Fred hasnt spoken to Sam

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Freddy hasn't talked to SamMay 6 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd last night broke his silence on the speculation over the United manager's job . . .

By blasting claims he's offered Glenn Roeder's post to Sam Allardyce.

Reports have suggested Shepherd is poised to sack Roeder - and has approached Allardyce, a free agent after quitting Bolton, about taking over at St James's Park.

But the Magpies supremo, in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Sun, has set the record straight.

"I've never spoken to Sam Allar- dyce and he has never spoken to me," said Shepherd. "I don't know where all this is coming from.

But while Roeder last night told us that he is convinced he will survive the summer, Shepherd declined to give his manager any guarantees.

And the Sunday Sun believes that while Shepherd has not lined up anyone to replace Roeder, the former United player will face the sack if his side round off a dismal season with defeat at Watford.

"I'm not going to comment any more on it," added Shepherd. "I had the same thing last year. It is getting crazy.

"We'll get the season out of the way, and then start saying things."

Meanwhile, talk of Sven-Goran Eriksson replacing Roeder, as well as suggestions Shepherd met with him in Gibraltar last week, are wrong.

Freddy hasn't talked to SamMay 6 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd last night broke his silence on the speculation over the United manager's job . . .

By blasting claims he's offered Glenn Roeder's post to Sam Allardyce.

Reports have suggested Shepherd is poised to sack Roeder - and has approached Allardyce, a free agent after quitting Bolton, about taking over at St James's Park.

But the Magpies supremo, in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Sun, has set the record straight.

"I've never spoken to Sam Allar- dyce and he has never spoken to me," said Shepherd. "I don't know where all this is coming from."

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

But while Roeder last night told us that he is convinced he will survive the summer, Shepherd declined to give his manager any guarantees.

And the Sunday Sun believes that while Shepherd has not lined up anyone to replace Roeder, the former United player will face the sack if his side round off a dismal season with defeat at Watford.

"I'm not going to comment any more on it," added Shepherd. "I had the same thing last year. It is getting crazy.

"We'll get the season out of the way, and then start saying things."

Meanwhile, talk of Sven-Goran Eriksson replacing Roeder, as well as suggestions Shepherd met with him in Gibraltar last week, are wrong.

Thats because you are stupid fat pig

If you have appointed the right man last summer you shouldnt deal with this kind of things right now

"I had the same thing last year. It is getting crazy."

hmm Shepherd mabye you should employ better managers and you shoulden´t need to have this talk every year.

If Shepherd don´t go for Big Sam I never suport him again (as if I was doing it now...)

ah, cunning. He says: "I've never spoken to Sam Allar- dyce and he has never spoken to me,"

But he's said nowt about Sam Allardyce

Why the  '-' ?

:lol:

Could he not remember his name or something?  O0

ah, cunning. He says: "I've never spoken to Sam Allar- dyce and he has never spoken to me,"

Why the  '-' ?

Or he just took a muffin while he was speaking.

Why the  '-' ?

Or he just took a muffin while he was speaking.

Or a rack of lamb, am sure he can squeeze a few of them in mid word.

Not commiting to Glenn but I still think its not going to be Big Sam, you watch with will end up with Sven the fkn swede, I just have a very bad feeling about it.

Whats wrong with him?

Not commiting to Glenn but I still think its not going to be Big Sam, you watch with will end up with Sven the fkn swede, I just have a very bad feeling about it.

Whats wrong with him?

People whinge on here about Roeder not standing and shouting enough from the touchline and making bad substitutions, well Sven works in just the same way, not to mentiona ll the other press fnafair that come with Sven and his personal life...

As for Sam I think he is in the s*** over these agebt bung claims and I reckon that why he has left Bolton, there is much much more to coem from that story, so we would be crazy to taske him on until all of that is over and done with.

I'm with Skirge, we forget that Allardyce has pissed Shepherd off in the past, and both are very stubborn, I just cant see Shepherd appointing him.

It is more interesting that Roeder is not getting assurances.

However, I'd be devastated if the chairman really is making his decisions based on whether or not we beat WATFORD. Beating the bottom club in the Premiership is really a sign of good management.

Getting rid of Roeder may sort nothing, then again it may sort everything, this is football and there is no guarantees, does anyone on here really have faith that Fred will get it right this time? Roeder is still a better option than than soem managers we could end up with.

I would rather keep Glenn than end up with Coleman, all this Big Sam stuff is going to go on and on and on until he gets a job elsewhere and thats not going to happen until this bung thing is cleared up.

He refused the job here first time around, then whinged like a bitch about Roder being given the job and caused us problems over that. I thought he refused the job here out of loyalty to Bolton but then he goes and walks away from them with 2 games to go after having a great season, that totaly stinks and we need to stay well away from it all..

I'm with Skirge, we forget that Allardyce has pissed Shepherd off in the past, and both are very stubborn, I just cant see Shepherd appointing him.

It is more interesting that Roeder is not getting assurances.

However, I'd be devastated if the chairman really is making his decisions based on whether or not we beat WATFORD. Beating the bottom club in the Premiership is really a sign of good management.

not sure of the decision making dynamics of the club but i would wonder what the other major shareholders have to say about things at this juncture....regardless of the power freddy wields he surely isn't allowed to act unilaterally in these situations??

if there is a meeting, and by christ you'd hope there was gonna be, then i'd hope freddy's stubborness over the allardyce slight would have to be countered by the rest of the board members this time!!

Fat Fred is a really bloody joke!

Big Sam is definitive the best manager we can get at the moment and Fat Fred is the only one that can spoil that. Right now I´m so pisst off so I don´t no how to express my self.

I bloody hate Faty Fred!

Whats wrong with him?

People whinge on here about Roeder not standing and shouting enough from the touchline and making bad substitutions, well Sven works in just the same way, not to mentiona ll the other press fnafair that come with Sven and his personal life...

As for Sam I think he is in the s*** over these agebt bung claims and I reckon that why he has left Bolton, there is much much more to coem from that story, so we would be crazy to taske him on until all of that is over and done with.

I will say what Sven won in his managerial career so far:

IFK Göteborg -Swedish Cup,League, Cup,UEFA Cup=treble in his first season as a coach of a big team

Benfica- 2 Portuguese titles,Portuguese Cup,runners-up in the UEFA Cup

AS Roma-Coppa Italia

Benfica-final of the Champions league(lost against Milan),League title

Sampdoria-Coppa Italia

Lazio- 2 Coppa Italia,European Cup Winners' Cup,Serie A title

So basically at every club he managed so far in his career he won something.He won a trophy

So i will ask again

WHATS WRONG WITH ERICKSSON BEING OUR MANAGER?

Guest Christian Hayne

i know nobody wanted souness, but you look at his c.v and he had won something with basically every club he went to.

Records stand for fk  all, Souness had won plenty stuff as a manager were  you happy we got him?

Sven is a joke and Big Sam is about to be fkd over these agent bung claims, this club needs to stay well away from both of them..

Records stand for fk  all, Souness had won plenty stuff as a manager were  you happy we got him?

Sven is a joke and Big Sam is about to be fkd over these agent bung claims, this club needs to stay well away from both of them..

So what are you saying - stick with Roeder?