Quinn and Keane are doing us a huge favour ...

KaKa

Sunderland are rolling today yet again and look like they are going to come back up as champions. Like it or not Sunderland are the talk of the North East.

Quinn has done an excellent job of connecting with his fans and really showing he cares for the club and surely this must be putting pressure on Shepherd, who has never taken the Newcastle fans seriously and thinks he is doing a good job by throwing large amounts of money about every now and then. Quinn who is new at all this is putting him to shame big time. This can only be good for us as the comparisons are going to be made continuousl y as the clubs continue to go in completely opposite directions.

As for Keane ... let's just say his performance should finally show the idiots in charge of Newcastle how important it is to have a manager who has some credibility in the game and one who isn't afraid to hold his players accountable in spite of whatever reputations they might have.

Newcastle have to step up big time this summer because Sunderland are coming at us full force with a charismatic chairman and manager who are driving that club forward and they will have financial backing too.

I am hoping that this works in our favour. I am sure that it will at least force the club to make the necessary tough decisions personnel wise this summer.

So here's a toast to Quinny and Keane ... as much as it pains me to do so.

Can't help but feel many people are overrating them somewhat. The Premier League is about a million f****** miles from the fizzy pop league.

Yea i agree, Some people on here are even calling Keane a fantastic manager

Can't help but feel many people are overrating them somewhat. The Premier League is about a million f****** miles from the fizzy pop league.

Maybe so, but I am talking about the effect their achievements this season will have on our club this summer. I am hoping it will be a positive one that forces us into big changes.

They might not do as well in the premiership next season but I have no doubt that if we remain as we are right now that Sunderland will be better than us.

Yea i agree, Some people on here are even calling Keane a fantastic manager

That's the thing about it though ... at this point he doesn't have to be the greatest manager yet (as far as tactics go etc).

The fact is that his players will not go out on the pitch and give a lacklustre effort. They are very highly motivated to play for him, and Keane has to be given a lot of credit for knowing what players to bring in and knowing that they will perform for him.

This is what I can't stand about Roeder. He is not great tactically but then this is compunded by the fact he cannot even get the players to play with committment and desire. It's pathetic really.

So yeah Keane might not be a great manager but he is already better than Roeder!

i just think it's more a general momentum thing rather than anyone believing they're gonna be challenging for europe

the new chairman, quinn, has obviously looked at how murray lost the fans and has made every effort to win them over

luckily for him keane, with no little cash, has promoted them beyond everyone's expectations and is making the right noises as a manager - if you listen to what he actually says post match he's a VERY astute guy and can play the media well, something i didn't see coming

all combined tells me that off the pitch, at the very least they're gonna be more than a match for us in terms of PR etc... and anything they acheive with regards to getting a result against us or staying up will be painted as a david vs goliath victory despite the fact i think they'll spend fairly heavily this time too

theres nothing different about Sunderland than when Mick McCarthy was manager, in fact they were arguably a better team than the current lot my money says they are going down again. Also noobody can pass judgemnt on keanes manaerial skills till he gets in the premiership there is a massive difference betweens the premiership and Championship for managers and players

I have long thought that Sunderland being successful under Quinn & Keane would put a huge boot up the backside of a complacent Newcastle United.

As a fan for more than 40 years, it gives me no great pleasure to see the mackems being successful, but fans of our generation can at least give credit where its due - and it most certainly IS due to the current SAFC outfit. Both chairman and manager have done wonders there in a very short time , and , unlike the Murray days, they now have a realistic chance of attracting good players and building the club into a real threat to NUFC's standing as top NE club. Futhermore, they will aim to achieve MORE than this, which in itself is a greater target than the current Board of NUFC seem to want.

The days of complacency for the Board, Management AND supporters of Newcastle United are coming to an end - and not before time in my opinion. The club has under-performed for a few seasons now, and a

successful Sunderland will put huge pressure on the Board - Newcastle supporters can take anything as long as SAFC are below them, but any reversal of that position for an extended period would have the riot police being called to SJP..!!

Bring it on, I say - the fans of Newcastle United have been taken for granted for too long, and the club has thrown away many chances of becoming truly successful - it is ironic that I , as a former Magpie Group member, am having to rely on the success of our traditional rivals to shake the club out of its self-imposed slumber.

Shepherd is now about to find out how tough life can be as a Chairman of a club under pressure, and we are going to see just how tough he actually IS, instead of hearing him brag about it.

Now that Roeder has gone, he MUST get the next appointment right - any more cock-ups and he will be gone faster than snow in June - the mackems got it right with Keane, but it was a gamble that paid off ; will the same thing work with Shearer..??

Finally, those who take pleasure in slamming O'Neill should wait until this time NEXT year before passing judgement - my bet is that he'll prove you wrong; he spent a fraction of the money Roeder has, yet is above NUFC.....

Keane has done no better than McCarthy but the only difference being the fact that he is Roy Keane so everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon.

It was exactly the same when Captain Marvel took over at the Smogs and got them up, the way folk were touting him as a future England manager etc.

I live in Birmingham now and I find it weird that Birmingham fans dont like Bruce and even wanted him sacked half way through the season. Yet they finish 2nd and won automatic promotion. All the Birmingham fans say that they are a shite team and have spent the season criticising them.

This suggests to me that Keane, whilst appearing to do well, has got Sunderland out of a very very ordinary league.

Do we seriously expect a team containing a front line of Dwight Yorke, Stern John and David Connelly to strike fear into most premiership teams.

Guest LucaAltieri

We are more likely to be relegated next season rather than the mackems.

Mackem.

Keane has done no better than McCarthy but the only difference being the fact that he is Roy Keane so everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon.

It was exactly the same when Captain Marvel took over at the Smogs and got them up, the way folk were touting him as a future England manager etc.

The difference is that Sunderland have an ambitious Chairman who will back the manager, plus the fact that Keane will get a sympathetic hearing from the media, just like a certain KK did for us....