For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

I'm all for whatever solution keeps us from having our forwards play on the halfway line and picking up the ball in their own half.  New forwards, new manager, new fullbacks, I don't give two fucks what it is. 

I'm all for whatever solution keeps us from having our forwards play on the halfway line and picking up the ball in their own half.  New forwards, new manager, new fullbacks, I don't give two fucks what it is. 

very funny, and i agree...

Just a lame excuse to get people to click on your forum?

"lame" ?

edited. I meant to post the comment. Its a bad statistic, and says a hell of a lot.

"lame" ?

edited. I meant to post the comment. Its a bad statistic, and says a hell of a lot.

It's as much as organising and constructing a side with a proper vision or each persons role as it is about buying players. Look at Reading.

"lame" ?

It's as much as organising and constructing a side with a proper vision or each persons role as it is about buying players. Look at Reading.

Coppell has done well, taking over a team initially built by Pardew, but remember he couldn't take the pressure at Man City, he doesn't inspire me as a possible Newcastle manager to be honest.

No goals scored in 470 minutes of football at home and the problem is the defence?

Its clear as day what the problem is. Our strikers are feeling their way back from injury and we need an attacking creative midfielder. Nothwithstanding questions about the manager, NE5's view of the team is increasingly vindicated.

Left back my arse.

although i agree in principle strikers generally don't create that many chances for themselves do they?

given that we have a midfield and defenders that can do nothing other than hump the ball upfield (exception milner & charlie, but he never plays) what does anyone think a new striker will do with the current level of service they'd get here?

we need to get the midfield passing and moving, the wingers going past people and going to the byline, all of which creates space for strikers...a static midfield the likes of what we have now will ruin any striker we sign without doubt

nothing is ever as cut and dry as "we need a left back" or "we need a striker" but one of the most important factors in our season has been how poor the midfield has been as a unit in any capacity - they neither offer much of an attacking threat nor provide much support to the defence, so there might well be argument to start looking at them

at least next season we know that we should do better with strikers; owen fit, martins settled, ameobi fit, but if we continue aimlessly throwing balls up at them forget it, we could sign samuel etoo in the summer and i doubt things would change much

the last goal we scored at home in the premership was in February

And there was me thinking the whole team contributed to goals and it wasn't the strikers who did all the work.

We had Owen and Martins playing yesterday, won't find many better strike forces than that in the PL.

Would like to see how many assists the full backs for the top 4 have.

And there was me thinking the whole team contributed to goals and it wasn't the strikers who did all the work.

We had Owen and Martins playing yesterday, won't find many better strike forces than that in the PL.

Are you fucking serious? The top 4 who have players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba are up there due to the assists from the full backs?

I am astonished by that.

Guest andynufc84

For those who think we need strikers ahead of full backs, see Carr, Babayaro, Solano, Huntington

Are you f****** serious? The top 4 who have players like Ronaldo, Rooney, Drogba are up there due to the assists from the full backs?

I am astonished by that.

I'd like for you to bold the bit where I said the top 4 are in the top 4 due to their fullbacks please.

:rolleyes:

If we sign Ronaldihno and Luca Toni even then we will be shit because AS A TEAM we are playing shit football.

We need to start playing good football as a team and then our strikers will start scoring goals

We need to sign defenders,midfielders and striker in the summer

But our top priority should be the defence

Some people cant understand that the fact we cant score at home for 5 games is not because  we dont have enough quality upfront but because our manager is shit and we are playing crap football

Guest andynufc84

The defence is clearly the area where we are as weak as piss and have been for quite some time.

Lets invest money in areas of the team that need strengthening ffs, include the midfield in that as well.

Guest Magpiecn

If we sign Ronaldihno and Luca Toni even then we will be s*** because AS A TEAM we are playing s*** football.

We need to start playing good football as a team and then our strikers will start scoring goals

Some people cant understand that the fact we cant score at home for 5 games is not because  we dont have enough quality upfront but because our manager is s*** and we are playing crap football

Aye :clap:

If we sign Ronaldihno and Luca Toni even then we will be s*** because AS A TEAM we are playing s*** football.

Some people cant understand that the fact we cant score at home for 5 games is not because  we dont have enough quality upfront but because our manager is s*** and we are playing crap football

It's not all about Roeder, the team is so unbalanced it's stupid. Obviously Roeder has had chances to change this, but a new manager comming in won't make too much diffrence until he has time to change and shape the team.

Guest andynufc84

No goals scored in 470 minutes of football at home and the problem is the defence?

Its clear as day what the problem is. Our strikers are feeling their way back from injury and we need an attacking creative midfielder. Nothwithstanding questions about the manager, NE5's view of the team is increasingly vindicated.

Left back my arse.

Aye Babayaro and Carr will take care of that posistion next season yeah?

Guest Gemmill

Just re-reading and I think NUFC06 has said a lot of what I'm about to say, but never mind:

It's not a matter of defenders or attackers, although there are improvements required to both.  The main problem though is that we are a squad of players that is very obviously receiving nothing like the level of coaching that is required.  That game yesterday was yet another example of a collection of individuals playing with no shape, no discernible tactics, no cohesion and no concept of what their role in the whole set-up is.  They looked like they barely knew one another.  This is NOT a personnel issue, it's because our coaching staff is so far below what is acceptable for a club of this size, that it's beyond a joke.

I would fucking love to know what is going on at that training ground, but there are players in that squad like Michael Owen and Nicky Butt who have been at world class football clubs, and they must be absolutely staggered by the standard of coaching at Newcastle United.  It needs fucking sorting out as a matter of priority.  Personnel isn't going to make a blind bit of difference until we get someone in that can turn us into a football team.  We are nothing like one at the minute.