For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

If we sign Ronaldihno and Luca Toni even then we will be s*** because AS A TEAM we are playing s*** football.

We need to start playing good football as a team and then our strikers will start scoring goals

We need to sign defenders,midfielders and striker in the summer

But our top priority should be the defence

Some people cant understand that the fact we cant score at home for 5 games is not because  we dont have enough quality upfront but because our manager is s*** and we are playing crap football

It's not all about Roeder, the team is so unbalanced it's stupid. Obviously Roeder has had chances to change this, but a new manager comming in won't make too much diffrence until he has time to change and shape the team.

Yes it is.

Its all Roeders fault

The only thing that he isnt responsible is the fact that he shouldnt be given the job in the first place

Im sure that if some good manager comes here in 1 season he will change alot of things and at least we are going to play decent football

Under Roeder we are playing shit football all season long

We need 5 things in my opinion:

A playmaker in an advanced position, be that up front, on the wing, or central midfield

A decent, consistent pair of full backs

An experienced centre back

Tactics

Motivation

Guest assyriantoon

Maybe just maybe we need a playmaker in the midfield to actually create chances. Its all well and good having Owen and Martins up front but what does it achieve if they have only 2 clear chances a game? We need to Create more. Van der Vaart is a must for me.

We need 5 things in my opinion:

A playmaker in an advanced position, be that up front, on the wing, or central midfield

A decent, consistent pair of full backs

An experienced centre back

Tactics

Motivation

WE CAN HAVE THOSE THINGS IF WE HAVE GOOD MANAGER

Its all Roeders fault

So what about the likes of Babayaro who play half assed? Or Bramble who doesn't concentrate for longer than a minute? Or Parker who likes to dance around with the ball? Or Emre who likes to give it away more than often enough, or his poor corners? Or Milners frequent need to beat his man 2/3 times before he delivers an often mediocre cross?

Yeah Roeder is to blame for alot (you could put blame to him for a lot of the above too). But to say he is to blame for EVERYTHING is barbaric.

Guest andynufc84

Just re-reading and I think NUFC06 has said a lot of what I'm about to say, but never mind:

It's not a matter of defenders or attackers, although there are improvements required to both.  The main problem though is that we are a squad of players that is very obviously receiving nothing like the level of coaching that is required.  That game yesterday was yet another example of a collection of individuals playing with no shape, no discernible tactics, no cohesion and no concept of what their role in the whole set-up is.  They looked like they barely knew one another.  This is NOT a personnel issue, it's because our coaching staff is so far below what is acceptable for a club of this size, that it's beyond a joke.

I would f****** love to know what is going on at that training ground, but there are players in that squad like Michael Owen and Nicky Butt who have been at world class football clubs, and they must be absolutely staggered by the standard of coaching at Newcastle United.  It needs f****** sorting out as a matter of priority.  Personnel isn't going to make a blind bit of difference until we get someone in that can turn us into a football team.  We are nothing like one at the minute.

This is spot on

I don't believe that Roeder isn't sending the team out with no idea's of tactics, gameplan, formation, individual roles - its just the players are clearly not responding to what is being said by Roeder or  the 'coaching staff' in the dressing room or on the training ground.

No matter what Roeder thinks is the right way to approach a game or how he wants them to play, it just won't work.

Plus his ability to galvanise the team and inspire confidence and motivation must be in serious doubt.

So, he has to go.

Its all Roeders fault

So what about the likes of Babayaro who play half assed? Or Bramble who doesn't concentrate for longer than a minute? Or Parker who likes to dance around with the ball? Or Emre who likes to give it away more than often enough, or his poor corners? Or Milners frequent need to beat his man 2/3 times before he delivers an often mediocre cross?

Yeah Roeder is to blame for alot (you could put blame to him for a lot of the above too). But to say he is to blame for EVERYTHING is barbaric.

sorry like but he can held responsible for all those things

he's either not coaching them NOT to do the shite they're doing, in which case he should be sacked

otherwise he is coaching them correctly and they're ignoring him when they get out on the pitch, in which case he continues to pick them regardless of this fact and thus, should be sacked

if he wants to continue to pick players that continually play shite then so be it, he needs to be held accountable...there's always another option...

Guest BooBoo

I would like to cast my vote for the "If we can get our money back on Martins and get Darren Bent in, then that would be great" Party.

Oba's been absoluetely shocking of late. I think todays Sunday Sun is correct in saying he looks out of his depth at this level.

:thup:

he's either not coaching them NOT to do the s**** they're doing, in which case he should be sacked

otherwise he is coaching them correctly and they're ignoring him when they get out on the pitch, in which case he continues to pick them regardless of this fact and thus, should be sacked

if he wants to continue to pick players that continually play s**** then so be it, he needs to be held accountable...there's always another option...

How do you know he's not coaching these aspects out of there game but they aren't taking heed of his words? Yeah it is mainly down to Roeder to remove the poor aspects of a players game, but not everything is up to him like NUFC06 said, the players also have a responsibilty. If I can see that Milner beats his man too many times then surley as a professional he can too? And Bramble has been lambasted enough about his concentration so surley he should have done something about that himself? At the end of the day Roeder could have a team of world class coaches in who are trying to iron out these problems, but it isn't all up to the coach, it's up to the players as well to take it on board (might be a respect issue also, I know if I was being coached by Roeder I would take everything he told me coaching wise with a pinch of salt).

And he plays them as they are all we have. If he didn't pick Emre for example then we would have Parker and Butt in midfield...

he's either not coaching them NOT to do the s**** they're doing, in which case he should be sacked

if he wants to continue to pick players that continually play s**** then so be it, he needs to be held accountable...there's always another option...

How do you know he's not coaching these aspects out of there game but they aren't taking heed of his words? Yeah it is mainly down to Roeder to remove the poor aspects of a players game, but not everything is up to him like NUFC06 said, the players also have a responsibilty. If I can see that Milner beats his man too many times then surley as a professional he can too? And Bramble has been lambasted enough about his concentration so surley he should have done something about that himself? At the end of the day Roeder could have a team of world class coaches in who are trying to iron out these problems, but it isn't all up to the coach, it's up to the players as well to take it on board (might be a respect issue also, I know if I was being coached by Roeder I would take everything he told me coaching wise with a pinch of salt).

And he plays them as they are all we have. If he didn't pick Emre for example then we would have Parker and Butt in midfield...

there's always an alternative choice; emre playing shite play n'zogbia; bramble shite play edgar...and so on and so forth

as i said if he's coaching them correctly and they ignore him then it's up to him as a manager to drop them until they start to do what he tells them, simple as that....the alternative is to see little shitbags like dyer refuse to play on the wing

all bollocks anyhow, patently obvious we're coaching nobody nothing these days

either way he's culpable

there's always an alternative choice; emre playing s**** play n'zogbia; bramble s**** play edgar...and so on and so forth

as i said if he's coaching them correctly and they ignore him then it's up to him as a manager to drop them until they start to do what he tells them, simple as that....the alternative is to see little shitbags like dyer refuse to play on the wing

either way he's culpable

N'zogbia in midfield doesn't work. And who would play on the left then? 'cos if Emre was being dropped for his non effectivness and poor play then surley Duff would also?

And if he done it your way, he would end up playing the reserves  O0

there's always an alternative choice; emre playing s**** play n'zogbia; bramble s**** play edgar...and so on and so forth

either way he's culpable

N'zogbia in midfield doesn't work. And who would play on the left then? 'cos if Emre was being dropped for his non effectivness and poor play then surley Duff would also?

And if he done it your way, he would end up playing the reserves  O0

bingo my friend!!  the penny has dropped

the first team, or a lot of them, are shite and we know they are yet we persist in playing them in the vein hope that somehow they magically stop playing shite

kieron dyer has been pointless and ineffectual for years now but he's still walking into the team to no obvious effect

you talk like playing the reserves might have a detremental effect on results or quality of play!!  we're garbage, play like crap and lose so what harm is gonna come, exactly, of dropping people who either won't listen to the coaches or are not good enough to stop making mistakes and improve their game?

Blame the lack of creativity from midfield for the lack of goals, yesterday like most of the season we seen our front two dropping deep into our own half hunting for the ball, they do this because the service to them is utter shite!!

I would like to cast my vote for the "If we can get our money back on Martins and get Darren Bent in, then that would be great" Party.

Oba's been absoluetely shocking of late. I think todays Sunday Sun is correct in saying he looks out of his depth at this level.

:thup:

are all members of The "If we can get our money back on Martins and get Darren Bent in, then that would be great" Party blind?

Its all Roeders fault

Those things you mentioned are all part of Roeder's responsibilities as a manager.

He is responsible for all the things our team is doing on the field during games.

you talk like playing the reserves might have a detremental effect on results or quality of play!!  we're garbage, play like crap and lose so what harm is gonna come, exactly, of dropping people who either won't listen to the coaches or are not good enough to stop making mistakes and improve their game?

The reserves play in the reserves for a reason :lol:

We play like garbage as the majority of the team isn't good enough, we have about 6 players who if given the choice, would survive my cull of the team.

WE DO need at least 2 CB's, a LB and a creative midfielder!!!

forwards are NOT a priority.....

Tevez, a striker or creative midfielder?

He reminds me of Emre only alot better, he will chase down in midfield and has great vision and talent. He would be my first choice player to bring here, then look at CB's and a LB.

We play like garbage as the majority of the team isn't good enough, we have about 6 players who if given the choice, would survive my cull of the team.

hang on a minute - so one of two things is happening: either the players are ignoring roeders quality coaching and playing badly AGAINST his good advice, or roeder is not coaching them to STOP playing shite as he can't see a problem

correct?

on count one roeder knows they're ignoring him and should drop them and play the reserves - NONE of whom have disgraced themselves when called upon this season

on count two roeder is an idiot who wouldn't know one players ability from the next therefore how can you tell me the reserves are reserves for a reason when they might be better than what's on the pitch each week, but the manager can't see it (when in fact they're actually youth team graduates mostly)?

all theoretical bollocks anyhow - roeder ISN'T coaching the players and DOESN'T have the balls to drop the big names

either way he's still culpable 100%

Guest Phil K

I would f****** love to know what is going on at that training ground, but there are players in that squad like Michael Owen and Nicky Butt who have been at world class football clubs, and they must be absolutely staggered by the standard of coaching at Newcastle United.  It needs f****** sorting out as a matter of priority.

Undoubtably.

We've all been wondering where the frigging coaching is for some years now.

Roeder's just the latest.

SBR got it right, but then lost the plot last couple of seasons (Getting a helping hand from juvenile turds like Bellamy, Dyer, Jenas et al)

Mentioned it at the start of the season, staff who were backroom last year (Roeder - Academy, McDermott - Feck Knows, Clark - Part-time coach), were behind the previous regime of Souness, Murray & Saunders who weren't up to it, as well as Tommy Craig...and yet now they're running things. It's a joke man.

You

hang on a minute - so one of two things is happening: either the players are ignoring roeders quality coaching and playing badly AGAINST his good advice, or roeder is not coaching them to STOP playing s**** as he can't see a problem

correct?

on count one roeder knows they're ignoring him and should drop them and play the reserves - NONE of whom have disgraced themselves when called upon this season

on count two roeder is an idiot who wouldn't know one players ability from the next therefore how can you tell me the reserves are reserves for a reason when they might be better than what's on the pitch each week, but the manager can't see it (when in fact they're actually youth team graduates mostly)?

all theoretical bollocks anyhow - roeder ISN'T coaching the players and DOESN'T have the balls to drop the big names

either way he's still culpable 100%

But if he was to start dropping player for persistant defects and poor play we wouldn't have enough players to form an XI :lol:

And if was to play a team made of majority of reserves for a season we would be relegated.

And I agree, he doesn't know how to drop the big name players, or make substitutions, or plan a positive formation (4-5-1 seems to be his bag).

Guest andynufc84

Mentioned it at the start of the season, staff who were backroom last year (Roeder - Academy, McDermott - Feck Knows, Clark - Part-time coach), were behind the previous regime of Souness, Murray & Saunders who weren't up to it, as well as Tommy Craig...and yet now they're running things. It's a joke man.

By all accounts Tommy Craig is a decent coach - did a good job with the reserves.  He and Alan Shearer were also

major factors in our revival at the back end of last season under Roeder.

Assistant to John Collins at Hibs now.