hungry players he was after a year ago.

He hasn't got a clue what he's doing, he's far too reactionary.

According to The Journal today Roeder wants a couple of "Role Models" but only if he can get them for free.  He wants two over 30's which is different to the young hungry players he was after a year ago.

You do get the impression he's making it up as he goes along.  I can't read his press comments anymore.

I don't disagree with Roeder - we do need a couple of role models. But your second point is the key one - he really, really hasn't got a clue what he wants, when he wants it, and how to deal with it. And that goes for more than just in the transfer market. That's the worrying thing.

Anyhow, he can start with Viduka.

You've got to fire Roeder. He's rubbish.

But can Freddy be relied upon to find a decent replacement?

Computer says no

Does it make that sickening noise though?

I fucking hate Roeder more than i hated Souness.

Guest mishka17

yeah, role models...like misterious trial guy, recenty that old turk from olympiakos reserves... but not sol when he wanted to join us...genious, simply genious stuff from Roeder....

Guest Phil K

You've got to fire Roeder. He's rubbish.

But can Freddy be relied upon to find a decent replacement?

Both VERY true.

Roeder is an absolute unfunny joke.

Shepherd is even worse.

He wont remove Roeder because the rags will call him names.

In which case he should go away quickly. (a polite p*ss off) and let in a chairman who can actually choose a good manager instead of the pillocks he lumbers us with.

Guest mishka17

we need Tevez ! not Bent, not Viduka not who else ... adjusted to premiership and now he's class ! great game against bolton latetly, sell ameobi-ramage-luque...sign Tevez